Author Topic: Championship Series--Wish List  (Read 15294 times)

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Championship Series--Wish List
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:53:04 AM »
I thought it would be fun to speculate a Champions Race - something that some fans across message boards, fansites, and article comment sections have pushed a little bit in recent years.

Who would you want for your 11 Champion teams to come back and race? In keeping with realistic expectations, going back tooooo far might not be possible, and teams like Reichen and Chip, who are no longer a couple, wouldn't be back racing together (unless they do still today keep a good friendship, but I haven't looked into the history of that and know Reichen has been dating some other dude for two years.)

Also, what types of unique and intense challenges would you love to see? Any extreme places that haven't yet been visited on the Race that you could see giving these winners a heap of trouble?

I'll post my thoughts soon, just thought I'd start this since I didn't see a topic like it in recent months.  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:28:04 PM by georgiapeach »
SNEAKY SNEAKY

MrDeerShank

Re: Championship Series
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »
I did a voting game exactly like this in the FG boards - too lazy/don't have the resources to bring it up right now, but maybe somebody could link it?

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »
I did a voting game exactly like this in the FG boards - too lazy/don't have the resources to bring it up right now, but maybe somebody could link it?

Didn't see it on the first 3 pages of games or so, but maybe I'm missing it. Either way, if newer people like myself have joined the board in the last three months or so, it'd be fun for us to weigh in.

To start, I'd love to see Yields, U-Turns, Intersections, a Switchback, and a new type of obstacle show up in a race with previous champions. Throw everything but the kitchen sink at these guys - anything with a race with all previous winners has to be GRUELING, with lots of twists and turns.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 01:04:13 AM »
IMO, a lot of the winners for me are bland and/or annoying and boring.

In the past TAR seasons post AS, I have only liked around FIVE winner teams out of 12. (Tammy & Victor, Meghan & Cheyne, Ernie & Cindy,  Kisha & Jen, and recently, Jason & Amy.)

I wouldn't really be excited to see all of them race again tbh :P

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »
The only winners that I do not like are BJ and Tyler. As long as they don't invite them back, I'll welcome this series with open arms. :funny:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »
I'm not a Freddy/Kendra fan at. all. Chip and Kim were sweet, didn't mind them winning over freaking Colin/Christie, but would much rather have seen Kami/Karli (such a hot mess, loved them), or the bowling moms take that season.

Uchenna/Joyce? Nice people, happy they beat Rob/Amber, not particularly exciting. Not to mention how pissed I was when the boring hybrid team of Eric/Danielle beat out the hilarious ChaChaChas and Beauties in first All-Stars.

IMO, a lot of the winners for me are bland and/or annoying and boring.
I wouldn't really be excited to see all of them race again tbh :P

Loved the teams you mentioned, I agree, a lot of winners I wouldn't want to see back, which is why I would rather see this kind of show as a "Summer Series" in between regular TAR seasons (hard logistically, but they have no shortage of money for this show nowadays to have a backup host/camera crew travel with the winners during an off-month for the rest.) That way it isn't groan inducing to waste a regular season on them and just kind of an "oh, this is fun to watch while I wait for the next season.."

If I had to choose, I'd go with...

Tammy/Victor
Meghan/Cheyne
Ernie/Cindy (one of my FAVORITE champs, such a funny couple)
Kisha/Jen
Nick/Starr
Rachel/Dave (just to see how they'd do against the past champs/easily the villains of the season)
Jason/Amy
TK/Rachel (Still together?)
Chris/Alex (Older dudes by now surely, but I feel like if any real early team would do it, they would.)
Nat/Kat (love these ladies!)
And as a last team/fun twist, two of the 4 Linz family kids? But if not, I'd go with Dan/Jordan, I didn't like them in the beginning, but they got more likeable.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
Although this is a fantastic idea on paper, I can't see it being all that great on screen, simply due to most of the winners were by far the least unique teams among their respective competitors. 
Don't get me wrong, there have been some great teams to have won but that's only around 5 or 6 teams out of 22 seasons! (Excluding S8)

Here's my list, the first group are the teams I really liked, and the second are those that I disliked but would probably return.

