Author Topic: TAR 24: Cord McCoy & Jet McCoy (TAR 16+18) "Cowboys"  (Read 43028 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24: Cord McCoy & Jet McCoy (TAR 16+18) "Cowboys"
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »
TAR 16:

TAR 18:

TAR 24:

:res:

*insert Kandace's post about same pose*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 12:24:28 AM »
Worst team to cast as three-peaters imo. Producers were probably drunk or something lol

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
On last night's episode, they reminded me just how much I hate them. How "fans" call them "gentlemen" is an outrage. What WASN'T shown on the episode was a fan of their paroling them around and helping them everywhere. During the Canton Tower task, they were laughing at the teams who could not find the clue inside the bubbles, and that's where I simply got really mad. You don't act all "high and mighty" that you're "doing the Race on your own" where in fact, you received HELP. FROM SOMEONE. And you have the nerve to laugh at the teams who can't find the Race envelope. Seriously, the worst team ever out of the Three-peaters. At least Margie & Luke reminded me why I liked them on TAR 14 in the first place. The fact that they won Two Express Passes on a horrible luck-based leg is just the cherry on top of the horrible Jet & Cord tower that CBS places them on. "Most Beloved Team Ever" Puh-lease. :res:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
On last night's episode, they reminded me just how much I hate them. How "fans" call them "gentlemen" is an outrage. What WASN'T shown on the episode was a fan of their paroling them around and helping them everywhere. During the Canton Tower task, they were laughing at the teams who could not find the clue inside the bubbles, and that's where I simply got really mad. You don't act all "high and mighty" that you're "doing the Race on your own" where in fact, you received HELP. FROM SOMEONE. And you have the nerve to laugh at the teams who can't find the Race envelope. Seriously, the worst team ever out of the Three-peaters. At least Margie & Luke reminded me why I liked them on TAR 14 in the first place. The fact that they won Two Express Passes on a horrible luck-based leg is just the cherry on top of the horrible Jet & Cord tower that CBS places them on. "Most Beloved Team Ever" Puh-lease. :res:

Thoughts on who they would most likely give the express pass too? I'm expecting Mark/Mallory for the feel good "here, to make sure you stay in the game longer!" or Margie/Luke as one of the only teams they've raced alongside previously. Team that isn't getting it from them? Globetrotters, after edging them out for the top five in Unfinished. I'm expecting some ever so slight revenge tactics after that U-Turn.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »

Thoughts on who they would most likely give the express pass too? I'm expecting Mark/Mallory for the feel good "here, to make sure you stay in the game longer!" or Margie/Luke as one of the only teams they've raced alongside previously. Team that isn't getting it from them? Globetrotters, after edging them out for the top five in Unfinished. I'm expecting some ever so slight revenge tactics after that U-Turn.

Oh, I bet Caroline & Jennifer are totally doing their TAR 22 tactics again and it will work this time. <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 11:55:09 PM »
I'm only targeting my "haterade" towards Jet. I honestly like Cord. :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 01:52:39 AM »
Cord is meh and I dislike him because he enables Jet to race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »
Cord is as boring as he can get, but one should never hate a guy just because... he's nice and boring? #justsaying #lol

And the producers picked them... so, hate the producers. HAHAHA

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
Expecting this Cowboys page to garner around 7 pages of hate by the end of the season <3

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 05:55:09 AM »
All hat and (less) cattle.

Not to worry, he will soon have the money to replace them  :funny:

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
That is a terrible shame.  A  loss like that can be devastating.   If those were breeder cows, even more so.  This also points up a great problem in rural America-drug abuse. 

Being from a ranching, farming & agriculture rural background, we have whole-heartedly supported the Cowboys efforts on TAR editions

"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:47 PM »
Them being so UTR at the moment actually makes them tolerable :O

And even though I hated them saying they raced on their own in Leg 1, at least now they truly are and are running the amazing RACE not the amazing FRIENDS.

Still dislike them, but compared to their UB prescence, they are slightly better. I still wouldn't mind them being eliminated though :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »
The thing is.... You really expect those 3-peater teams to get a lot of air time... Like, the show should be focused on them if they were that good to be called back for--OMG, a THIRD time!! :o I mean if they're not interesting enough or not bold enough to be shown a lot, why were they called back in the first place? And so I find it really weird that neither of the 3-peaters, especially Globbes & Cowboys, who went considerably far, hat that much screentime... I think CaroJen had more screentime than any of them, and they're not really considered to be that overly dramatic or anything, not really interesting by some.
And anyway it all just points out to another downfall by CBS - like, what is even happening? I really don't understand.. :/ I mean I really like this (what I just discussed), because I totally agree that cowboys are the most tolerable they've ever been this race, Margie & Luke, too, I'd say. And Globbes were too invisible, but I really have nothing to complain about them.

