The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 24: Natalie Anderson & Nadiya Anderson (TAR 21) "Twins"

<< < (7/10) > >>

Jimmer:

--- Quote from: Jobby on February 25, 2014, 09:07:57 AM ---That was TAR Australia I think? Which other season did we have a FW task? Can't really remember...

--- End quote ---

TARAus1 in Singapore in the finale, there were 3 clues and 28 pods but there was someone who marked which ones were taken already so that different teams wouldn't go into the same pod, correct or incorrect.

Marionete:
They truly had a disasterous leg, one that would get you eliminated easily on any leg on any other season. They both bickered and made mistakes & had bad luck.... :( They were really one of the very few rootable teams....  :gaah: Well, at least they really got a lot of airtime (the most of all teams - I'm confident)  :hug?:
--- Quote from: gamerfan09 on February 24, 2014, 08:19:41 PM ---

Credit to Kandace, best intro shot ever <3

--- End quote ---
OMG how do I put this on my avatar <3

--- Quote from: Dånooky on February 24, 2014, 07:59:14 PM ---Twinnies vs. Afghanimals would have been an awesome rivalry, but I guess the race can only handle one loud team.

--- End quote ---
Lol, it was so funny that they were kind of working together, but at the same time calling each other names :funny:

--- Quote from: Cocoa on February 24, 2014, 04:28:25 AM ---Twinnies for All-Stars 3 pls <3

--- End quote ---
YES  :hoot: :<3

Ryan:
They handled themselves like real pros! Agreed that they didn't sound too bitter. I think even Phil was super bummed that they were the first team to go, truly unexpected given how much they were at the front of the pack in their first race.

DEFINITELY want to see them back for All-Stars #3 (or Unfinished Business #2?...or did they tank that 'title') - they seem like they would do it in a heartbeat as well. And @gamerfan, totally love that intro with them spinning :D

They should do a Cross-Fit video series - that would really get me into it.

Jobby:
ELIMINATION INTERVIEW: NATALIE AND NADIYA
POSTED ON FEB 26, 2014 10:35AM

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1002006/

Natalie and Nadiya were the first team eliminated from The Amazing Race All-Stars and they took YOUR questions! See if your question was answered below!

Jacob G: Did you guys think that getting on that #2 cart would have made a difference?
I think maybe we would have had a chance to take over Team Youtube, but only if Joey had totally messed up on the challenge of doing flips in the air, which he didn't. We were going to be behind them by enough time to allow them to check in first.

Charlotte B: Do you regret the constant bickering?
We fought the entire race on season 21, Nadiya and I fight, its not how friends fight, we are sisters and twins at that, we don't hold it against each other. Even with the fighting we made it all the way to 4th place before so no not really. We are explosive and have no boundaries with each other, its our twinnie relationship!

Lyn G: Why did you follow the other teams to look for the first clue instead of searching yourselves?
We decided to work with Leo and Jamal on a whim, going back we should have just split off as soon as we realized it was not working out! We ran solo most of season 21 and it worked well, should have stuck with that!

Michelle C: Do you think you will ever be able to do something competitive without arguing? It seems that's when you disagree the most.
We argue a lot! But usually it makes us push and try harder. When we in a competitive setting we yell and scream at each other and it usually makes us try harder and do better. For example when we are competing in a Crossfit competition or even just working out, I yell at Nadiya, she yells at me, really aggressively, it may make others uncomfortable but we don't care!

Marcy S: How does it feel to be the first eliminated due to your own bickering?
No I think it was because we didn't find the bloody clue! The order of finding the clue basically secured us in a last place finish. It was a very linear leg with little room to catch up or overtake teams. We fought Leg 1 in China our first season the entire time but came in fourth. Nad yelled at me and we fought the entire time I was playing ping pong. I think it was a combination of bad luck, bad timing and that unfamiliar feeling of racing in the back of the pack that was the reason we lost!