BJ & Tyler - Loved these guys, and they should have been back for the first All Stars.
Uchenna & Joyce - Again loved these two.
Chip & Kim - Really liked this couple as well and would love to see them return.
Nat & Kat - Great F/F winners, though Brook & Claire deserved it more.
Kisha & Jen - Proved EVERYONE wrong when put in a season with Cowboys, Margie & Luke & Globes.
Josh & Brent - Underdogs that should have a 2nd chance to show they're not a one trick pony, although they probably are! Lol

Dave & Rachel - Just to see if they're still as good as first time around.
Meghan & Cheyne - Same reason as above.
Tammy & Victor
Dan & Jordan
TK & Rachel

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »
Although this is a fantastic idea on paper, I can't see it being all that great on screen, simply due to most of the winners were by far the least unique teams among their respective competitors. 
Don't get me wrong, there have been some great teams to have won but that's only around 5 or 6 teams out of 22 seasons! (Excluding S8)

Here's my list, the first group are the teams I really liked, and the second are those that I disliked but would probably return.

BJ & Tyler - Loved these guys, and they should have been back for the first All Stars.
Uchenna & Joyce - Again loved these two.
Chip & Kim - Really liked this couple as well and would love to see them return.
Nat & Kat - Great F/F winners, though Brook & Claire deserved it more.
Kisha & Jen - Proved EVERYONE wrong when put in a season with Cowboys, Margie & Luke & Globes.
Josh & Brent - Underdogs that should have a 2nd chance to show they're not a one trick pony, although they probably are! Lol

Dave & Rachel - Just to see if they're still as good as first time around.
Meghan & Cheyne - Same reason as above.
Tammy & Victor
Dan & Jordan
TK & Rachel

Very true on the screen factor - I suppose these types of topics are more for fun speculation than getting anyone's realistic expectations up. But since other reality shows have had champs return or square off, this made sense to have a bit of fun with :)

I liked BJ and Tyler too, far more than Eric/Jeremy - they had a ton of fun on the race, which is the most important part.

I think champion teams would target Dave/Rachel as much as possible just out of "fear", but might soon realize that every Amazing Race is different and even champs like that are prone to make mistakes.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Championship Series--Wish List
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 03:55:15 PM »
I would rather see a 2nd/3rd place redemption season (that way we can have Brook & Clare back

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 06:49:15 PM »
I actually did a Winner's Edition fanfic!  I had Rob & Brennan from Season 1, Chris & Alex from Season 2, Uchenna & Joyce from Season 7, B.J. & Tyler from Season 9, Tyler & James from Season 10, T.K. & Rachel from Season 12, Nick & Starr from Season 13, Tammy & Victor from Season 14, Megan & Cheyne from Season 15, Nat & Kat from Season 17 and Kisha & Jen from Season 18 (this was before Ernie & Cindy won their season).  So if I had to do it over again, I'd probably get rid of Rob & Brennan and Tyler & James and replace them with Ernie & Cindy and Jason & Amy.  Incidentally, in the fanfic I wrote, Nat & Kat won for the second time.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:07:02 PM »
If ever this turned true, here are the 11 teams I would kinda like to see come back.

Flo & Zach
Chip & Kim
Two of the Linzes (:P)
Tammy & Victor
Nick & Starr
Meghan & Cheyne
Nat & Kat
Kisha & Jen
Ernie & Cindy
Rachel & Dave
Jason & Amy

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »
I'd like to see the following teams for the following reasons with each team sort of having a goal.

Rob and Brennan (To show that even today they could run the race well)
Chip and Kim (To prove that they didn't get lucky because of finding a better flight to Texas)
BJ and Tyler (To prove that they belong as one of the best teams to run the race)
TK and Rachel (To prove that they didn't just win because of Rachel getting lucky at the roadblock )
Tammy and Victor (To show they didn't win just because Luke struggled at the Roadblock)
Megan and Cheyne (For a chance to showcase their dominance against Rachel and Dave)
Nat and Kat (To prove why they were the first all female team to win the race)
Kisha and Jen (To prove that they were a truly competitive team against the Globes)
Ernie and Cindy (For the chance to prove they didn't get lucky by Jeremy and Sandy getting lost)
Rachel and Dave (To prove they weren't dominant in a easy season)
Josh and Brent (For the chance to prove their win wasn't a fluke)
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:33 PM »
Nick & Starr should be cast IMO instead of Tammy & Victor.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »
If ever this turned true, here are the 11 teams I would kinda like to see come back.

