Author Topic: TAR 24: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran (TAR 23) "Cousins"  (Read 16038 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 24: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran (TAR 23) "Cousins"
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran

Name: Leo Temory
Hometown: Torrance, Calif.
Previous Seasons: Season 23
Current occupation: Founder/Owner of New York Deli & The Speakeasy
Describe what you do: I am a restaurateur and in the business of making sure people are never hungry and never thirsty.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: By far the biggest mistake I made was during the leg in Japan while I was constructing the robot. We had just gone from being last in the previous leg to first in Japan. I finished the robot before the other three teams but when I was putting the arms in the torso, I accidentally turned them around and by the time I figured out what I had done wrong, the other three teams had finished and we were eliminated.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: The most memorable part of season 23 was definitely the leg in Indonesia while I was constructing the angklung with all the students. For a brief moment, it put the race on pause for me and it felt like I was back in school. I wasn't in a hurry to complete the road block, I just wanted to enjoy the moment and entertain all the students. With all the good energy we received from the students, we ending up finishing the roadblock first and coming in first place! I'm actually starting an angklung store here in Los Angeles now, haha!
Favorite place you visited on your first season: My favorite place I visited in my first season was between Lisbon and Abu Dhabi. The history and people in Lisbon were amazing, and I could definitely see myself living there. On the other hand seeing the amazing advances, buildings, and technology in Abu Dhabi was breathtaking. Not only were those places great places to visit, they were also the places we had the most fun in!
Why do you want to run the Race again? I want to run the race again because I have to redeem myself. Jamal and I are so competitive in our day to day lives, it was so hard to go all the way to the end, and to go out the way we did. It's almost like making it to the Superbowl and missing the game winning field goal. We hate losing, and we lost in the most upsetting way. Not to mention it’s an experience of a lifetime, and to be given the opportunity to do again is amazing, I cannot wait to interact with all the different cultures, visit more amazing countries, and drop a dash of the “afghanimal” spirit everywhere we go!
How have you changed since the last time you competed? I've been the same ever since I was born, however this time around I am more knowledgeable about how the race is run, how to interact with the different team members and I know how to build a robot.
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about traveling, cooking, friends, family, being active, film, sports, fashion, business, and being entrepreneurial and coming up with new and innovative ideas. My brain never seems to stop working.
People would be surprised to learn: People would be surprised to learn how humorous and genuine we are. I love to live life to the fullest and want to show the world and everyone we interact with that, yes, we are running the most competitive race in the world, but at the same time, we're staying true to our roots and not losing focus on what makes us who we are. Expect lots of fun, out of the ordinary, entertaining from the “afghanimals!”
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The biggest challenge Jamal and I will face is communicating with one another. Communication is key to every healthy relationship, whether it be between a husband and wife, coach and player or two cousins racing around the world. We are definitely communicating better every day, but since we are both so aggressive and competitive sometimes we can bump heads, but we get over it really fast.
Pet peeve about your teammate: My biggest pet peeve about my cousin is the fact that sometimes he doesn't listen. We both are hard headed and we both want to do things our own way. But we are a team, and compromises have to be made.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Spain! The way of life in Spain is something that I can relate to and I could see myself living there in the near future. The people there are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and I also speak Spanish so that would help!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to finish the Race. We came so close last time. I hate not finishing something that I start, and to be given another opportunity to run the Race is a blessing. This time I'm going to finish and hopefully at the same time, entertain the entire world!
Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: This time around we will be a little more careful of what we say and who we say it to. We want to make sure everyone gets to know us first before we start racing and becoming super competitive. Plus, we do not want to get u-turned twice again. In the beginning of our last season, we were unfortunately portrayed as being sneaky and manipulative, which wasn't the case. Certain teams didn't understand our humor and how we were running the race.

