The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR24:Herbert/Flight Time Lang & Nate/Big Easy Lofton(TAR 15+18) "Globetrotters"

<< < (6/8) > >>

Alenaveda:
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1002356/

Elimination Interview: Flight Time and Big Easy
Posted on Apr 22, 2014 04:45pm

Flight Time and Big Easy answered your questions about their favorite Race location, their hardest leg and if they'd return to race again!

Kristie K: Do you think the other teams whine to much about having the U-turn used on them? It is part of the game, but some teams act like those using it cheated or did something wrong.
Big Easy: I think the U-turn is apart of the game....Everyone has a different opinion on how it should be used, we would not have used unless we thought it was us and one more team left.

Carolyn M: Thank you Flight Time and Big Easy for being such a class act...If you have the chance, would you like to return to a specific race location for an extended visit?
Big Easy: I would love to go back to Rome. It was breathtaking.

Marci E: Would you run the race a fourth time if asked? (Love you guys! Hated to see you leave)
Big Easy: We would run if you guys are not tired of seeing us run it and want us back. We would go for it.

Mel L: Globetrotters: What were your favorite and least favorite legs from this race and from all of your races? I'll miss seeing you guys in my living room each week! You guys were class all the way!!
Big Easy: Favorite from this Leg was the leg involving filling the taxis up with gas. Least favorite was the elimination leg.

Chris S: What do you miss most about your daily lives while on the Race?
Big Easy: I miss my family!

Kelli B: What's it like being SO tall in a different country where the people may be shorter than you?
Big Easy: I have been to over 75 countries now! It's fun being tall. People walk up and want to take pictures and are usually nice.

Jared D: Since you got a third chance of coming on the Race, who was your favorite team besides you that was in your seasons?
Big Easy: I don't have a favorite team. I really enjoyed running the race with every team.

Kathleen S: When did you find out what you did wrong in the building a donkey challenge? If you had figured it out, would the outcome have changed? PS you guys still ROCK!
Big Easy: We figured it out after we were eliminated. I don't know what would have happened different but we had fun regardless.

David:
Big Easy answering every single question :res:

SamualDude:

--- Quote from: David on April 23, 2014, 12:24:14 AM ---Big Easy answering every single question :res:

--- End quote ---

Flight Time must not of been available :P

Revived Flame:
I had a feeling they expected to be eliminated before they reached the mat. As threepeaters they must have known enough about the show that a NEL at this point was highly unlikely. They took it well and left with dignity.

Alenaveda:
FROM CALGARY HERALD:
http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2014/04/24/ruth-myles-it-aint-easy-being-big-easy-and-flight-time-too-on-the-amazing-race-all-stars/

Ruth Myles: It ain’t easy being Big Easy (and Flight Time, too) on The Amazing Race All-Stars
Posted by: Ruth Myles
April 24, 2014. 8:00 pm • Section: Entertainment

Their parents may have named them Herbert Lang and Nathaniel Lofton, but you likely know them as Flight Time and Big Easy. The fan favourites were eliminated on this week’s episode of The Amazing Race All-Stars after they fell behind the five other teams while driving to a Detour in the historic Italian town of Civita di Bagnoregio. The Globetrotters just couldn’t catch up and were last to the mat. I spoke with them separately: Flight Time in Hawaii, where he is on tour with The Harlem Globetrotters, and Big Easy at home in Miami.

Q: What was the highlight of the Race?
Big Easy: The highlight is being on the Race. It’s a pleasure. It was great to race a few legs with Luke and Margie. And it was good to meet Dave and Connor, who are cancer survivors. My dad was taken by that disease. It was good to see two guys who survived it and can show people that you can survive it.

Q: Your last episode could have been called The Amazingly Co-operative Race for all the help teams were giving each other. What do you think of it?
Big Easy: I think it’s great. That’s how we race. If we are in a pack together, and there are teams behind us, why not help each other to move on? It’s all about getting closer to the end. Why not, let’s help each other to get ahead of the back of the pack. It’s a good thing. That’s how we race, so we can’t complain. (And it worked for you the previous episode when The Afghanimals gave you two the answer on the Spanish Steps.) Exactly! There’s no way we can get upset about it if we just did it ourselves.
Flight Time: Our strategy has always been, from Season 18 to 24, is run with the pack. We feel if we are running with the pack, then we can beat the team that is behind us. In the situation last week, there was a pack and we were at the back of the pack. To be able to work together with a team knowing that there is a team behind you is a great strategy. We just wish we would have been in the pack, getting some of that help. If they had seen us at the first Detour, the strategy might have been a little different. They might have been less willing to help one another. There was no consequence in helping another team.

