Other Great Reality Shows > Other Reality TV Shows & News

Opposite Worlds

<< < (2/2)

Dånooky:
I watched the first 5 episodes. The premise was cool, but the execution is atrocious. I thought the appeal was to showcase the differences between past and future, but it ended up becoming a generic Big Brother show focused on drama. I realized all episodes are 30 minutes of exposition building up for extremely underwhelming challenges. The robot one was interesting, but everything else is so generic. For last night's episode I actually skipped the first 30 minutes to get to the game...and it was over in ten seconds.

I think SyFy bit off more than it could chew, there are just too many things to showcase with the premise itself, but adding the competitive aspect simply takes away airtime from interesting things (showcasing technology, etc.) to focus on generic BB/Survivor drama, and challenges that are just loosely following the overall thematic.

Maybe SyFy should have just sold the idea to the BB producers so they could use it as a theme.

Revived Flame:
Personally I lost interest in this towards the end.

Though the spambots ruining the Twitter popularity index was a shame, the only idea that made the show unique in a way was heavily abused and although the host claimed otherwise, they're not going to admit that they were unable to filter out the spambot votes because that would be a huge PR disaster and would be the end of the show lol.

Lauren was very popular among the spambot operators. Nothing like seeing hundreds of the same vote in the space of minutes from the same twitter accounts lol.

Also the ratings for this show were atrocious It's highly likely the show has been quietly cancelled by Syfy. I wouldn't expect a Season 2 to be honest. They're heading away from the reality/ghost stuff and are focusing more on actual TV shows which is a plus in my eyes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version