Author Topic: TAR 24: Joseph ''Joey'' Graceffa & Meghan Caramena (TAR 22) "YouTube Hosts"  (Read 24447 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I was generally neutral towards them in S22, mainly I liked Meghan a lot, but Joey just kept annoying me as the race went on.. :res:

This time we got to see Meghan a little bit more and I liked that a lot, I think the whole team grew on me a lot more! I mean, they race in class and they really ARE nice people. My highlight was Meghan helping John and thus almost causing themselves the race (had Mark not lost his bag).

Anyways, I totally agree that 3.5 legs were horrible. I mean it's not just the country route that they chose, but the tasks and leg length... And all the provided flights + no HoO's :res: I totally get why they're bitter and, I think, I'd also be if I was in their shoes. I just really liked this part of one of their interviews! :hrt:
Joey: Well, you always want to do well. But it's so crazy because this time around there hasn't yet been an equalizer. Where you started on the leg was where you were going to end. Legs were really short, to be honest. They were really easy this time around and no one was making mistakes. It was really hard to pass anyone, so where you started was where you were going to end, which was kind of frustrating. But we had to deal with it and were trying to keep our cool.
Meghan: We figured there would be an equalizer. After watching the Race for this long, there hasn't yet been like a three-hour wait for everyone on the same flight or like an eight-hour wait for some place to open. It just seemed like they wanted one of those three teams on the second flight to get out. Seriously, there wasn't going to be a chance for any of the three of us to pull ahead of the first flight. It was kind of ridiculous. We had come to terms with that, like, "OK. Guess this is the way the Race is gonna be this time."

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Twinnies and YouTube spent Easter together  :hrt:

Now I feel bad that we couldn't have a Twinnie YouTube alliance on TAR24 :(

:lol:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

YES TWINNIES AND YOUTUBE!
They alliance was impossible, though. If one wasn't out on Leg 1, the other would be.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Joey has signed with a major talent agency based in Hollywood to represent him in all areas. He's one of the first to be signed by one of the majors in Hollywood based solely on their online presence and activities, which, to be honest, is a heck of an accomplishment.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/joey-graceffa-youtube-amazing-race-uta/

UTA Signs YouTube Star & ‘Amazing Race’ Alum Joey Graceffa
By JEN YAMATO |
Friday May 9, 2014 @ 9:00am PDT

EXCLUSIVE: YouTube darling Joey Graceffa has signed with UTA for representation in all areas as the agency continues to cultivate a client list of online personalities and new media stars. Graceffa has built himself a YouTube audience of over 4M subscribers and 300M views across his channels and parlayed his Internet presence into numerous brand ambassador deals and a national live tour. The 22-year-old vlogger, gamer, and musician competed on CBS’ The Amazing Race last year with fellow Internet personality Meghan Camarena, taking 5th place in the competition’s 22nd season. He returned for The Amazing Race All-Star Edition and launched a successful Kickstarter to fund his own supernatural webseries Storytellers, which debuted last December. With UTA Graceffa will work to capitalize on his massive online following to create opportunities in film and television acting, publishing, touring, and music — all while maintaining his relationship with his 1.2M Twitter fans and YouTube following. Social media is a new potential goldmine for talent, evidenced by UTA’s recent signings of prominent YouTubers Justine Ezarik (a.k.a. iJustine), Shane Dawson, Jimmy Tatro (Life According to Jimmy) and Bethany Mota (a.k.a. MacBarbie07). Graceffa is managed by Petar Mandich at Addition.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster

YES TWINNIES AND YOUTUBE!
They alliance was impossible, though. If one wasn't out on Leg 1, the other would be.

To be honest, before this season started I couldn't see the Twinnies and YouTube getting along very well. But outside of the race it sounds like they've become good friends.

Even though I'm not much of a fan of this team (Meghan's okay, and Joey mellowed out a lot this time), I can't believe they had the chance to pull off another "Charla & Mirna/Rob & Amber" upset. If they hadn't lost their taxi, Brendon & Rachel would have been gone in the 3rd leg.