Author Topic: TAR 24: John Erck & Jessica Hoel (TAR 22) "Engaged"  (Read 17122 times)

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
Re: TAR 24: John Erck & Jessica Hoel (TAR 22) "Engaged"
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
JJ  :'( :'(
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »
Such a bummer - they were my #2 :( Please, Globes/Cowboys/Brenchel fall next, give some fame to the non 3-peats and non-"I've already been on other reality shows" people.

You could just see the defeat in Jessica's face like "seriously?...we were doing amazing.." - hoping to see some good sport exit-interviews, but definitely gotta hurt losing by a millisecond.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »
Such a bummer - they were my #2 :( Please, Globes/Cowboys/Brenchel fall next, give some fame to the non 3-peats and non-"I've already been on other reality shows" people.

You could just see the defeat in Jessica's face like "seriously?...we were doing amazing.." - hoping to see some good sport exit-interviews, but definitely gotta hurt losing by a millisecond.

I would actually love Brenchel to win, considering the fact that Meghan & Joey and Jessica & John seemed to be on good terms or friends with them after the Race.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1002323/

Elimination Interview: Jessica and John

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 04:35pm

Jessica and John answer YOUR questions about being eliminated from the Race, the hardest leg they had to run, and how the Race has shaped their lives.

EJ P: If given the opportunity, would you guys run the race again? And would you have a different strategy/mindset?
Jessica:
Yes, we would definitely run the race again!! We had so much fun and there is really nothing like it. I don't think we would change our strategy/mindset next time around. I like how we ran it this time around.
John: Yes, for sure. The race really is a once in a lifetime opportunity so the fact that we got to run it twice is so cool. We'd be humbled if we got the chance to do it again and we definitely would. If we did get to do round 3 we'd probably be U-turning people like crazy. Haha, just kidding, we've actually never even seen a U-turn board. Anyways, if we got to do it a third time we'd be married by then! So maybe that's been the missing link this whole time. I bet we'd take it if we ran it as newlyweds.

Lisa M: How do you feel about the taxi drivers who got you lost?
Jessica:
At the time, I kind of wanted to scream at him (in my gladiator voice, which we all now know is pretty frightening) :-), but looking back it wasn't completely his fault. We knew that the clue was a riddle and not an exact address. He was doing everything he could to help us get to our destination. I do think he was a bit stubborn and over confident about where he was going, but we should have stopped at a place where we could have used the internet earlier.
John: I don't know. I haven't put much thought into that! I think he's probably a decent guy but I don't think he really knew what was going on and how important it was to us. It was hard to communicate with him. With that said though, he should definitely eat a piece of humble pie and just admit when he doesn't know where he's going! That's all we needed him to say is that he wasn't 100% sure! But he was so certain. I'm not sure why he was acting like that but it made it really tough to know when to call it quits with that cab. It's on us though to make decisions and we should have gotten out of that cab earlier, and we knew it.

Dan C: Do you think that if you or the Globetrotters had to find out the answer by yourselves would the outcome have been different?
Jessica:
It is hard to say! Watching back on TV it looked like FT was really struggling with it, but we didn't know that at the time. We really don't know how it would have ended up because John didn't have the answer either.
John: I can't say. I just don't know. I do feel like I was very close though. I'm pretty sure I had the correct year for the obelisk and knew that I had to add the stair count to that and represent the total in roman numerals. I do know I had the step count wrong on my first try though because I had written 136... which now I see means I counted the gutter! Anyways, the sequence of events that played out that day were remarkable. So, I think it was all meant to be. The Globetrotters and Afghanimals beat us fair and square and that's what happened! So, we're happy for those guys and I can't say how it would have turned out otherwise.

Robin G: How are the accommodations at each pit stop & do you have time to enjoy your stay at all?
Jessica:
It depends, but typically we are able to rest, eat and shower. You aren't able to tour around the city on your own. All you really want to do is sleep and rest anyways.
John: It could be anything from a nice hotel to a lonely hammock on the beach. You never know! That's part of the fun too. Like Jess said though, when you get to a pit stop the best thing to do is eat and sleep. Then you're ready for the next leg of the race.

Kerri A: What was the hardest challenge and which destination was your fave?
Jessica:
As you saw, I had a hard time with that trampoline challenge! I just couldn't find the right rhythm and I was getting pretty frustrated. Also, that last route marker that said "Go to Piazza John Keatz unhappy roman holiday" was obviously a hard one for us! My favorite place this time was Sri Lanka! Loved seeing all of the beautiful beaches and the people were extremely friendly.
John: My favorite place was also Sri Lanka. The tuk-tuks were a ton of fun and the train ride we took was beautiful. China was probably my least favorite place. Guangzhou is a very impressive city but the amount of concrete, traffic, and pollution was a bit much. We did meet a really nice person there though so we have proof the people are awesome!

Matthew M: Do you think that being on the Amazing Race prepared you guys for life after marriage, and what will you take from The Amazing Race to help you when you live on your own?
Jessica:
I don't think the race necessarily prepared us for life after marriage, but just gave us an unforgettable experience together that we will never forget.
John: I think it's more a feather in our cap than anything. To know that we can handle and help each other through the thick and thin of it. But like Jess said, to us, running the race is just a really special experience that we share with each other and something that we'll always have together.

Kevin N: John, how scared were you of that Gladiator? He didn't look like he was playing around.
John:
Kevin, yes, you are correct he was not playing around. In fact, I'm pretty sure he took the challenge more serious than anybody. He started by throwing that legit heavy metal sword at me and then pushing me back after I shield blocked him! If Jess and I ever get to race again I want the opportunity for a rematch where he's a gladiator and I get to be a viking. Then we'll battle.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 07:06:23 AM »

I would actually love Brenchel to win, considering the fact that Meghan & Joey and Jessica & John seemed to be on good terms or friends with them after the Race.

Plus Afghans also I guess  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:09:36 AM by nosyrabbit »
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
If I am correct, I think I saw both JJ & the cowboys getting dropped off at the same street (John Keats').

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 08:53:32 AM »
Jessica favorited my tweet to them :D such a cool team, I hope they have a great marriage.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »
It is indeed really sad what happened to them. Now it's pretty much too late to eliminate Jet & Cord or the Globetrotters early enough. Even if they get eliminated now, they will have been in this race for far too long... :groan:

Go Dave & Connor! Win it all!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 07:03:39 AM »
Yeah, I agree. The cowboys were actually eliminated in 6th on UB, but the entire season seemed so full of them :lol: I just hope Brenchel, CaroJen and either Cancer or Afghanimals (pls the latter) make F3 :colors

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
I feel like they got eliminated right when they started to get their racing groove back. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2015, 08:15:43 PM »
No press release or anything... but they got married already lol (happened since the start of the year already).

It's rly rly belated but congrats to Jessica & John!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:25:08 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »
Congratulationss to Jessica and John!  :luvya:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax