Author Topic: Survivor 28 News  (Read 21087 times)

MrDeerShank

Survivor 28 News
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »
Here's a good article on next season!

'Survivor: Cagayan': Jeff Probst Gives Intel On NEXT Season

One season ends and another one begins. At the very end of Sunday’s Survivor: Blood vs. Water finale/reunion show, fans got their first sneak peek at the next installment of the longtime reality hit. Premiering in February 2014, Survivor: Cagayan (which filmed last summer in the Philippines) will feature 18 new contestants divided into three tribes: one of brains, one of brawn, one of beauty.

The twist is reminiscent of season 11 of Big Brother, which aired in 2009 and started the season off with players grouped into one of four different cliques: popular, athletes, brainiacs and off-beats. We spoke with Survivor host Probst, who says the groupings here reflect “the different qualities that people bring to Survivor. Not saying these necessarily are the only three, but these are three very distinct type of people.” Probst adds that the most intriguing element of giving people such labels is seeing how they will react to those labels. “It’s really interesting how that label either works or doesn’t for each individual,” explains Probst. “And what happens to the group dynamic. The brawn tribe is more aggressive. And they’re more sports-like. And they end up using euphemisms for things like, “Listen, we’re gonna give it our best shot today!” And the brains tribe has this enormous pressure out of the gate that “If there is a puzzle, we have to win. And if we don’t win, we’re the losers because we’re supposed to be the smart ones.” And it was really interesting to watch the beautiful people talk about their beauty and how charm gets them through life, and watch it play out in alliances.”

“The premise we were going for was kind of layered,” Probst continues. “Is there one quality that is clearly more valuable in Survivor? And what happens when you tell somebody they’re in the smart tribe. Do they believe it? And it turns out the IQ in the brains tribe was significantly higher than the other two tribes. It’s very high. And they knew that. They assumed it, and the felt the pressure. You can see it."

Seeing as how only two of the past eight seasons of Survivor have featured all new players, and the two that did (Nicaragua and One World) are generally considered to be among of the show’s weakest outings, it is somewhat surprising that there are no returning players this time around. However, Probst says that returning to the show’s roots with all new players is a direct result of fan feedback. “For season 28, we listened to our fans,” says the host. “That was really it. They’ve been saying over and over, ‘We love the returning players, but we’d like to see a cast of new players.’ And that’s why we did it. That doesn’t mean we will do it again anytime soon and it doesn’t mean that we won’t do it. Season 29 could be all new players as well. We’re going to see how it plays and make decisions based on that.”

Either way, Probst seems confident that the show can continue its recent hot streak (the past three seasons have all ranked in my top 10 all-time). “I am optimistic that this will be another very good season,” says the host. “A lot happens. I feel really good about it.” Oh yeah, and check out the nifty new logo above!

Link: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/15/survivor-cagayan-jeff-probst/

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: Survivor 28 News
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
I am really looking forward to 3 tribes!!  :cmas9 That is probably my favourite 'twist' of survivor, having 3 tribes instead of 2 :) And it will surely be interesting to finally watch a no-returnee season :cmas20 I really hope the ratings are good, so that CBS gets some hope in new players back.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
Yeah, I also really enjoy having more than 2 tribes - it adds a completely different dynamic to things. :cmas19
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »
YAY for all fresh teams!! Love it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 04:39:07 AM »
Loved  the 3 tribes idea in Philippines and I'm sure I will love it again here! I bet we will see some bickering!  :cmas51

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »
Loved that its from the Philippines again!  :cmas23
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
That's 4 seasons in Philippines in a row? (was FvF2 in Philly too)

Omg. There's 7107 islands in Philly.. imagine how many more times can they continue to play the game there. :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »
PS: I don't know anything about the new season, but I'm gonna guess that in a game of Brawn VS Beauty VS Brains, I am rooting for the Brains and my guts is that the winner will be someone from the Brainy tribe too. #speculation

:cmaslol

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
Crystal Cox for Blazing Speed tribe <3

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
I read on Sucks Russ Landau will not be back to preform the theme :( So no more theme song :(

We had such a great theme song this season... :cmas12

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »
http://bit.ly/IWbjoT

Could someone able to view this video tell me if that's something new, or the same preview from the BvW reunion?

