The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

CBS says ‘no’ to smarter, older contestants on reality TV shows

(1/5) > >>

walkingpneumonia:
CBS says ‘no’ to smarter, older contestants on reality TV shows
I guess this means I won't be on any CBS shows anytime soon...

Interesting comments from Nina Tassler captured by Globe and Mail reporter John Doyle.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/television/cbs-says-no-to-smarter-older-contestants-on-reality-tv-shows/article16350764/

--- Quote ---This led one TV critic to make a simple suggestion – search out “smarter or older contestants next season.” Tassler didn’t say no, but obviously didn’t like the idea. “I think you always try to look for a disparate group, where you will have conflict, alliances will form. It’s not a science. You go into every season hoping you make the right choices, but sometimes the way they behave in a one-on-one interview is very, very different, and that’s why people watch the show.”

That means “no” and it means “smarter or older” contestants are not the recipe for more viewers watching the show. That knowledge, one supposes, is how CBS got to be number one.
--- End quote ---

stekay:
Do they actually forget teams like Fran & Barry, Meredith & Gretchen, Bill & Cathi all made the final 5? Mel & Mike season 14 who would've went much further? Or the older middle aged teams like Ken & Tina and Ian & Teri who both won legs and nearly went all the way?

Those types of teams also make for fan favourites. I really don't get why they would be seen as incapable of running the race.

theamazingracer21:
Could this be considered discrimination and can CBS get sued for this.

gamerfan09:
If this is the reason why Bill & Cathi aren't on TAR 24.......

:groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

georgiapeach:
I think those comments were regarding BB. I would say Dave fits the older smarter category for TAR...:tup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version