Flo & Zach
Chip & Kim
Two of the Linzes (:P)
Tammy & Victor
Nick & Starr
Meghan & Cheyne
Nat & Kat
Kisha & Jen
Ernie & Cindy
Rachel & Dave
Jason & Amy

It seems like nobody would really want to see Bates/Anthony or the model boys who beat Rob/Kimberly and the BAMA girls (Tyler/James, right? They're by far my least liked champions.)

I'd like to see the following teams for the following reasons with each team sort of having a goal.

Rob and Brennan (To show that even today they could run the race well)
Chip and Kim (To prove that they didn't get lucky because of finding a better flight to Texas)
BJ and Tyler (To prove that they belong as one of the best teams to run the race)
TK and Rachel (To prove that they didn't just win because of Rachel getting lucky at the roadblock )
Tammy and Victor (To show they didn't win just because Luke struggled at the Roadblock)
Megan and Cheyne (For a chance to showcase their dominance against Rachel and Dave)
Nat and Kat (To prove why they were the first all female team to win the race)
Kisha and Jen (To prove that they were a truly competitive team against the Globes)
Ernie and Cindy (For the chance to prove they didn't get lucky by Jeremy and Sandy getting lost)
Rachel and Dave (To prove they weren't dominant in a easy season)
Josh and Brent (For the chance to prove their win wasn't a fluke)

Love a lot of these for the reasoning, good call. Would love to see Rob/Brennan go at it again! I loveeeed Flo/Zach, but due to Flo they just strike me as the "we'd never do it again" team and I wonder if they're even still friends.

Would anyone want to see Chip/Reichen back if they wanted to? I actually liked Reichen a lot during the race - then I googled him and saw he became kind of a reality tv jerk (but he did write a book, something like "Why Reality TV stole my life and how I won it back"...or something. Haha.) Chip was a bit dramatic, but a nice guy too.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »
I actually did a Winner's Edition fanfic!  I had Rob & Brennan from Season 1, Chris & Alex from Season 2, Uchenna & Joyce from Season 7, B.J. & Tyler from Season 9, Tyler & James from Season 10, T.K. & Rachel from Season 12, Nick & Starr from Season 13, Tammy & Victor from Season 14, Megan & Cheyne from Season 15, Nat & Kat from Season 17 and Kisha & Jen from Season 18 (this was before Ernie & Cindy won their season).  So if I had to do it over again, I'd probably get rid of Rob & Brennan and Tyler & James and replace them with Ernie & Cindy and Jason & Amy.  Incidentally, in the fanfic I wrote, Nat & Kat won for the second time.

I actually went back and read some of that when I first joined last week - fun to read, great job! :D

I would rather see a 2nd/3rd place redemption season (that way we can have Brook & Clare back

Very true, I would have placed Brooke/Claire in TAR24 instead of one of the 3-peats. Unbelievable that there are only 2 female teams to 5 freaking male teams. Easily one of my top five teams of all time, so much fun.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »

I actually went back and read some of that when I first joined last week - fun to read, great job! :D

Very true, I would have placed Brooke/Claire in TAR24 instead of one of the 3-peats. Unbelievable that there are only 2 female teams to 5 freaking male teams. Easily one of my top five teams of all time, so much fun.

Glad you loved my fanfic!  I put a lot of work into it!

I think I would have wanted Brooke & Claire and Mona & Beth to return instead of Jet & Cord and the Globetrotters.  But maybe the 3-peat teams returned because other teams couldn't make it and that included Brooke & Claire and Mona & Beth.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »
I have seen seasons 12 to 23 and for a Winners edition, I would like to see the following...