Offline Wanna Bee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
Anyone know when CBS is planning the cast reveal for Season 28?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 03:56:01 PM »
Two media sources in Miami, TV Channel 10 WPLG, and the Miami Herald, are both reporting that David Samson, president of the Miami Marlins Major League Baseball club, is one of the contestants in this next season of Survivor:

### Channel 10's Will Manso reported (and I have confirmed, as well) that Marlins president David Samson will be among 18 contestants on the upcoming season of the CBS series Survivor, which was taped last year in the Philippines. Participants are prohibited from discussing it. Samson participated in the Ironman World Championship Triathlon in Hawaii in 2006 and also runs marathons.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/01/dolphins-heat-canes-marlins-tidbits.html#storylink=cpy

That's two media sources who aren't prone to report reality competition castings, btw, so I would take this as reliable reporting.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
Two media sources in Miami, TV Channel 10 WPLG, and the Miami Herald, are both reporting that David Samson, president of the Miami Marlins Major League Baseball club, is one of the contestants in this next season of Survivor:

### Channel 10's Will Manso reported (and I have confirmed, as well) that Marlins president David Samson will be among 18 contestants on the upcoming season of the CBS series Survivor, which was taped last year in the Philippines. Participants are prohibited from discussing it. Samson participated in the Ironman World Championship Triathlon in Hawaii in 2006 and also runs marathons.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/01/dolphins-heat-canes-marlins-tidbits.html#storylink=cpy

That's two media sources who aren't prone to report reality competition castings, btw, so I would take this as reliable reporting.
Wow, I'd actually love that!

Once again, can someone from the US verify if there's anything new shown in this link (I can't view)?: http://bit.ly/IWbjoT

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »
THIS was posted on facebook, like, half an hour ago!!!  :o :o :conf:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1001093/first-look-survivor-28-scenic-views/

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »
I would guess those would be the tribe colours?  :ascared

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 02:31:03 AM »
I would guess those would be the tribe colours?  :ascared
I guess so... But come on, this is way too similar to Caramoan.. (Purple & Orange >> Green)
I'd like it if cyan was one of the start colours alond with purple perhaps  ???

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »
The third one looks closer to aqua/cyan to me than it does to a light green. :P

I just hope the merge tribe is not black, and if it isn't, these are pretty good colours in my opinion! :)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »
Well the aqua flag is captioned as "Green Flag" so I don't know, and maybe we might have an absorbed tribe situation because the Immunity necklace has the orange flag behind it.

I am hoping to make this season my first season watching it live! I have read wikis and watched some past episodes of past seasons but I can't wait for this!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »
Oh wait I totally forgot there are 3 tribes! Unless it is from the stage Jimmer is talking about.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »
I hope a tribe dissolve like Phils doesn't happen, I want a three tribes merging situation at 9.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 07:11:31 PM »
Planetbuff's cover photo has been updated and the three tribes are named after two municipalities (Aparri and Solana) and one big island (Luzon). Meh
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:02 AM »
It would definitely be nice if the tribes were evenly matched and we had a merge situation with three tribes becoming one but assuming there is no swap/absorb/merge situation before the Final 12, it's difficult to imagine it playing out evenly but certainly not impossible. Fingers crossed.

Those tribe names are OK IMO. I like them better than any other tribe names we've had  in the Philippines, except maybe the Caramoan ones... :duno:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 04:58:04 AM »
Planetbuff's cover photo has been updated and the three tribes are named after two municipalities (Aparri and Solana) and one big island (Luzon). Meh

OMG really?  :groan:

Ugh i hate the potential tribe names already.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
The tribe names seem fine to me!  ??? I really do like them :colors

Oh and yeah I just forgot there were 3 starting tribes, and assumed one of the purple/orange/cyan was merge colour duuh :cmaslol