Author Topic: TAR 24: Brendon Villegas & Rachel Reilly (TAR 20) "Newlyweds"  (Read 57828 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24: Brendon Villegas & Rachel Reilly (TAR 20) "Newlyweds"
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
Entertainment????Brenchel???  Entertainment, I guess, is in the eye of the beholder.  They have had their 15 minutes of fame and then some.

lol at this comment if you think boring cancer was more entertaining then Brenchel.  :res:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »
http://www.wetpaint.com/big-brother/articles/2014-05-19-rachel-reilly-brendon-villegas-brenchel-baby-exclusive

No wonder they were so angry at their taxi! :o

Just reading the stuff about the Country and Cancer, Wow they are pissed off.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »
Entertainment????Brenchel???  Entertainment, I guess, is in the eye of the beholder.  They have had their 15 minutes of fame and then some.

I'm surprised and disappointed to see so many jumping on a bandwagon to support this team. Brendon & Rachel lost all my respect when they said they wanted to win so they could have a baby. Don't they already have enough money to have a baby? Haven't they participated in enough reality tv shows that they could afford it? I'm sorry, but to me it's just too obvious to me that they only wanted to win for the money and fame. And that makes me sick.

I completely agree with you, Ticasmom. If watching a team of two ordinary people win TAR has become less satisfying to everyone here than watching a team of 3-peat (or more) re-cast reality tv semi-celebs win TAR, than the TAR of the good old days is truly dead. I don't watch TAR to see semi-celebs (no matter how "entertaining" they may be [and "entertainment" is a completely subjective concept anyway]) run around the world creating pointless drama, only to win a million dollars for their third (or more) time in a row. I watch TAR because I want to see teams of two ordinary people be placed in extraordinary situations and eventually come out victorious, all while strengthening their relationship along the way.

The most memorable and significant moments from TAR come from times when such things actually happened. Think of Uchenna & Joyce's unlikely comeback in Season 7. Think of Lyn & Karlyn making it all the way to 3rd place in Season 10. Think of when Flo & Zach (two very ordinary people you could meet at the grocery store) won. Think of the (possibly) even more unlikely 2nd place finish of Teri & Ian. Think of all the teams whose relationships were strengthened by the Race (too numerous to mention, but sadly mostly from the earliest seasons).

The money (or even the "entertainment") are not the most important thing. The most important thing about The Amazing Race is the relationships strengthened, the memories experienced, and the lessons learned.

Brendon & Rachel seem to embody the exact opposite of all of that. And that is why I am glad they didn't win.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »
At least they don't whine over being U-Turned and use age as an excuse!!!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
Edit. Comment on the topic, not each other please.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:55:57 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2014, 09:48:07 PM »

Agreed with Racer, I became a fan of Brendon & Rachel because of their improved strategy, racing ability and attitude overall. Yeah Rachel whined a few times but nowhere near what she did in Season 20.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »

Agreed with Racer, I became a fan of Brendon & Rachel because of their improved strategy, racing ability and attitude overall. Yeah Rachel whined a few times but nowhere near what she did in Season 20.

EXACTLY. Rachel truly matured since the last race, my family hated watching her on TAR20 but loved her on TAR24 :lol:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2014, 05:01:34 AM »
Rachel's fans complain about Dave's age card all the time but they don't see that she uses baby-born card every minutue she opens her mouth.

And what she did in the final episode totally lost all my respect. Trying to steal taxi, talking trash about the other teams in and after the race. That's rude behaviour and I'm happy that they left the race with nothing.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2014, 05:06:29 AM »
Rachel's fans complain about Dave's age card all the time but they don't see that she uses baby-born card every minutue she opens her mouth.

And what she did in the final episode totally lost all my respect. Trying to steal taxi, talking trash about the other teams in and after the race. That's rude behaviour and I'm happy that they left the race with nothing.

