Author Topic: TAR 24: Brendon Villegas & Rachel Reilly (TAR 20) "Newlyweds"  (Read 57812 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 24: Brendon Villegas & Rachel Reilly (TAR 20) "Newlyweds"
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »
Uh oh. If they U-turn Dave & Connor next leg my liking for them may completely go out the window. :ascared
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 07:14:58 AM »
Uh oh. If they U-turn Dave & Connor next leg my liking for them may completely go out the window. :ascared
Jeez, what? U-Turns are part of the game and just because someone U-Turns your likable team by being strategic and playing the game, it doesn't mean you should hate them :res:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »
By the look of the promos, it does not look strategic, it looks like it would be  a personal U-Turn though, if they U-Turn Dave & Connor

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:31 AM »
By the look of the promos, it does not look strategic, it looks like it would be  a personal U-Turn though, if they U-Turn Dave & Connor

Yeah, wouldn't be very smart to use it on them instead of Jet/Cord (unless the cowboys are way out in front..always a possibility.)
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »
If Brenchel were pedantic about figuring out the perfect person to U-Turn, Dave & Connor have a slightly better average than the Cowboys.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »
If Brenchel were pedantic about figuring out the perfect person to U-Turn, Dave & Connor have a slightly better average than the Cowboys.

AND the Cowboys are obviously using the Express Pass next leg. :P

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »

AND the Cowboys are obviously using the Express Pass next leg. :P

Valid, forgot about that. Dang cowboys! Also definitely had to google pedantic, good word Air.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
Jeez, what? U-Turns are part of the game and just because someone U-Turns your likable team by being strategic and playing the game, it doesn't mean you should hate them :res:

Good point. If it's a strategic move then it's nothing to be upset about.

I'm just worried it might knock Dave & Connor out of the race. If that happens, it will be hard not to be a little more upset because they're basically the only team I'm rooting for (or even watching for) at this point.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2014, 08:19:08 PM »
Brenchel winning the leg and defeating a team with an Express Pass <3

It could be just linear leg design though so :P

Still, happy for them and I hope they win the Race!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2014, 08:25:43 AM »
Randomly jumping to 2nd place <3333333333333

The haters can say what they want, THIS Brendon & Rachel are true All Stars <3

I hope they overcome another potential Rachel meltdown like Leg 3 and win the Race <3

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
Looks like the Rachel that I've come to know and despise is back.  I had softened to her a little when they were doing that bar task with Margie & Luke.  She was so calm and so mature that she was almost likable.  Last night she reminded me why I don't care for her.  Good grief sweetheart if you want to play with the big boys; then, you have to expect to be treated like the big boys.  If she didn't want to get knocked on her butt; then, they should have chosen the dance task.  Oh and as far as the "bullying" thing, if she was doing a play on words (because they were getting hit by "bulls") that's one thing.  If she seriously thought she was being "bullied"; then, she's out of her freaking mind and needs to spend a little time with real victims of bullying.  Heck, I'd even give her a pass if she made the argument that Dave & Connor, Leo & Jamal, and Caroline & Jennifer were bullying her since that's a possibility depending based on what we've been shown.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »
Looks like the Rachel that I've come to know and despise is back.  I had softened to her a little when they were doing that bar task with Margie & Luke.  She was so calm and so mature that she was almost likable.  Last night she reminded me why I don't care for her.  Good grief sweetheart if you want to play with the big boys; then, you have to expect to be treated like the big boys.  If she didn't want to get knocked on her butt; then, they should have chosen the dance task.  Oh and as far as the "bullying" thing, if she was doing a play on words (because they were getting hit by "bulls") that's one thing.  If she seriously thought she was being "bullied"; then, she's out of her freaking mind and needs to spend a little time with real victims of bullying.  Heck, I'd even give her a pass if she made the argument that Dave & Connor, Leo & Jamal, and Caroline & Jennifer were bullying her since that's a possibility depending based on what we've been shown.

I'm pretty sure she was only joking or playing with the word "bullying" because bulls rammed her :P

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
On the way she was racing the whole season, we should allow her to have at least one old "drama queen" moment.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 10:46:47 AM »
I'll take drama Rachel over "CANCER. ACHILLES INJURY. 60 YEARS OLD" any day. Thanks.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »

Edit: comment on the topic please, NOT each other.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:11:57 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2014, 12:12:56 PM »

Wow, I get a "what about Rachel" type comment to my post about Dave's whining and an "anti-Dave" comment to my post about Rachel's whining.   :funny: 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:13:32 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
Best team ever to run the race twice. Able to complete it twice, and make it to the finish line, completing everything they came across.

Lots of love, babez. <3

PS: If only you had not one, but TWO million dollars in your bank account... I'd have been way happier.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »
They are the TRUE racers with integrity, fun, drama, and excitement. Brenchel forever <3

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2014, 09:07:09 PM »
Let's use revisionist history for good and pretend that they won

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2014, 09:21:56 PM »
I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan coming into this season but I gave them another chance and I loved them this season. A great performance!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2014, 11:11:54 PM »
Trying to steal CaroJen's cab. I'm so glad that the driver didn't buy it.  :funny:

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »
Just as Dave and Connor's backstory is annoying to some, so is Rachel's obsession with winning a million dollars to have a baby.   Babies can be had without a million dollars, every day.  Didn't she want to win the last time so they could get married?  And didn't she basically got it paid for by reality tv.  Well, now she can go to Plan B and join Michelle Duggar and whelp her kids on tv.    :lala  But have the good taste :o to not subject us to that.  Besides whatever happened to her winnings from Big Brother-has she blown through that money already?
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2014, 09:43:31 AM »
Just as Dave and Connor's backstory is annoying to some, so is Rachel's obsession with winning a million dollars to have a baby.   Babies can be had without a million dollars, every day.  Didn't she want to win the last time so they could get married?  And didn't she basically got it paid for by reality tv.  Well, now she can go to Plan B and join Michelle Duggar and whelp her kids on tv.    :lala  But have the good taste :o to not subject us to that.  Besides whatever happened to her winnings from Big Brother-has she blown through that money already?

OMG!!! I said pretty much the exact same thing over on the TAR 24 Leg 12 Finale thread!  :hearts:   :<3
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »
Rachel at least brings entertainment. Dave & Connor went from being boring old people on TAR22 to being old boring whiny people on TAR24. Rachel may be many things to many people, but at least she wasn't a bully who consistently put down others in front of the other teams and whined.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2014, 04:12:55 PM »
Entertainment????Brenchel???  Entertainment, I guess, is in the eye of the beholder.  They have had their 15 minutes of fame and then some.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde