Other Great Reality Shows > American Idol

American Idol Season 13 Discussion

<< < (3/10) > >>

Kamineko:

--- Quote from: TexasLady on January 30, 2014, 11:35:24 AM ---I am really liking the judges this year, especially Harry Connick Jr. He is the stability they needed to make the judging work. He doesn't seem afraid to tell the wanna-be singers what they need to hear but he does it in a much nicer way than Simon Cowell and it makes it much easier to watch the auditions.   

--- End quote ---
I agree with you, TL! He's really honest in the way he's judging. I can see that Keith and JLo judge based on can the contestant moves their heart and simply can go to Hollywood, but Harry judges based on how far the contestant may get through the rounds. Yes, he is really nice to the contestants (not like Simon Cowell :P), and he's really funny when he's joking. :lol:

For the contestants, I can see the difference between not able to play guitar in previous seasons and now. This season, I can see that they're more prepared because the allowance to play guitar in audition. However, like Harry said IIRC, there will be some rounds in American Idol that don't allow them to play musical instrument, and I can see that as a boomerang for them who only prepared to sing with guitar, and it can be a downfall to them if their voice isn't strong enough to stand alone a capella.

Also, there are many of them are still too young to get an audition. Many of them, who are 15 years old, are making me think, do they realize about what will happen to their education if they make through far? I mean, it's okay if they have decided before to have a music career. But, I'm pretty sure that not all of them have that goal. Let's see what will happen in the last audition and the Hollywood round. I hope we can see some stars emerge! :wohoo:

gamerfan09:
VERY VERY happy over the possiblity of lessening WGWG this season <3

Jobby:
I've always loved JLo on AI and thought that she was one of the better judges on AI. When they let her go and replaced her with Mariah and Nikki, I nearly died of sadness.

And Keith Urban... always the best in giving constructive comments. Definitely the best judge (even over Randy Jackson) last year.

Harry is just hilarious, but he's very focused and fair as well.

For the first time in years, I'm glad they finally got the first right combo.

Jobby:
http://www.youtube.com/v/y5odoeO5m-g?hl=en_US&amp;version=3

WOW.

Jobby:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Yb4wXtjCMuw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US

Another one who caught my attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version