Author Topic: TAR 24: David O'Leary & Connor O'Leary (TAR 22) "Father/Son"  (Read 42473 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Re: TAR 24: David O'Leary & Connor O'Leary (TAR 22) "Father/Son"
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
I do agree that the CaroJen incident was nice and unexpected, but the way they complained about JJ beating them was so lol.... I mean I get cowboys could be bitter over their footrace lose OF FIRST PLACE, but seriously, what's the difference between 3rd and 4th?..

I think it's all edit that's making me dislike these two. I don't hate them, and I certainly didn't in TAR22, but I just find them (= their edit) so annoying. But it's the producers and editors that decide "hey, let's make them talk about their injuries (or cancer in TAR22) every episode"... But really they're just normal people, and, I believe, really nice in person.

For me they've become slightly villianous, the next episode could see a major change in them.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
I do agree that the CaroJen incident was nice and unexpected, but the way they complained about JJ beating them was so lol.... I mean I get cowboys could be bitter over their footrace lose OF FIRST PLACE, but seriously, what's the difference between 3rd and 4th?..

I think it's all edit that's making me dislike these two. I don't hate them, and I certainly didn't in TAR22, but I just find them (= their edit) so annoying. But it's the producers and editors that decide "hey, let's make them talk about their injuries (or cancer in TAR22) every episode"... But really they're just normal people, and, I believe, really nice in person.

For me they've become slightly villianous, the next episode could see a major change in them.

I think they kind of have too, but for good reason - Dave really has to push hard to keep up with these teams, especially in the tuk-tuk challenge. If you weren't loud and taking command, you were going to leave last. They do get a bad edit of course, for instance I'd rather learn more about Connor's biking experiences and what Dave has done with his life, how many siblings does Connor have, did either of them travel much beforehand...etc. instead of their injuries.

Dave definitely gets a little cocky though, Connor isn't as thrifty or even as athletic as a lot of the guys in the race, but I still would rather see them go deep instead of the Globes (Cowboys I still can't help but like, they're so goofy and they bring their A-game every time.)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:19 PM »
And so they've become the worst team this season. Even worse than the Cowboys which says something.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
And so they've become the worst team this season. Even worse than the Cowboys which says something.

They're now Vanessa & Ralph 2.0 with their Brenchel hate :res:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »

True but Vanessa & Ralph had some redeeming qualities  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

True but Vanessa & Ralph had some redeeming qualities  :funny:

True, Vanessa <3 :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »

While I'm also not exactly impressed with the way they handled the U-turn, I don't think their poor reaction qualifies them as the "worst" team of the season. Yes, it was overkill, but I feel like they made up for it by turning around and helping Caroline & Jennifer and Leo & Jamal (which also guaranteed the necessary elimination of the Globetrotters [thank goodness!]). Actions speak louder than words.

I also see nothing wrong with Dave & Connor forming an alliance against Brendon & Rachel (who are admittedly a tough team), as long as they don't let it ruin their relationship with Brendon & Rachel after the race.

However, at some point they should apologize to Brendon & Rachel for taking it so personally. The race is just a game, after all.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 06:24:25 PM »

While I'm also not exactly impressed with the way they handled the U-turn, I don't think their poor reaction qualifies them as the "worst" team of the season. Yes, it was overkill, but I feel like they made up for it by turning around and helping Caroline & Jennifer and Leo & Jamal (which also guaranteed the necessary elimination of the Globetrotters [thank goodness!]). Actions speak louder than words.

I also see nothing wrong with Dave & Connor forming an alliance against Brendon & Rachel (who are admittedly a tough team), as long as they don't let it ruin their relationship with Brendon & Rachel after the race.

However, at some point they should apologize to Brendon & Rachel for taking it so personally. The race is just a game, after all.

Their reaction to the U-Turn was on par with Carol & Brandy and that says something. So what if they helped another team? It doesn't excuse their actions in the slightest and the preview for next week just makes them look flat out childish. I'd say they have become the worst and most unbearable team this season. You know you've done something wrong when the casual fans are supporting Brenchel over Dave & Connor because of what happened. There is no reason for a 60 year old man to behave like that.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »

Their reaction to the U-Turn was on par with Carol & Brandy and that says something. So what if they helped another team? It doesn't excuse their actions in the slightest and the preview for next week just makes them look flat out childish. I'd say they have become the worst and most unbearable team this season. You know you've done something wrong when the casual fans are supporting Brenchel over Dave & Connor because of what happened. There is no reason for a 60 year old man to behave like that.

X

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »
They are unbearable in 1 episode (for you and people) and they become the worst and most unbearable for the season?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »
They are unbearable in 1 episode (for you and people) and they become the worst and most unbearable for the season?

