Author Topic: TAR 24 Media  (Read 30025 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 24 Media
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »
CBS announced today the 11 all-star teams returning for another sprint around the globe and the opportunity to win the $1 million dollar prize, on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

This season, which marks the 24th race around the world for the series, will feature some of the most memorable duos. Eleven all-star teams return for another chance to win THE AMAZING RACE, but in a dramatic twist one team will not make it to the starting line.  The returning teams include fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, Brendon & Rachel, and more.

Teams will be put to the test as they travel through four continents and nine countries, spanning more than 35,000 miles. The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou, China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in Malaysia, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up vehicles in Sri Lanka.   
Read more here

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Media
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:39 AM »
according to this report: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20780005,00.html

they'll race 4 continents and 9 countries for this season, so the 2nd or 3rd continent will race somewhere in Africa, so it'll included for those fans who love to see racing on that continent.  Guess which African country will be featuring on 2nd All Star edition?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 11:35:58 PM »
Saw the first leg is titled  Back in the Saddle.

Offline marylandboy234

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
There are lots of new press release pics of teams coming to the starting line and tells their first challenge look through the band for a Chinese symbol :D

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/photos?page=1&show=the-amazing-race

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »
There are lots of new press release pics of teams coming to the starting line and tells their first challenge look through the band for a Chinese symbol :D

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/photos?page=1&show=the-amazing-race

Could someone post the pictures? It's not available in New Zealand
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:30:39 AM »
Do we have the title for the first ep? If so, I'm sorry for repeating it.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 02:53:59 AM »
Do we have the title for the first ep? If so, I'm sorry for repeating it.

That press release omg -_______-

What a "dramatic" twist indeed.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 03:19:42 AM »
Also, coming from TV Guide:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 03:31:00 AM »
Episode 2 title is out too

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
Thanks guys!! :hearts:

baby bear's soup? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »
A bad Goldilocks and the 3 bears reference? :lol:

Offline ahecht

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Interesting that the CBS press site shows Bopper and Mark at the start. However, they also tweeted:
4 the 1st time in #AmazingRace history 1 team will not make it 2 the starting line! The dramatic season premiere 2/23! 8pm http://bit.ly/1dJ7CyY

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 10:56:15 AM »
 :hello2: ahecht,  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:11 PM »
Interesting that the CBS press site shows Bopper and Mark at the start. However, they also tweeted:
4 the 1st time in #AmazingRace history 1 team will not make it 2 the starting line! The dramatic season premiere 2/23! 8pm http://bit.ly/1dJ7CyY
My theory is that Bopper and Mark said to the producers that Bopper wasn't up to doing the race but producers wanted them to announce it to the other teams at the starting line.

Can you bring the photo on to the forum, CBS thinks people in Australia aren't important.

and
:hello2: ahecht,  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 11:45:44 PM »

Phil Keoghan Teases 'Amazing Race All-Stars' Drama

By LISA HIRSCH

February 21, 2014

CBS

The Amazing Race: All-Stars premieres this Sunday on CBS and for fans of the show, there's someone for everyone in the cast. From affable cowboys Jet and Cord, to inspiring father-son cancer survivors Dave and Connor, to small-town best friends Mark and Bopper, fans are already loving this season's crop of contestants. Now, Race host Phil Keoghan is dishing all to ETonline about the new season, including revealing a twist in the first episode that even shocked him.

ETonline: I'm really excited about the All-Star season. Almost everyone you picked are people that I personally love and am excited to see come back.

Phil Keoghan: Who knew that picking All-Stars would be such a topic of conversation with fans? It's amazing how people start weighing in on the teams they like, so it's actually been really good just to stir the fans up that way.

ETonline: I'm really excited about Mark and Bopper and Jet and Cord.

Phil: I would say that Jet and Cord would be the most talked about team in Amazing Race history. Just the iconic cowboy hats and their good manners and their competitive spirit and having come so close before. They are definitely, if not the top, they're one of the top teams in terms of popularity with fans.

ETonline: Definitely, so how did you decide who would come back?

Phil: Well it really was about the teams that the fans were talking about. So it was looking online to see who the fans were talking about, who did people love to hate, who did people mention when they talk about Amazing Race moments, that was really how it started, just, 'Who do people care about?'

ETonline: Who would you say on this season are the ones that everyone loves to hate?