But someone please explain me, how come can CBS bring back these teams for their third times (that would mean producers love showing those teams on TV, right?..), but then they don't really show them as if they were some uninteresting casting-mistake underdogs that accidentally make it far, further than expected?..

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »
The thing is.... You really expect those 3-peater teams to get a lot of air time... Like, the show should be focused on them if they were that good to be called back for--OMG, a THIRD time!! :o I mean if they're not interesting enough or not bold enough to be shown a lot, why were they called back in the first place? And so I find it really weird that neither of the 3-peaters, especially Globbes & Cowboys, who went considerably far, hat that much screentime... I think CaroJen had more screentime than any of them, and they're not really considered to be that overly dramatic or anything, not really interesting by some.
And anyway it all just points out to another downfall by CBS - like, what is even happening? I really don't understand.. :/ I mean I really like this (what I just discussed), because I totally agree that cowboys are the most tolerable they've ever been this race, Margie & Luke, too, I'd say. And Globbes were too invisible, but I really have nothing to complain about them.

But someone please explain me, how come can CBS bring back these teams for their third times (that would mean producers love showing those teams on TV, right?..), but then they don't really show them as if they were some uninteresting casting-mistake underdogs that accidentally make it far, further than expected?..

It's a good point, but goes to show that the 3-peaters are definitely a litmus test for CBS. We may not see it happen again in future All-Star races, since there was likely just as much backlash at seeing these teams back a third time as there was backlash for not including 3 very deserving 2nd time teams. If history repeats and we see another Unfinished Business or a more "themed" return of teams, no one will be back for a third time (but my guess is...another 4 regular seasons before that?)

All this said, we can't deny Cowboys are overall a likable team by fans - they just win too often, which annoys anyone who is more than a casual fan of the show. I won't mind them making Final 3 as "the team to beat" (and hope someone does), but I also won't mind if they're the next to go.

...On a real life note, why have they not opened their own rodeo yet, haha, major attraction for the Midwest tv fan.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Revived Flame

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »
I thought they were okay lately but the edit they received last episode suggests they're not long for the race.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 08:23:13 AM »
Either them or Brenchel must win.
Cowboys always get positive edits and so does Brenchel this season, which is really shocking considering how negatively portrayed they were in TAR20 :o So I guess CBS is just trying to make us like the eventual winners. And if the cowboys are gone next week, then really Brenchel must win :luvya:

Anyway, perhaps it's that I find the other 3 teams annoying & irritating, but I kinda like the cowboys this time around. They've had some moments I didn't necessarily like, but so did every single other team. I just don't have anything majorly negative to say about them :hugs:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 03:09:25 PM »
It is ridiculous to call them the "winners" from either of their prior seasons when they did not win. And they made final three only one of those two times.

They aren't the only wildly popular team among a broad spectrum of fans, but TPTB got half of Kentucky back this time, and didn't get Jaymes and James, who by all rights should have been on this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »
Their boot at least wasn't shown like TAR18 with a cheesy montage of the previous legs :lol:

I guess this means we will never ever EVER see these two again <3

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 08:32:55 AM »
I'm disappointed that they're out being in the minority of people here who like them.  I'm not surprised because they really didn't run a good leg, but I'm still disappointed.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:35 AM »
So sorry to see them go.  But gracious in defeat.  For those who dislike them, just remember who put that steak on your table or that leather in your shoes.   
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:12 AM »
So sorry to see them go.  But gracious in defeat.  For those who dislike them, just remember who put that steak on your table or that leather in your shoes.

A) Organic farms around Australia :)
B) ngl probably some untouchables from India.

You can't just say ERMAHGERD THEY *MAKE STUFF* WE HAVE TO BE GRATEFUL AND *ADORE THEM* EVEN THO THEY ARE ACTUALLY NOT GOOD HUMAN BEINGS? Rather a bad argument.

Though they were bearable this season so gj I guess?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »
Airlines being airlines <3

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2014, 03:08:36 PM »
To be honest, I have no problem with them, at all, they are really good racers, and for what it looks like, really nice people. BUT, this was their third time, and that is a problem... interesting enough is that probably out of all the third timers, they and Margie&Luke are the only one who fit in the "All-Star" category...

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:06 AM »
To be honest, I have no problem with them, at all, they are really good racers, and for what it looks like, really nice people. BUT, this was their third time, and that is a problem... interesting enough is that probably out of all the third timers, they and Margie&Luke are the only one who fit in the "All-Star" category...

Agreed! I like them as a team overall, but it was boring having them back a third time for the most part. But Globes and Cowboys both had a runner-up finish under their belts (Globes in Unfinished Business) and Margie/Luke's best was 3rd place. All certainly all-star worthy, but as I've said in other threads, I doubt we'll be seeing three-peat teams in the future, while core fans like having them back, and overall it wasn't unpleasant, there are just so many deserving 2nd-timers that fans wanted to see.
SNEAKY SNEAKY