The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

TAR LATIN AMERICA 6 - LIVE SIGHTINGS, SPOILERS, PICS ETC.

<< < (19/37) > >>

Bookworm:

--- Quote from: daeys on July 30, 2014, 08:08:58 AM ---I'm surprised they excluded Brazil completely. The largest country in Latin America has no participants (and the race won't visit Brazil, of course).

There's no incentive for Brazilian viewers to watch at all. I wonder if Space will even go thru the trouble of adding subtitles in Portuguese.

--- End quote ---
Brazil isn't really "Latin America", though. Latin America would imply that it was colonized by the Spanish. I would consider all of South and Central America to be Latin America except for Belize, Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

daeys:
I was just pointing to the fact that the show has almost always included Brazil in some way.

2014: no Brazil at all
2013: 1 Brazilian team
2012: all Brazilian cast
2011: final legs in Brazil
2010: 1 Brazilian team + some legs in Brazil
2009: 2 Brazilian teams + race started in Brazil
2007: all Brazil

I didn't mean to get into a geopolitical argument, sorry.

Alenaveda:

--- Quote from: Bookworm on July 30, 2014, 08:29:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: daeys on July 30, 2014, 08:08:58 AM ---I'm surprised they excluded Brazil completely. The largest country in Latin America has no participants (and the race won't visit Brazil, of course).

There's no incentive for Brazilian viewers to watch at all. I wonder if Space will even go thru the trouble of adding subtitles in Portuguese.

--- End quote ---
Brazil isn't really "Latin America", though. Latin America would imply that it was colonized by the Spanish. I would consider all of South and Central America to be Latin America except for Belize, Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.

--- End quote ---

Brazil is Latin America. They were colonized by Portugal that is a latin country as Spain, France and Italy.

In fact, the definition for all the countries colonized by Spain is "hispanic". That's why when we talk about the spanish spoken nations of this continent, we refer ourselves as "Hispanic America".

daeys:
Also: neither of the two Ecuadorian teams had a video audition on YouTube, correct? It seems both were hand-picked. I can't find a video for either.

Alenaveda:
Another one:  the prize for this season is only 100.000 dollars.  :groan:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version