Phil: Definitely the most polarizing team that we have coming back would be Brendon and Rachel. … The people who love her, love her with a passion. … Then there are people who really dislike them for whatever reason and yet love watching her in the mix because they want to see whether she's going to get to that breaking point. You know, that wonderful line of hers when she was on last time, 'I thought 'Amazing Race was meant to be fun!' She obviously in that moment wasn't having a lot of fun. There are a few more polarizing teams. Certainly Margie and Luke, with their history on the race, they have certainly stirred the fans up as well.

Related: Amazing Race Team Talks Moscow Misfortune

ETonline: Yeah, all of these teams are teams who made it pretty far on their seasons, from what I remember.

Phil: Well, something happens on the race this time… We've had teams running in on top of each other before, that's reasonably common, maybe you have three, four teams running in on top of each other on the mat. But at the end of the second leg, the competition was so tight that the mat was so crowded that I couldn't get everybody on for a start. I believe we had pretty much every team standing in front of me at the end of the second leg.

ETonline: Wow, so it's going to be close this season…

Phil: Yes, definitely close.

ETonline: Who are you excited personally to see come back?

Phil: I really like the relationship between Dave and Connor. I have a close connection with my dad, and I love that father son relationship. And I think their story really touches people just because they both survived cancer, and … there's so many people in the audience who can relate because they've had cancer themselves or they know somebody – who doesn't know somebody who's had cancer? So that they've shown, having both survived cancer, to me is very inspiring to the audience. And certainly inspiring to me. And then the relationship they have as a father and son and the circumstances to which they were eliminated last time, where they had to pull out because of an injury and they were doing so well and this is a chance for them to re-write their Amazing Race history. I think that of all the stories, that to me is the strongest one.

ETonline: So, with this group of people, how do you think that they'll all get along?

Phil: Well, going back to this idea that they're all incredibly competitive, there is a connection with the teams, that because they've been on The Amazing Race before, they're part of a family, and so at the beginning of this race, we have the most emotional start that we've ever had on Amazing Race, where one team is put in a situation where they're not actually able to leave on the race. And we've never had this before. And it's not something that I ever saw happening.

Because 24 hours out, with all the vetting that goes on, and all the work that goes on to get our teams to the starting line, you just don't see something going wrong at the last minute. But in this particular case, it did. And that really shocked everybody. I also go to see in that moment, just how tight all the teams were, in terms of them really wanting to have a fair competition and actually caring about each other. Yes, towards the end, it obviously gets a little heated, because it's a lot more cutthroat. But on the whole, people want a fair competition. They want to race fairly and they want to do fairly, the sportsmanship is pretty good.

ETonline: All of these teams are out for redemption, but are there any teams who are more out for redemption than others?

Phil: Certainly in terms of redemption it would have to be Jessica and John, after their moment in season 22 where they became the only team in Amazing Race history to be eliminated with an Express Pass. And John to his credit has found a way to laugh at the situation. I was so bamboozled by what happened and so confused by their answer about what went wrong that I could only say 'Oy Vey,' which is such a wonderful phrase to encapsulate just how crazy that was. So as far as redemption, it's our 'Oy Vey' team that are back to redeem themselves.

The Amazing Race premieres this Sunday, February 23 at 8/7c on CBS. And though New Zealand native Phil spends his year traveling the globe with The Amazing Race, he doesn't limit his travels to that – he also spent 26 days last year riding an 85-year-old bicycle on the route of the 1928 Tour de France, for a new documentary that he's currently editing. Look out for that!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/143707_Phil_Keoghan_Teases_Amazing_Race_All_Stars_Drama/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 06:15:06 AM »
Episode 3 location coming from TV Guide:

Offline ahecht

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
Can you bring the photo on to the forum, CBS thinks people in Australia aren't important.

These are the biggest ones I can get without press credentials:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 01:26:16 PM »
FR9M TVGUIDE:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-All-Stars-Premiere-Phil-Keoghan-1078029.aspx

Phil Keoghan Breaks Down Amazing Race All-Stars Teams and "Gut-Wrenching" Start

by Joyce Eng

Eleven teams are set to take to the starting line again on The Amazing Race All-Stars (Sunday, 8/7c, CBS) — key word being "set."

