Author Topic: TAR 24: Jennifer Wayne & Caroline Cutbirth (TAR 22) "Country Singers"  (Read 90775 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
There were so many occurrences that would have eliminated the Country Singers last leg but their cool and calmness at the Detour pushed them to reach the U-TURN fourth. Plus, Jet and Cord blew their chances for not getting onto the first flight, how come no one is commenting on their inability to self-drive to the airport and causing their own demise? The girls didn't even have a chance to get onto the first flight and had to fight a Speedbump plus be handicapped at the other Detour which is clearly brutal and more physically demanding.

No doubt they landed on a NEL TWICE, but they are not the only team on the history of TAR to get this lucky. How come I don't hear anyone complaining about BJ and Tyler's luck too?

Oh I forgot, the recent TAR fans don't watch the earlier seasons... yawn.

MrDeerShank

And Mopper lol

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Let's not forget they not only survive a SpeedBump on Leg 7... They manage to outrun everyone else and get a 2nd place.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
yea -_- but I guess Mopper got eliminated so there wasn't a case.. but BJ and Tyler won and not everyone is saying they don't deserve it? -_-

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Let's not forget they not only survive a SpeedBump on Leg 7... They manage to outrun everyone else and get a 2nd place.

I gotta say they got really lucky with cabs. But as with Brenchel and Dave and Connor as well?

Offline purefluff

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Purefluff
They go down in MY book as a great woman team. Casuals be damned.  :gva:

Yep, screw the casuals and the abusive Brenchel Fantards.  Caroline and Jen are way more intelligent and sophisticated than these Brenchel rubes can fathom.  It takes a lot more work to stay alive as the least physical team and they have worked it from the beginning.  They deserve way more credit than they have been given.  Go Country!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1

I gotta say they got really lucky with cabs. But as with Brenchel and Dave and Connor as well?

Even if I don't like it... Taxi Luck it's been a HUGE factor in every season... pretty much every season has at least 1 team getting eliminated because of this... also... I don't think that was bad taxi luck from the other teams, but their inability to comunicate where they were going...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Yea.. I agree and it seems like Caroline and Jennifer worked out the Roadblock clue before Dave and Connor did as well that leg (and Connor arrived before them...).

I don't get the Speedbump hate too. The country singers needed to collect hams (1min), walk slowly to the bar (400m) with 6 heavy hams based on their physical ability (5mins by normal walking, so they most likely took maybe about 10mins?), figure out and ask for directions (2mins), walk/run back (3-5mins). It slowed them down by at least 15 to 20 mins, so.. what is so unfair about this Speedbump? A typical Yield in the past would have been 15mins too.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
The speedbump wasn't really unfair, it was boring and uninspired.
Is not on their fault, is on the leg designers fault.
And they did the same with the previous speedbump, so that just adds to the problem.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
For all we know, we don't know how long Brenchel's Speedbump took as well...

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster

Yep, screw the casuals and the abusive Brenchel Fantards.  Caroline and Jen are way more intelligent and sophisticated than these Brenchel rubes can fathom.  It takes a lot more work to stay alive as the least physical team and they have worked it from the beginning.  They deserve way more credit than they have been given.  Go Country!
That is false. BRENCHEL FOREVERRRR

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
 :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This is Caro's and Jen's thread.....   :girly :girly
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
i don't understand why so many people hate CaroJen
they are playing very smart in this season , by begging for the Express Pass as well as forming the alliance :funny:
flirting with their attractive appearance is just a smart way for them to seek help from the others :luvya:

some people keep saying that they would be eliminated this week if the cowboys are not u-turned as these two are not able to run fast )-**
in my opinion , cowboys would still have a higher chance to be eliminated as they were last at the W-turn
The elimination of cowboys isn't the fault of Caroline and Jen  :'(
those arguments are so mean and unfair to these two pretty women :'(

I hope they will win eventually :yess:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
I have thoroughly enjoyed these women on both of their seasons. They have enjoyed the race, rarely complained, been good to the locals, and DONE EVERY SINGLE TASK THE MEN HAVE DONE. As a viewer, I have loved that they were enjoying the race so much, and that they are clearly dear friends. They have been unfailingly kind and supportive of each other. And so what if they have charmed others into helping them? That is a GREAT strategy!!

Yeh i agree with Peach. I also enjoy watching CaroJen a lot, they are always cheerful and supportive to each other. Obviously they are a weak team, however I think they really play smart in this Race, the most obvious one is asking for express pass in Leg 2, and also forming an alliance. I don't think they intend to do this, but they really know what to do when the right moment comes which can benefit them, I would say that their mental ability to run this race compensates for their physical weakness.

Also, they could do well in some non-physical tasks such as shuttlecock in Leg 2, Sewing shirt in Leg 5 and Calligraphy in Leg 8, it shows that they could excel in some areas. I don't think they have high chance to win, but there's still a possibility, it all rests on what kind of task it is, if it's a mental task they may have an advantage.

In fact, I am really amazed that they beat the cowboys at U-turn mat last leg, it's really a shock to me as they had to do Speedbump and still could reach U-turn earlier, so that means even without cowboys being U-turned CaroJen would still get fourth, they win in fair and square.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I'm actually upset that they didn't get a win on this leg. They raced hard and were very consistent throughout the leg with only one navigation issue which unfortunately cost them first place.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They were robbed of two first places this season :(

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
They were robbed of two first places this season :(

By the same team gah!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
(I really wanted CaroJen to win a leg), but don't think they were robbed in anyway.

But it's just that it's Dave and Connor who won. Our cancer heroes <3 (small the sarcasm)

In any case, I am VERY HAPPY these girls made the finale. Whether or not they got through the end by luck, by people's help, by people underestimating them... WHO CARES? They made it to the end. NaNa can suck it up and call them names, but they did beat their asses fair and square on Leg 1. :funny:

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
I was really impressed with them last night.  I've liked them from the beginning, but will admit I didn't think they had much of a chance.  If only they had turned the other way, they would have had that win.  Oh well, fingers, eyes & toes crossed that they come in first on the final leg when it really counts.

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
I don't understand why you people like the Country Girls so much,but most of you hate Josh & Brent,who are just as weak and pathetic as them...It's just because they are girls?

Anyways,congratulations to them for taking Dandrew's spot as THE WORST TEAM EVER to get to the Final 3. But,I have to admit that they deserved to be in the Final 3 ONLY for yesterday's 11th Leg. They did everything almost perfectly. They did the leg so perfectly that it seemed that was not the same team.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I love both Josh and Brent and the girls, JSYN that not everyone hates the farmers. <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
For TAR 21, after Abbie and Ryan were eliminated, Josh & Brett was the team I rooted for the win.

Anyway, love that the girls made it to the final. Even they got help many times and saved by 2 NELs, they did had some good legs. Leg 2 they did a good strategy move and did so well in the Detour. Leg 5 in Sri Lanka, they did great. Leg 6, even they're in the last place, they did a very good leg with no big mistake (just a bit slow compared to the other teams). Leg 7 in Roma, they also did a good job even with a speed bump. And last leg they did nearly perfect except some last minutes before the Pit Stop.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
This is Caro's and Jen's thread.....   :girly :girly

and we don't call fans of other racers names.....

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
GGF were alright as competitors but I didn't find them very interesting, the main problem is they won and robbed three other infinitely better/more entertaining teams in the process, without even having a conventional winners edit. Because Carojen either won't win or will win by only robbing one team of victory I'm inclined to support them more.