TAR14: Tammy & Victor
TAR16: Dan & Jordan
TAR17: Nat & Kat
TAR18: Kisha & Jen
TAR20: Dave & Rachel
TAR21: Josh & Brent

I think this provides contrasting teams that would be entertaining to watch. Then 5 more can be thrown in from 1 to 11

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
I have seen seasons 12 to 23 and for a Winners edition, I would like to see the following...

Go watch Seasons 1 - 11 NOOOOW!!!!  :funny:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
I think a near-winner race would be better, featuring 2nd and 3rd place. Or even include 4th place racers.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »

TAR14: Tammy & Victor
TAR16: Dan & Jordan
TAR17: Nat & Kat
TAR18: Kisha & Jen
TAR20: Dave & Rachel
TAR21: Josh & Brent

I think this provides contrasting teams that would be entertaining to watch. Then 5 more can be thrown in from 1 to 11

I think that Nick & Starr should be in place instead of Tammy & Victor and Ernie & Cindy instead of GGF.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
In the past TAR seasons post AS, I have only liked around FIVE winner teams out of 12. (Tammy & Victor, Meghan & Cheyne, Ernie & Cindy,  Kisha & Jen Nick & Starr, and recently, Jason & Amy.)
I guess we have the same taste, gamer hahaha. They were all my fav winners, but replace Kisha & Jen with Nick & Starr  :hrt:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 12:38:42 AM »
In the past TAR seasons post AS, I have only liked around FIVE winner teams out of 12. (Tammy & Victor, Meghan & Cheyne, Ernie & Cindy,  Kisha & Jen Nick & Starr, and recently, Jason & Amy.)
I guess we have the same taste, gamer hahaha. They were all my fav winners, but replace Kisha & Jen with Nick & Starr  :hrt:

:lol:

I guess I'll put Nick & Starr up there too.

But Kisha/Jen still remain one of my favorite winners of all time, mainly because we had a really horrid boot order (Amanda/Kris, RonTina, Kent/Vyxsin robbage, JaCara) and the Globes winning would have really killed it, but instead we got a bittersweet ending. Kisha/Jen beat the Globes and for that they are one of my favorite winners ever, not just because Kisha/Jen are epic goddesses, but because they best one of the most obnoxious teams in recent history and for that they deserve MUCH MORE credit.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »

:lol:

I guess I'll put Nick & Starr up there too.

But Kisha/Jen still remain one of my favorite winners of all time, mainly because we had a really horrid boot order (Amanda/Kris, RonTina, Kent/Vyxsin robbage, JaCara) and the Globes winning would have really killed it, but instead we got a bittersweet ending. Kisha/Jen beat the Globes and for that they are one of my favorite winners ever, not just because Kisha/Jen are epic goddesses, but because they best one of the most obnoxious teams in recent history and for that they deserve MUCH MORE credit.

TOTAL robbery on the goths by the Globes - definitely was happy with the ladies pulling out the win, what an upset! Seeing Jen/Kisha back in a Championship race, they would have to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Off-topic side note...are Christina (Ron/Christina) and Azarea still married? That was such a subtle "oh bee-tee-dubs, I'm like engaged to someone from the race.."
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 04:33:32 AM »
I'd rather see a noobie-second-chance race with VERY early boots, than a championship with the winners.
Anyway, if I had to make a list, mine would be:

Flo & Zach
Nick & Starr
Tammy & Victor
Meghan & Cheyne
Nat & Kat
Dave & Rachel
Jason & Amy

And possibly Kisha & Jen or Uchenna & Joyce if TAR is so willing to bring back 3peaters :lol:
And yeah, I know that I didn't pick 11 teams, because I tend to start disliking the team that eventually wins towards the end of the race  :funny:

I think a near-winner race would be better, featuring 2nd and 3rd place. Or even include 4th place racers.
*total agreement*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
Off-topic side note...are Christina (Ron/Christina) and Azarea still married? That was such a subtle "oh bee-tee-dubs, I'm like engaged to someone from the race.."

Yes, very happily with a lovely son!  :luvya:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.