I don't recall her talking trash during the race? All I can say was the "Accidental Alliance" started it first. Even the other teams (Like Team YouTube and Twinnies) supported Brenchel after the Accidental Alliance episode aired.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2014, 07:24:48 AM »
O my, O my, do we all have selective memory.  Trash talking-the customs incident, hole digging, see the bonus clips.  None of the teams were immune from this.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2014, 07:43:18 AM »
O my, O my, do we all have selective memory.  Trash talking-the customs incident, hole digging, see the bonus clips.  None of the teams were immune from this.

How about your adored Cowturds who trash-talked Afghans after their U-Turn? :res:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2014, 07:47:17 AM »

Brenchel trash talked teams that disliked them and were also trash talking them? What terrible people they must be.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2014, 08:08:31 AM »
Every team trashed-talked some team at one point or another.  No one, not even the "saintly" Brenchels were immune to this.   
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2014, 08:10:28 AM »
Every team trashed-talked some team at one point or another.  No one, not even the "saintly" Brenchels were immune to this.

How about Mark & Mallory? Natalie & Nadiya? Jessica & John? Flight Time & Big Easy?

As far as I know, these teams never trash talked others on TAR24.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2014, 08:14:01 AM »

Yes...? Your point being?

I am only saying that Dave did literally nothing except whine during the majority of the race, whereas Brenchel *did things*. The U-Turn is obviously a highlighted example because Cancer got mad at Brenchel...for doing something that was a part of the game?!?. They then decided to create an alliance with everyone against them...because they used a hindrance device? Because Dave was a sixty year old man? That's rather ****ty, Brenchel did nothing wrong and got hate, not just 'oh I don't like you so plz like get yourself eliminated kthxbye :) ' hate but 'THE BRENCHELS ARE TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS, I MUST GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TERMINATE THEM AND THEIR EXISTENCE[/robot]' hate. Which one is worse do you reckon?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2014, 08:54:22 AM »
removed. Comment on the topic please, not each other.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:18:29 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »
AIR <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2014, 09:35:57 AM »
This is a thread to discuss Brendon and Rachel, not other teams. If you have issues from  what happened on the show, take it to the show discussion thread.

And we RESPECT each other's opinions here. We do NOT make personal attacks on other posters' opinions EVER. You can discuss the SHOW/the RACERS but NOT each other's opinions.

Knock it off.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »
http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/Amazing-Race-s-Brendon-and-Rachel-We-Don-t-5495334.php#page-1

Did you expect Dave and Connor to be so angry about the U-Turn?
Rachel: Oh, my gosh! We were shocked how much they complained about it. And not only did they complain about it that one leg, but they did the rest of the race, and they had a personal vendetta against us that they told Caroline and Jen to join in on. We told them that day, "We're U-Turning you because you're literally right behind us and we want to win the leg." And on Season 19, when Cindy and Ernie didn't U-Turn the snowboarders, they didn't come in first that leg. It's a race and we want to win. And [you should] just deal with it. The U-Turn is part of the race.

Did you get along before that?
Rachel: I think we did. But again, it's a race. Brendon and I came to win and we're very competitive. I don't know if we got along with them that much.
Brendon: Well, a lot of these teams are very good at putting on shows. They go on the race and they race as the person they think you want to watch. For Rachel and I, we race with our hearts on our sleeves. We're emotional. You see that. You saw it [on the finale]. I do think we matured a lot on this one. But we're out there to win it; we don't hide that. We are who we are. Other teams try to come off as really nice, really sweet all-around people, and all of the sudden, if something doesn't go their way, you see their true personalities come out. I think we got to experience that a little this time around. For Rachel and I, we've had our moments where we've wanted to kill people on Big Brother, especially, but we were able to set that aside and after the show say, "Hey, it's nothing personal." And it's all good. We were expecting that to happen here. I honestly expected them to reach out afterward and for Dave to apologize to Rachel, not necessarily to both of us, but to her. He never did that.

This is my favourite part of the interview <3

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1002543/

Elimination Interview: Rachel & Brendon

Posted on May 21, 2014 11:25am

The Amazing Race: All-Star, Rachel Reilly, answers fan questions about her time on the Race with husband and partner, Brendon Villegas.