Q: How important is it for you to stay positive?
Big Easy: We are positive. It’s who we are. It’s not for show. You can change the frame, but the picture remains the same. It’s also because, whether we like it or not, we are role models. Little kids around the world watch us every Sunday and enjoy us. That’s most important to us. The million dollars would be great, but for one kid to lose their belief in Flight Time and Big Easy would be unbelievable.

Q: What kept you so positive and focused, Flight Time?
Flight Time: Big Easy and me played basketball together for many years. We haven’t been touring together since the second (time on the) Race, but we are used to being around each other all the time. It’s two guys hanging out, and neither one of us are guys who like to argue. And even if we do argue, in two minutes we’ll move on to the next situation. I think it’s also our current job situation, being part of a team that allows us to communicate well.

Q: We’ve heard from other teams how tough the competition is this year. Do you think the bar has been raised?
Big Easy: I don’t think the competition is any different than any other Race. The competition is you and your teammate. You are not racing against anyone. You are racing against what you can do. The only time a competition comes into play is when the U-Turn is involved. Other than that, the other team can’t do anything to make you not read the clue or make the taxi driver go the wrong way or make a person give you the wrong direction. That has nothing to do with the other teams.

Q: Big Easy, you’ve been voted the most fun member of the Globetrotters. That’s impressive.
Big Easy: I think that’s an honour. And that’s what my teammates see. That’s who I am. That’s what you see on the Race, that’s what you see if you walk by me at Target, that’s what when I’m working out or when I’m with my daughters (aged 14 and nine) and fiancée on the beach. (The girls) love watching the show. My oldest daughter sad she was sad when we lost Sunday. But I travel for a living and I’m not home, so they get a chance to see Daddy on the TV every Sunday. They’ve very excited by it. But they don’t like when daddy loses.

Q: Big Easy, I’m 5’4 and I get cramped when I fly. You’re 6’9 and 250 lb. How tough is the actual travel portion of the Race for you?
Big Easy: That is probably the biggest challenge for me on the Race: the airplanes and the taxis. People don’t understand how tough it is to be in a taxi for two hours going somewhere and then have to jump out and run to get where you’re going. But I’m an athlete and I can’t complain. My height has its advantages, too, so I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Q: What do you enjoy about travelling?
Flight Time: With my job, I just enjoy it. Especially meeting new people and I enjoy seeing how different cultures live around the world. When we perform, I like to see how people react to what we do.

Q: We really saw that love of performing on this edition of the Race. Can you ever turn that off?
Flight Time: It’s part of what we do as entertainers. We knew at the end of the day, that the reason The Amazing Race brought us back is because we are who we are. We are fun people. What you see on the camera, is the same thing that you get off the camera. That’s the way we are pretty much, I wouldn’t say 24 hours a day, but 20 hours a day. We have to sleep sometime! We try not to take things too seriously in life. You only live once. When we’re presented with an opportunity, you need to make the most of them.

Q: Did you really carry a basketball in your backpack the whole time or did production have one?
Flight Time: People are really amazed that we carried that basketball, but yeah, we actually do carry that basketball each and every time we do the Race. We have a deflated one, so it really doesn’t take up that much space. We have a deflated basketball and a little pump that inflates it within two minutes. It’s actually helped us get a little money now and then when we fell a little bit short. (laughs)

Q: What is the strength you bring to the relationship?
Flight Time: I like to think I’m pretty smart guy. That was not really evident with the donkey challenge last week, but I was a pretty good student in high school and college, made pretty good grades. I think I’m intelligent and Big Easy is intelligent, but he’s a lot more physical than I am. I would say that’s his strength.

Q: Seeing as you have been so many place with work and The Amazing Race, is there someplace still on your must-do list?
Flight Time: Not really. On Season 18 (in which they finished second), two of the places we wanted to go were Australia and Brazil. We ended up going to Australia on the first leg (and also went to Brazil). . . . I haven’t been back to Brazil yet, but definitely wish I could make it down for the World Cup or possibly the Olympics. We’ll see what happens. If I had won that million dollars maybe I could have made that trip to go down for the World Cup!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version