Well it DOES happen. (Nicole & Travis perfectly comes to mind)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »

Well it DOES happen. (Nicole & Travis perfectly comes to mind)

It's happened before plenty of times. Jonathan & Victoria spring to mind, Art & JJ as well, Joey & Meghan also.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 11:06:37 PM »
Dave is the unbearable one because he whined a lot during the episode and he even mocked Rachel in the preview, which was extremely childish and rude. Connor is okay, I can handle watching him. :P

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 11:17:28 PM »
Dave is the unbearable one because he whined a lot during the episode and he even mocked Rachel in the preview, which was extremely childish and rude. Connor is okay, I can handle watching him. :P

Dave, whining ever since TAR22 tbh and crying in TAR22. At least now he's not crying every episode! :res:

Agree with Connor though. He's tolerable, although I wish he DID take the penalty and not have to suffer through more disgusting Dave Brenchel hate for the rest of this horrible season.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 09:24:13 AM »
Well, it's not like I loved them all season (all 2 seasons..?) and now suddenly after this one episode started hating them. It didn't go from love to hate, it certainly didn't. With their horrible edit that really just points out the annoying flaws in this team, I never liked them that much. I was actually glad they left in TAR22, though I was happy with them for the beginning of this race, at most 5 legs (probably because of the horrid non-likeable and non-rootable cast of this "All-Stars" :groan:). Then when they're personality came over the edge with this sort of bitching about others beating them attitude (JJ reference) and helping literally anyone on the race (and getting mad at Brenchel after not getting helped :res:), I really couldn't stand them anymore.

Just if you didn't get, I was trying to say that they were for a fact not liked too much before, if they could go to such hate so suddenly.

P.S. and sorry for bringing them up in this thread, but since somebody else did as well... Tracole also weren't the LOVED or FAN FAVOURITE team of the season. They were just... really liked. And I believe we didn't start hating them the first leg Travis started being nasty towards his partner (I won't be able to recall which leg this was particularly), we just rolled eyes at first. But then when it went on, we started screaming at the telly. And I really think a bigger amount of viewers were positive towards Tracole than they were to DC or at least they were MORE positive, so it's all explanable (with Dave & Connor). :hugs:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »
Well, it's not like I loved them all season (all 2 seasons..?) and now suddenly after this one episode started hating them. It didn't go from love to hate, it certainly didn't. With their horrible edit that really just points out the annoying flaws in this team, I never liked them that much. I was actually glad they left in TAR22, though I was happy with them for the beginning of this race, at most 5 legs (probably because of the horrid non-likeable and non-rootable cast of this "All-Stars" :groan:). Then when they're personality came over the edge with this sort of bitching about others beating them attitude (JJ reference) and helping literally anyone on the race (and getting mad at Brenchel after not getting helped :res:), I really couldn't stand them anymore.

Just if you didn't get, I was trying to say that they were for a fact not liked too much before, if they could go to such hate so suddenly.

P.S. and sorry for bringing them up in this thread, but since somebody else did as well... Tracole also weren't the LOVED or FAN FAVOURITE team of the season. They were just... really liked. And I believe we didn't start hating them the first leg Travis started being nasty towards his partner (I won't be able to recall which leg this was particularly), we just rolled eyes at first. But then when it went on, we started screaming at the telly. And I really think a bigger amount of viewers were positive towards Tracole than they were to DC or at least they were MORE positive, so it's all explanable (with Dave & Connor). :hugs:

People can hate them. We all have different taste, point of view... But telling that they are the worst team of the season is ridiculous. That's what I'm saying.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 06:44:35 AM »

People can hate them. We all have different taste, point of view... But telling that they are the worst team of the season is ridiculous. That's what I'm saying.
I agree. I despise the way they (particularly Dave) acted last episode, but they're still a decent team.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:56 PM »
I hope they don't win at all. There has only ever been 1 team that I hated as winners and that was Eric & Danielle and if these two win they would join them in that exclusive club.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »
These two are a DISGRACE to not only Parent/Child teams, but even Older aged teams. So so disgusted they won CARS for acting like two whiny bitches for a whole leg.  :res:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
In this thread:

People who love Brenchel: "OMG Dave and Connor are the worst </3"

People who don't like Brenchel: "Dave and Connor are awesome"

Almost seems like this is really becoming another thread about Brenchel than Dave & Connor. :duno:

That said... please win. Please.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »
In this thread:

People who love Brenchel: "OMG Dave and Connor are the worst </3"

People who don't like Brenchel: "Dave and Connor are awesome"

Almost seems like this is really becoming another thread about Brenchel than Dave & Connor. :duno:

That said... please win. Please.

I was never a big Brenchel fan, I don't love Brenchel but Dave & Connor's attitude the last two legs has NOT been befitting that of a 60 year old man and his son. It's disgraceful to see a 60 year old man behave like that and Connor should not be letting his father behave like that.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »
Never liked Dave and Connor. But actually really think Brenchel are so entertaining this season <3

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2014, 12:11:30 PM »
"They U-Turned a 60-year old man"

HELL YEAH, IF YOU ARE 60 (AND FINE) TO RUN THE RACE, YOU ARE ALSO OK TO SUCCESSFULLY GO WITH ANYTHING THAT GOES BY IN YOUR RACE. IF YOU ARE U-TURNED, YOU GO AND COMPLETE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DETOUR. IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING 60 AND BEING U-TURNED, JUST GO HOME AND PLAY DOMINO WITH YOUR WIFE. WE WOULD ALL BE BETTER OFF. kthx.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »
chill David. <3

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2014, 12:14:34 PM »
I just saw the episode and this really got on my nerves. Like REALLY. If you race, you accept the conditions of the Race, and the U-Turn is nothing more but an extra clue.