Lester B.:  How does it feel being the only team to step on the Finish Line twice?
Rachel:
Hi Lester! It's really cool to be the only team twice to cross the finish line! It feels really crazy to say we've never been eliminated! Hehe but we always come to bring it and we never give up!

Charlotte B.: Do you think your tendency to rush through reading the clues and into/out of the venues cost you the race again?
Rachel:
Hi Charlotte! We didn't really have any issues with the clues in the final leg- our biggest issue was at the Mirage but that was because we had a horrible cab driver.

Jared B.: What do you plan to do now?
Rachel:
Jared- heeeey :) I am hosting a talk show on bitesizeTV and I am working on my TV stuff - Brendon is working in his pHD and were going to start trying for a baby! Yay!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »
FROM TWITLONGER.COM:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1t3kg

Amazing Race All-Stars' Brendon and Rachel: We don't regret u-turning Dave and Connor ------

Kristin · @tvinsiderscoop - 26th May 2014 from TwitLonger

Brendon and Rachel came up short on The Amazing Race All-Stars finale, coming in third again thanks to a bad cab driver. Not only that, but they had to watch their nemeses/U-Turn targets Dave and Connor win. "They earned that, but it was tough because we were so close and we couldn't race the leg we wanted to race," Rachel reveals. "We were out of it once we got into that cab, but the episode was still exciting to watch. It was cool to see how close it was between [Dave and Connor, and Caroline and Jennifer]." But how far behind were they? Find out below, and get the Big Brother duo's take on the U-Turn drama, their baby plans and more.

Did you guys know that you're the first team to complete the full Race course twice? So you have that consolation prize.
Rachel: Yeah, I heard that. Isn't that cool? The first team to cross the finish line twice! We've never been eliminated from a reality show! [Laughs] It could've gone better. Stupid cab drivers!

Do you know how far behind you were?
Brendon
: We weren't that far behind. Probably minutes. We knew we were third. When we got to the helicopter and read the clue and saw what the challenge was, we knew at that point. It was really hard to mess that up.

Were you hoping for an extra task after the landing instead of a run to the finish?
Rachel:
Yeah! That was crazy! I was like, "Oh, my God! Las Vegas Motor Speedway. We might have to race around the track." We thought it would be something super-crazy, but it was just land and run, so whoever got in the helicopter first was going to win. But it was really cool watching Brendon come down. I don't think you could see it that much on TV, but they were wearing futuristic suits, so you could see them in the air. They had all these cool dots that lit up.

Do you think you overthought the leg because you're from Vegas? You ended up running inside the Mirage.
Brendon:
Yeah. We got dropped off at a different area. I think the big part was the frustration. We already knew we were behind.
Rachel: I think because our cab was so bad and we knew we were third, we were so flustered. The clue said to go to the employee entrance, but our cab driver didn't drop us off at the employee entrance. We were dropped off on the other side of the Mirage, so we had to run and find that entrance.

How much time did you waste searching in the Mirage?
Brendon:
It was like three minutes. We were running, so we ran through. Finally, we went outside.
Rachel: When we got there, Dave and Connor, and Jen and Caroline were still getting changed to go up.

They accused you of playing dirty and then you tried to steal Caroline and Jen's cab.
Rachel:
Yeah, but oh my God! Our cab driver was the worst cab driver ever. Seriously, we were telling her to turn right and she couldn't read her GPS. We knew exactly where we were going and the sign on the freeway even said to go right, and I'm not even kidding you, she stopped in the middle of the freeway on one of those meridian things in the center and was pulling into it. We thought she was going to go off the highway.
Brendon: It was into the divider. She stopped in the middle of the freeway in the triangle area in front of the divider. She still couldn't figure it out. It felt like this could not be real. It was bad. She literally had a GPS and did not know how to use it.
Rachel: They need to take away her cab license. ... When we got to the Neon Graveyard, we thought A) it would be the smartest thing to do to give Caroline and Jen a horrible cab driver and B) there was no other taxi. It was late at night, so it was tough. We wanted to switch, but there were no cabs and we were so far off the strip. If the cab driver would've switched cabs with us, it would've been amazing. Their cab driver was so good. We would've been right in it. And it's not like we forced him to take us. It's ultimately up to the cab driver if they want to take us or not, and he didn't.