Name: Jamal Zadran
Hometown: Irvine, Calif.
Previous Seasons: Season 23
Current occupation: Owner, Z.I.G (Zadran Investment Group)
Describe what you do: I run my own private investment group, specializing in real estate and the automobile industry. Zadran Investment Group operates an independent dealership to sell cars to the public, buys and flips homes in the Southern California area, and operates as a reality firm to the public. We also manage equity portfolios with trading of stocks, bonds and forex, and options.
Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Showing our competitiveness to other teams, making us the biggest threat of the race.
Most memorable moment from your first Race: The first-hand experience of racing around the world and interacting with different people and their cultures.
Favorite place you visited on your first season: Austria and Portugal are at the top of my list of favorite places because of how beautiful the cities looked as we were racing. They’re both so rich in history, and definitely places I would want to visit in the future with my wife.
Why do you want to run the Race again? I feel like we have some unfinished business to take care of. The way we went out the last race was kind of unfair and out of our hands.
How have you changed since the last time you competed? Nothing much has changed! We’re still crazy, funny, cool guys who enjoy life!
What are you passionate about? I’m very passionate about winning and trying not to make any mental mistakes.
People would be surprised to learn: That I can speak four different languages and used to be a linguist. So picking up new languages in a new country in a very short time shouldn’t be too hard!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The other competitors on the Race. Some are back for the 3rd time and there is no team we will take for granted.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He can be sensitive to criticism and at times can be stubborn.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit some African nation with all wild animals. To have any challenge where we interact with animals is always fun. Also, I love lions, tigers and bears … Oh My!!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to be able to say that competing with the best of the best was challenging, but I was able to perform and bring my “A” game! Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I am going to try not to be such a big target to other teams and take it easy so we aren’t shown as threats to the race.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:22:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran (TAR 23)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:14:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wWuIyProu-g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wWuIyProu-g</a>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:36:53 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTvd-2GQ2HQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XTvd-2GQ2HQ</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 12:45:06 PM »
Probably my favorite team announced for All-Stars. Energetic, funny, smart, strong...they've got this in the bag. Love their professional attitude towards things...calming down would help them a bunch.

Stoked to see some fun Afghanimal adventures!
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »
I found funny that production chose a Travis&Nicole moment to remember Leo&Jamal, they could've pick their frustration in the tea plantation or something like that.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24: Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran (TAR 23) "Cousins"
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'll like them this time around :lol:

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
YEAY for Leo & Jamal. Absolutely my fav this season. They are my 3rd fav in last season after Jamy & Bunnies tho.

Can't wait to see their 'Afghanimals' action this season. Hope they make it further than 4th place (which means go to Finals)  ;) ;)
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 07:38:42 AM »
Please be a bit more likeable like in the last episodes of TAR 24!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »
I actually think that the last few legs of TAR 24 warrant them Allstars worthy (plus crash and burn randomness)... not gonna be rooting for them but will remain neutral alongside them.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 01:07:22 AM »
Please be a bit more likeable like in the last episodes of TAR 24!

I started to really like them from Indonesia :lol:

But maybe it's because as their edit got better, Nicole & Travis's sunk lower and lower. :lol:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 01:20:20 AM »
I was pretty neutral to the Afghanimals throughout Season 23 but the last few legs they actually were a good team and I did find myself rooting for them. Hopefully they continue that during this season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »
Amongst this pretty horrid cast, they're actually one of my faves ;) And I strongly disliked them last season, except for the few last episodes... :lol:
But seriously, they're much easier to watch this time around and despite their little argument with NaNa, I think they're also not annoying!

My opinion of this team has totally changed for the better :umn:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 03:30:22 AM »
I really like them this time around, but their camwhoring at times still sucks as much as it did on TAR23. :P

But they're the only tolerable M/M, so I hope they win a leg soon!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 04:17:56 AM »
SO many M/M this season. None of them are routable, except for this two. I hope they make it as fas as they did it last time, and hoping they can win a leg, eventually.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »
Yes, they are much better this time.  I can be happy when they accomplish something before other teams.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:58:27 AM »
They almost win Leg 3 and 4 </33

Winning the leg is coming sooner!
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline TudorQueen

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
I love these guys, and loved them on their original season. They seem even more competent now, and argue less with each other. I particularly like their enthusiasm for nearly every aspect of racing, and the warmth, affection and gratitude they unfailingly show the locals.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Thank god they won over the Cowboys tonight!

So happy <3

They are just simply great this time around.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »
OMG! I'm very happy that they beat the cowboys and make FB's fans of Cowboys piss off.  :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
Their annoyance is back but because I'm biased (they beat the cowboys), they are still on my <3 list this season. BUT, just.. be more humble. Like, just a little. :funny:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
I'm sorry but having them convince a tuk tuk to stop right in front of the Cowboys was hilarious and pure genius, idc if they were annoying then.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »
It was traveling back to the old TAR, like Romber paying the bus driver to open first their door at the front of the bus and make the other teams wait in the back.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »
It screwed the Cowboys over, so I'm happy :lol:

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »
I am, against my will, slowly warming to them  ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 08:58:53 AM »
I think at least they are entertaining. Like, they had their down moments of struggling, then excelling on some legs, then failing at some. Alike Brenchel and JJ and Margie/Luke and Country Singers. As compared to Cowboys who whine at second places and Dave and Connor who talked about their injury when they don't win legs, and TALK ABOUT THEIR INJURIES AGAIN when they win legs. Ew.

Globbies are delivering this season by totally being underdogs and struggling this season as well <3