Author Topic: American Idol Season 13 Discussion  (Read 15485 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
American Idol Season 13 Discussion
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:49:28 AM »
In a week! Excited because I finally love all the judges! They finally got it righhhht!

Offline Toutou Monde

• RFF Newbie
Re: American Idol Season 13 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
I would never understand the infatuation some people have with Jennifer Lopez... yes she is pretty, yes she can do a choreography but her singing is HIDEOUS!  99% of the time she lip sings, without the help of 'technology' she will sound pretty bad.  She should continue being a successful business woman and let the singing and acting to those who have real natural talent, pleeeeease!

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 04:22:22 AM »
Just watched for about 20 minutes and there are SO MANY of them sing with guitar?! :o :o :o
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 04:54:06 AM »
If WGWG happens again  :groan:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:54 AM »
so far so goood it does not feel idol anymore ryan not funny exicted guy anymore love ideal of the chamber but took out the wroster bits love those

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:17 PM »
This season is the first time in a long time that I was able to even watch all of an audition episode, much less two of them. The new judging panel with Harry added to the mix is a home run, he does the Simon role even better than Simon, and is more honest and direct about his criticisms in the auditions. And I am pleased that the joke/bad/stupid auditions have all but disappeared, it was one thing I refused to watch once the old regime made those the heart of the pre-Hollywood stage.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the voting since AT&T is no longer a sponsor of AI. Dial Idols days may have come to an end, as most of the voting seems to be online or by text these days,
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
I am also able to get through the audition episodes.. as I also refused to watch the bad auditions because I just don't like the idea of laughing at people's inability to sing...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/E5Q1vTk0lJ0?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/E5Q1vTk0lJ0?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

JILLIAN JENSEN!! <3

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »
Wow, I really liked Jillian's singing. Is he the next American Idol?
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »
I am really liking the judges this year, especially Harry Connick Jr. He is the stability they needed to make the judging work. He doesn't seem afraid to tell the wanna-be singers what they need to hear but he does it in a much nicer way than Simon Cowell and it makes it much easier to watch the auditions.   
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
I am really liking the judges this year, especially Harry Connick Jr. He is the stability they needed to make the judging work. He doesn't seem afraid to tell the wanna-be singers what they need to hear but he does it in a much nicer way than Simon Cowell and it makes it much easier to watch the auditions.   
I agree with you, TL! He's really honest in the way he's judging. I can see that Keith and JLo judge based on can the contestant moves their heart and simply can go to Hollywood, but Harry judges based on how far the contestant may get through the rounds. Yes, he is really nice to the contestants (not like Simon Cowell :P), and he's really funny when he's joking. :lol:

For the contestants, I can see the difference between not able to play guitar in previous seasons and now. This season, I can see that they're more prepared because the allowance to play guitar in audition. However, like Harry said IIRC, there will be some rounds in American Idol that don't allow them to play musical instrument, and I can see that as a boomerang for them who only prepared to sing with guitar, and it can be a downfall to them if their voice isn't strong enough to stand alone a capella.

Also, there are many of them are still too young to get an audition. Many of them, who are 15 years old, are making me think, do they realize about what will happen to their education if they make through far? I mean, it's okay if they have decided before to have a music career. But, I'm pretty sure that not all of them have that goal. Let's see what will happen in the last audition and the Hollywood round. I hope we can see some stars emerge! :wohoo:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
VERY VERY happy over the possiblity of lessening WGWG this season <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 01:56:47 AM »
I've always loved JLo on AI and thought that she was one of the better judges on AI. When they let her go and replaced her with Mariah and Nikki, I nearly died of sadness.

And Keith Urban... always the best in giving constructive comments. Definitely the best judge (even over Randy Jackson) last year.

Harry is just hilarious, but he's very focused and fair as well.

For the first time in years, I'm glad they finally got the first right combo.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39:09 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5odoeO5m-g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y5odoeO5m-g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

WOW.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 04:58:10 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yb4wXtjCMuw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Yb4wXtjCMuw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Another one who caught my attention.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pY2spMNf_I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-pY2spMNf_I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Kristin <333333333333333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 06:28:16 AM »
I really like the "Hangar" round, to make sure that those who were on the line for the judges sing again and if they didn't perform well, they get cut.

And... one bus to Hollywood, one bus to the Airport? Plain brutal. BUT, that's the whole reality of this singing competition. If you're not good, you just shouldn't be there in the first place!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 02:58:01 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5odoeO5m-g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y5odoeO5m-g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

WOW.

I see him winning

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 12:15:03 AM »
He seems to me to be extremely proud and arrogant especially during his group round attitude. Seems like another Angie Miller for me, really good performances but just lack the likability factor.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 02:45:01 AM »
He seems to me to be extremely proud and arrogant especially during his group round attitude. Seems like another Angie Miller for me, really good performances but just lack the likability factor.

Just saw the group round clip... I don't like him at all. Not practicing with your group just seemed like a plan for sabotage. :res:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 03:20:02 AM »
If anybody cared for Ethan Thompson, I found the full version of his original song. I really like it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLM8pLgedDs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wLM8pLgedDs</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »

Just saw the group round clip... I don't like him at all. Not practicing with your group just seemed like a plan for sabotage. :res:

Poor Alyssa (i think). I never liked it that they didn't base their decision on the particular performance but on an individual's overall performances so far. It's like they keep remembering on Lazaro's audition last season which was amazing, and kept him around all the way till the live rounds even though he doesn't deliver and perform. It makes it very unfair for those eliminated contestants who got "marked" from the very beginning if they didn't deliver at auditions. I mean, if they managed to change the judges impression, they will deliver an even deeper impression... but what are the odds.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
This season is turning out to be better than I expected! ;)

For the girls, I'm rooting for Briana Oakley and Kenzie Hall because they have great voices and their singing is phenomenal.
For the guys, there are not much, but the one that stood out for me is Dexter Roberts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 10:45:50 PM »
Kenzie Hall <3

I kind of like Jessica (?), the pink hair girl who got a disastrous group day. Such a bad luck soul :(

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »
Kenzie Hall <3

I kind of like Jessica (?), the pink hair girl who got a disastrous group day. Such a bad luck soul :(
The one who teamed up with girl with IMHO arrogant mother? Poor her... :(
That's why I don't agree with the age restriction decreased, because we might see some overreacting parents.. -.-