Did you expect Dave and Connor to be so angry about the U-Turn?
Rachel:
Oh, my gosh! We were shocked how much they complained about it. And not only did they complain about it that one leg, but they did the rest of the race, and they had a personal vendetta against us that they told Caroline and Jen to join in on. We told them that day, "We're U-Turning you because you're literally right behind us and we want to win the leg." And on Season 19, when Cindy and Ernie didn't U-Turn the snowboarders, they didn't come in first that leg. It's a race and we want to win. And [you should] just deal with it. The U-Turn is part of the race.

Did you get along before that?
Rachel:
I think we did. But again, it's a race. Brendon and I came to win and we're very competitive. I don't know if we got along with them that much.
Brendon: Well, a lot of these teams are very good at putting on shows. They go on the race and they race as the person they think you want to watch. For Rachel and I, we race with our hearts on our sleeves. We're emotional. You see that. You saw it [on the finale]. I do think we matured a lot on this one. But we're out there to win it; we don't hide that. We are who we are. Other teams try to come off as really nice, really sweet all-around people, and all of the sudden, if something doesn't go their way, you see their true personalities come out. I think we got to experience that a little this time around. For Rachel and I, we've had our moments where we've wanted to kill people on Big Brother, especially, but we were able to set that aside and after the show say, "Hey, it's nothing personal." And it's all good. We were expecting that to happen here. I honestly expected them to reach out afterward and for Dave to apologize to Rachel, not necessarily to both of us, but to her. He never did that.

You're obviously used to people ganging up on you, but do you regret U-Turning them because they weren't eliminated and it gave way to the Accidental Alliance. Before that, it didn't seem like anyone was specifically targeting you.
Rachel:
I don't think we regret it, but honestly, it's a race. Brendon and I came to compete and if people hate us because we're playing the game, so be it. We're here to play the game and race how The Amazing Race should be raced. We don't really care that they hate us, but it did make it harder because of course, it's easier to have teams who want to form alliances with you. But when it comes down to it, Amazing Race isn't about having alliances with teams, so it's silly when they have them.
Brendon: But the Accidental Alliance did work well this season. They carried themselves for two legs.

In a way, you U-Turned the right team since they wound up winning.
Rachel:
Yeah. We U-Turned them and made a good decision. It doesn't matter that they weren't eliminated. Not every team who is U-Turned is eliminated. Not only were they a strong team, but they also were right behind us and they were right behind us in every leg. Dave and Connor were never in the back of the race. We were making a strategic decision and it turned out well in our favor.
Brendon: It's funny because everybody made a big deal about it when [the episode aired] and when you see us make us make it past the next U-Turn, I never heard anyone say that it was a bad decision. We knew it was risky.

You had to have been scared as hell about getting U-Turned then.
Rachel:
We were totally, 100 percent expecting to be U-Turned. We were so worried because we couldn't U-Turn anyone, so if the Afghanimals didn't decide to U-Turn the cowboys instead, who knows. The way that leg unfolded was crazy.

Where are your baby plans now since you didn't win the $1 million?
Rachel: [Laughs]
We're definitely trying. Brendon's graduating in about a year, a year in a half. Winning the $1 million would've been nice because that would definitely help us afford a house and diapers in L.A., and just put down roots for our family. But we want to have a baby and we're not going to plan our baby around our Amazing Race schedule!

Last time, you said you were retiring from reality TV and you obviously un-retired. Are you going to make that same proclamation again?
Rachel: [Laughs]
You know, never say never!
Brendon: Rachel's the Michael Jordan of reality television. She'll retire every two years and then come back.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/interview-brendon-rachel-talk-the-amazing-race-all-stars

:(

Their respect for Margie & Luke is great as well as their reason for motivating them. I could definitely tell watching that episode in Kuala Lumpur that Brendon & Rachel did have a lot of respect for Margie & Luke.
It's Clobbering Time!