For the first time, one team will be prohibited from going on the Race. "After a thorough examination, our doctor determined that one team is not capable of going because of a medical concern that we had about one team member," host Phil Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "The emotion at the start of this Race is unlike any that we've ever had before. I have to break the news to everyone else. It's obviously devastating and affects not only that team and the other teams, who realize that suddenly there's this major change. This is absolutely the most dramatic thing that's ever happened. It's gut-wrenching. It broadsided us."

Nevertheless, 11 teams will still take off around the world — "you'll have to see what we decided to do," Keoghan teases — for the second and, in three cases, third times. This is the show's third all-stars outing, coming three years after the second Unfinished Business-themed one. "I think there are a lot of fans who really like all-stars," Keoghan says. "We're constantly getting hit with ideas of various combinations. It seemed timely to do another one now because there are so many teams that have come so close and there are so many great stories within those teams. There isn't a team up there that doesn't have a really great story. We listened to the fans in terms of who to come back. That doesn't mean all fans will agree with all the choices. I'm just saying those teams fans are talking about the most."

So how did the show come to pick this roster? Keoghan breaks it down below.

Leo and Jamal, Season 23 — 4th place
Last we saw them:
The Afghanimals/cousins missed out on a final three spot when Leo messed up the button configuration on a robot.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: The Afghanimals were widely perceived to be sneaky master manipulators by most of the Season 23 cast, a label that irked them but that they also relished. "They have that very competitive, loud streak," Keoghan says. "We saw how the teams last season reacted to them. How will a new group of teams regard them? They ride that line of being entertaining and annoying in some people's eyes. The interesting thing is, they did back-to-back seasons, so will they be tired as well?"

Brendon and Rachel, Season 20 — 3rd place
Last we saw them:
Crying and arguing with nemeses Vanessa and Ralph, and each other.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: Arguably the most divisive team this season (and maybe ever), the Big Brother alums were an "obvious" choice for All-Stars, Keoghan says. "Their fans are incredibly loyal and there are some people who just cannot stand them," he says. "Rachel is such a larger-than-life reality character with her bickering and the two of them going at each other. You turn on the camera and you're guaranteed something interesting. How could you not have them back? Even people who don't like them as a team know that just by putting them in the mix with teams that they like know they're going to get content. That's the key of the show. We can't just pick the most popular based on how nice they are. We also have to put in teams that are going to stir things up."

Jennifer and Caroline, Season 22 — 4th place
Last we saw them:
The country singers rode an alliance and near-showmance with eventual winners Bates and Anthony to a fourth-place finish.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: To prove they're not a fluke. "I think they surprised everybody, including themselves with fourth place last time. They are out to have a good time," Keoghan says. "They worked with the hockey players last time. I know some fans don't think they would've gotten that far without them. What can they do this time? Will they work with another team?"

Jet and Cord, Season 16 — 2nd place; Season 18 — 6th place
Last we saw them:
The Harlem Globetrotters U-Turned them in Switzerland on Unfinished Business.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: One of the three-timers, the fan favorite cowboys were another irresistible pick. "There's never been a team that has been asked about more than the cowboys," Keoghan says. "People just love them. They're delightful, they're competitive and they're great Racers. That combination is rare." As for them getting yet another chance, Keoghan says there's no hard and fast rule that says teams can't be on more than twice. "At the end of the day, regardless of whether they're coming back a second or third time, that lineup is based on fan feedback and the strength of their story."

Dave and Connor, Season 22 — 8th place
Last we saw them:
The father-son cancer survivors withdrew after Dave tore his Achilles' tendon, but not before winning a leg with the help of an Express Pass.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: How could you not give a team like that a second shot? "Dave was literally running the race for so long on one leg. People loved that story and wanted them to come back and race again," Keoghan says. "They had really horrible luck last time. Who knows how well they could've done had that not happened. They were clearly a strong team even with Dave on one leg."

Flight Time and Big Easy, Season 15 — 4th place; Season 18 — 2nd place
Last we saw them:
The Globetrotters couldn't figure out a table setting in the final Season 18 task and had to copy eventual winners Kisha and Jen's.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: "They're just a lot of fun. You need that," Keoghan says. "At one point, they just get down and start dancing. They are absolutely focused on having a good time. They love each other like brothers. They add the fun and humor and comedy and are not into the drama like some other teams."