Kelly C: Do you find that most teams are genuine? Like their true selves on and off camera? If you were able to make an alliance with another team from this season, who would that be? Why?
I feel like most teams are genuine, some teams do things for the camera to get fans to like them more, some are fake to all racers so they can use them along the way. Nadiya and I have always been 100% ourselves, sometimes that gets us in hot water, makes people think we are too competitive or aggressive but that is who we are. I would never fake it! Mallory seemed like a girl that I would  loved to race with, we didn't get to, but her personality just radiates! I think Nadiya, Mallory and myself would have had an amaze time racing together!

Justin P: How long were you searching for one of the three wedding dress stores?
THREE BLOODY HOURS! It was the worst, hot, humid and caring 30 pound backpacks!!!

Scott M: Which team did you want to compete against (and beat) most?
We were looking forward to racing with the globes, they are a really physically strong team and seemed to be a lot of fun! We would have loved to be in a situation going head to head with them in an intense and demanding challenge. We thrive off competitive physical challenges! Rooting for them to win though! GO GLOBES!

Alenaveda:
FROM CTV.CA:
http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRace/article/Natalie-and-Nadiya-embarrassed-to-be-eliminated-first-on-e28098Amazing-Racee28099-All-Stars

Natalie and Nadiya embarrassed to be eliminated first on ‘Amazing Race’ All-Stars
by: Sheri Block
Date: 2/27/2014 1:54:00 PM

After being eliminated right before the final three the first time around, Natalie and Nadiya Anderson wanted to return to “The Amazing Race” to win it all.

But instead, the twins from Edgewater, N.J., were the first all-star team to be eliminated from Season 24.

“Honestly it was so bloody embarrassing. Nadiya and I, we never even had a close encounter until we got kicked off the first time. We were never scared (of getting eliminated) and this time Nadiya and I couldn’t even face Phil (Keoghan). It was really disappointing because I know he had high hopes for us, as well as all of the fans,” Natalie tells CTV.ca over the phone.

“Fans who hated us and fans who loved us, they all knew we were a strong team.”

The “twinnies” fell behind during a leg in China when they struggled to find their next clue in one of three shops among hundreds of wedding dress stores.

By the time they arrived at the next challenge – searching for clues in a bubble car at the Canton Tower ferris wheel – they were in last place and tensions were running high.

“We were stuck in a bubble, we knew we were basically last place, there was nothing to do except stare at each other. At that point it was just all frustration,” says Natalie. 

“But we bounced back. We can have a really intense argument and then two seconds later we can be fine. There was nothing else after the bubble except the (high-wire) flips and it was basically done so there was nothing else that we could’ve rebounded off of.”

When the twins, who grew up in Sri Lanka during a civil war, first appeared on the “Race” in Season 21, they finished fourth after getting lost on the way to the Pit Stop in France. “Beekman” boys Josh and Brent went on to win the million dollar prize.

“Nadiya and I were so close last time and then the finale was in New York, where we’d been living for the past eight years, so for us it was bittersweet getting kicked off before the finale and we felt this time we could’ve made it to the final three,” says Natalie.

As well as their mix-up on the way to the Pit Stop, the twins have also been remembered for finding some money left behind by another team and keeping it, even though they suspected it belonged to rockers James and Abba, who were forced to beg on the streets of Bangladesh as a result.

“The racers (this season) would joke about it. They’d be like, ‘Don’t leave you money around, Natalie and Nadiya will get it.’ And we were like, ‘Yeah you better not leave your money because I’m sure it will be gone,’” says Natalie with a laugh.

“They were just doing it (in good) fun. I don’t think anybody really has an issue with it . . . it’s all part of the game.”

Natalie adds that even though they’re extremely disappointed they were kicked off first, she doubts any of the other racers feel the same.

“We were really strategic players. As soon as we got kicked out I’m sure there were a lot of sighs of relief from some of the teammates.”

“The Amazing Race” airs at a special time Sunday March 2 at 6 p.m. ET due to the Oscars broadcast before returning to its regular timeslot March 9 at 8 p.m. ET.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version