Author Topic: TAR24:Herbert/Flight Time Lang & Nate/Big Easy Lofton(TAR 15+18) "Globetrotters"  (Read 17790 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Herbert “Flight Time” Lang and Nate “Big Easy” Lofton

Name: Herbert “Flight Time” Lang
Hometown: Brinkley, Ark.
Previous Seasons: Seasons 15 & 18
Current occupation: Harlem Globetrotter
Describe what you do: I tour the world playing basketball.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Didn't pay attention to detail.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: The slide with Canaan and Micah.
Favorite place you visited on your first season: Dubai
Why do you want to run the Race again? I wanted to finally see if we could come in first place.
How have you changed since the last time you competed? I wouldn't say that I have changed at all.
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about my kids and seeing people happy.
People would be surprised to learn: How down to earth that, at least I think, I am.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Bad luck
Pet peeve about your teammate: His snoring, but I can handle it.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I have been to over 90. No more really on my list.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Just hope to do better than before.
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: No  

Name: Nathaniel “Big Easy” Lofton
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
Previous Seasons: Seasons 15 & 18
Current occupation: Harlem Globetrotter
Describe what you do: I entertain families around the world.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Didn’t pay attention to detail.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: The water slide in season 15
Favorite place you visited on your first season: Holland
How have you changed since the last time you competed? I haven’t changed.
What are you passionate about? Family
People would be surprised to learn: I’m a quiet person.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: None
Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes he’s too nice… Lol!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Dubai - beautiful city.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Just want to enjoy the race.
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: No change; respect the Race and have fun.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:40:03 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo8vnNPWPfM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oo8vnNPWPfM</a>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:21:00 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6yVrCTg6_80" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6yVrCTg6_80</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
^I think they mean the country of Abu Dubai.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Technically it says "place" so you could say Dubai, they didn't need to write a country... but I've heard this before, did Ashley&Ally say the same last season?

Also I don't understand why they were back on S18, I don't understand why they are back this season. Maybe as a physical threat to keep all the other racers on point, but why?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Didn't like them the first season, disliked them even more the second season, and really do not know why they are back for a third season. Yeah they are competitive, but so are the other 10 teams on the race. In my opinion they have nothing left to give/add to the race.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Didn't like them the first season, disliked them even more the second season, and really do not know why they are back for a third season. Yeah they are competitive, but so are the other 10 teams on the race. In my opinion they have nothing left to give/add to the race.

I feel the same way about them - good guys, but why are they back again? The only answer I can come up with is to appeal to those fans who like "professional athletes" on the race. One of my good friends from my hometown watches and he always roots for these teams. I don't understand why - they already have some level of fame and fortune...there are plenty of really athletic people who aren't famous, i.e. Rachel/Dave, who kick butt in their season.

I'd rather even see the snowboarders back, despite the fact that all they could talk about the second half of the season was God (totally fine with religion, they just didn't have anything else to say after midway, but at least they had WAY more fun on the race than the Globetrotters.)

Also, do we need to be reminded of how FT/BE messed up Kent/Vyxsin at the chocolate molding gnome thing? It wasn't Vyxsin who messed the freezer up, it was Jen, but the globes just assumed it was V because she was working on both sides of the mold at the same time. (The goths might have still gotten last because of their taxi error, but they also could have been less stressed and read the clue correctly.)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
I just have to say that they weren't necessary last time, and they are not this time either.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Potential FRANZ plus trailer/caravan re-arrangement task WITH strong winds coming soon! :funny:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Potential FRANZ plus trailer/caravan re-arrangement task WITH strong winds coming soon! :funny:

LOVE. Dying right now. (That little lady was such a cutie! Hahaha)  :funny:
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I ADORED them on TAR 15, I began to hate them on TAR 18 and it ended with me hating them alltogether (it all began with JaCara in Leg 4 and maybe a little bit from Leg 2), so now that they're back for a THIRD time....

I really don't know what to say now except I hope they go goodbye early :P

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't even remember seeing them at all on the Premiere!  :funny:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep

There was one shot where you could see Big Easy's fat gained :X

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Oh yeah that :lol:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Oh yeah that :lol:

Maybe Margie/Luke will make another very smart U-Turn like they did on Amanda/Kris in their first race - getting the Globes out EARLY before they gain momentum would be beneficial to everyone. I know they're good guys, but I'm just more excited to see other teams do well. Not to mention, does anyone notice how much piggybacking the Globes do on other team decisions, such as with transit ("follow their cab")?

I know every team is guilty of it, it's inevitable in a lot of ways, but they show so much of the Globes doing it.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
My goodness they have done literally nothing memorable so far this season  :funny: Their placements aren't that good either xD Their best is fifth so far  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My goodness they have done literally nothing memorable so far this season  :funny: Their placements aren't that good either xD Their best is fifth so far  :funny:

They are doing worse than TAR15 and MUCH WORSE than TAR18 :P

Ugh why couldn't they have been out by now -_______-

I would literally have any of the 11th-8th placers in the Race now than these two and the cowboys.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:04:33 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Agreed! Margie & Luke were doing a LOT better than the Globes, Only really got stuck on the Bartender challenge and got bad luck with the flights and being unable to find the travel agency.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:05:38 PM by georgiapeach »
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline TudorQueen

• RFF Newbie
They bring such joy to everyone, and the depth of their friendship is evident throughout. I know there's a level at which they're spreading the 'Globetrotters' brand, but they aren't pushing it on anyone, and they're just so much fun to watch. I enjoy every minute they're on my tv.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
 :hiya , TudorQueen and  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
They bring such joy to everyone, and the depth of their friendship is evident throughout. I know there's a level at which they're spreading the 'Globetrotters' brand, but they aren't pushing it on anyone, and they're just so much fun to watch. I enjoy every minute they're on my tv.

Agreed.  I think we're in the minority here, but I really like them.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪

Agreed.  I think we're in the minority here, but I really like them.

I think there's more people that like them than we think, because I love them as well, and if for some mad reason CBS decide to bring them back a 4th time, even though initially I'll be like -  :groan:  :res:
I'll still end up rooting for them. :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Even John & Jess have had a top 3 placement  :funny: They are now the only team in the final seven to not get a top 3 finish this race.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I actually liked them this episode but oh well :(

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Probably because they are not one of the 3 intolerables that all helped each other.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:13:37 PM by Jimmer »