Jessica and John, Season 22 — 9th place
Last we saw them:
They became the first team ever to be eliminated while holding an Express Pass — and John declared he had "no regrets," cuing up Keoghan's famous "oy vey" eye roll.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: Redemption, duh. "That 'oy vey' moment has been haunting them," Keoghan says. "To John's credit, he's being very graceful about admitting he made a mistake. But before that happened, they were a very strong team that some people picked to win it all."

Margie and Luke, Season 14 — 3rd place; Season 18 — 8th place
Last we saw them:
They were eliminated after Luke spent hours drinking tea to find a clue.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: Like Brendon and Rachel, the mother-son duo —he, the show's first and only deaf racer — are a love 'em or hate 'em tandem. "They're quite controversial. I know fans who are inspired by them and fans who cannot stand them and find Luke whiny and irritating," Keoghan says. "They're also very ruthless. You saw how they U-Turned Amanda and Kris [in Season 14]. You need characters like them."

Natalie and Nadiya, Season 21 — 4th place
Last we saw them:
The self-professed twinnies got lost en route to the Pit Stop, but are most remembered for keeping James and Abba's money that they found on the floor.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: They're another divisive team. "The twinnies can rub a lot of people the wrong way," Keoghan says. "They are loud and can be quite inappropriate with their boisterous behavior. Can't you just picture them going up against Rachel? I'm not saying that's going to happen, but the possibility of that is what you want."

Joey and Meghan, Season 22 — 5th place
Last we saw them:
They failed to check for earlier flights and got the boot after going head-to-head with Mona and Beth for the last spot in the final four.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: They're the underdogs. The YouTube hosts were middle-of-the-pack racers, scoring a second-place finish just once, a week before their elimination. They also have the dubious honor of being the first team to be U-Turned twice in a season. "Joey and Meghan are fun, young team, and I think they're quietly threatening," Keoghan says. "They weren't the strongest team last time, but they're definitely that team that could play spoiler."

Bopper and Mark, Season 20 — 5th place
Last we saw them:
Despite completing a Fast Forward, the BFFs got eliminated after falling so far behind the previous leg when Mark struggled with a Bollywood dance.
Why they deserve to be on All-Stars: Their aw-shucks demeanor, charm and enthusiasm is only rivaled by the cowboys. "I don't know anyone who doesn't like them," Keoghan says. "They're not the best racers ever, but the thing people respond to the most is their friendship and bond. Everyone was begging them to come back after they were eliminated."

The Amazing Race All-Stars premieres Sunday at 8/7c on CBS.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 04:47:36 AM »
Episode 3 title is out:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 02:16:30 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but it's a really interesting listen especially the stuff with Bopper. Incredibly heart-breaking and sheds light on what happened with him and Mallory replacing him.

http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-race-all-stars-exit-interview-bopper-minton-natalie-nadiya-anderson-twinnies/
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »
FROM ZAP2TI.COM:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/03/cbs-to-rebroadcast-the-first-two-episodes-of-this-seasons-the-amazing-race-saturday-march-8/241724/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CBS to Rebroadcast the First Two Episodes of This Season’s 'The Amazing Race' Saturday, March 8

Written By Sara Bibel

March 3rd, 2014

The Amazing Race March 2 2014

via press release:

SATURDAY, MARCH 8 IS GOING TO BE “AMAZING!”

CBS to Rebroadcast the First Two Episodes of This Season’s “The Amazing Race”

CBS will rebroadcast the first two episodes of this season’s THE Amazing Race on Saturday, March 8 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).  The episodes were originally broadcast on Sunday, Feb. 23 (premiere) and Sunday, March 2.

Saturday, March 8

8:00-9:00 PM     THE Amazing Race “BACK IN THE SADDLE” (2401)

9:00-10:00 PM   THE Amazing Race “BABY BEAR’S SOUP” (2402)

10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS (original)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »
And they're also repeating episode 2 on TVGN at the exact same time on Saturday.

I have to think that the winter storms may also be playing a role in this decision in addition to the counter-programming that was taking place.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
From TVGuide:

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »
The Amazing Race 24 Encore Promo (Eps 1 and 2 Saturday):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4DXuXprJUu4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4DXuXprJUu4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:45:46 PM by colav10 »

MrDeerShank

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »
I can't screencap it but TVGuide has Leg 5 to be in Colombo, Sri Lanka :tup: