Author Topic: Biggest mistake ever made (by a team)  (Read 8573 times)

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
Biggest mistake ever made (by a team)
« on: December 16, 2013, 02:40:20 AM »
What do you think is the biggest mistake ever made by a team?

I would say Zev and Justin taking the globetrotters to the final 4, it was really a one sided alliance and then when it came down to the line zev and justin came up short and lost their chance at the million, zevastating...
I don't really think the globetrotters would have made it so far unassisted. I would say it's the biggest mistake in race history since zev and justin really got nothing from helping them and it has been widely accepted since the early seasons that athletic teams are dangerous in the business end of the race

What do you think?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Biggest mistake ever made (by a team)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
I think Team JJ not using the EP. They had a good chance making it to the F3, but instead they got an unlucky 9th.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »
-Any eliminating flight disaster: Gutsy Grannies, NFL, etc.
-Not using the EP x2.
-Goths Uturning the wrong team.
-Nana missing out on the final by driving the wrong way (which I think cost them the million).
-Goths missing the chosen flight by driving to the other end of Japan but reconciling themselves <3
-Rockers for leaving their backpacks in that bogus taxi. (They were going strong still!)
-Erwin & Godwin for carrying the bottomgods(desses) until Bama shrug them off (I preferred Bama and Mary/David anyway).
-Matt/Daniel taking a penalty leg 1 when they could've had 4 hours to find the clue.
^Same for Hal/Joanne, Ross/Tarryn etc.
-Luke in the surfboard task :(

As you can see I cannot pick one  :cmaslol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:42:06 AM »
Goths for u-turning a team who was not behind them.
Goths for taking a cab instead of walking on foot.
Seriously, it cost them the race... twice! :cmas18

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
Goths for u-turning a team who was not behind them.
Goths for taking a cab instead of walking on foot. Globbs riling Vyxsin up so she/kent misread clue in haste and emotion :c
Seriously, it cost them the race... twice!:cmas18
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:06:46 PM by SteKay »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
I think the 4-hour penalty pact in TAR22 was kind of stupid. I would have deviated. Let them get their clue and receive a penalty, I will be searching for it for 4 hours! I am not going to TAR to skip a task in the very first leg. Sorry. I can't.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
I think the 4-hour penalty pact in TAR22 was kind of stupid. I would have deviated. Let them get their clue and receive a penalty, I will be searching for it for 4 hours! I am not going to TAR to skip a task in the very first leg. Sorry. I can't.

I would reread the *bleeping* clue or checking if the clue was BURIED in the sandcastle first. 

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »
One of the big mistakes made for a team - at least that I remember - was in Season 1 when Joe & Bill, after winning the FF at the Reclining Buddha, decided not to go immediately to the Pit Stop and spend the night at the hotel thinking they had plenty of time; receiving once arrived there the surprise of founding all the other teams already checked in. If Nancy & Emily haven't been penalized with 24 hours for not performing the Detour, they would have become the first team eliminated from the race after winning a Fast Forward.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
One of the big mistakes made for a team - at least that I remember - was in Season 1 when Joe & Bill, after winning the FF at the Reclining Buddha, decided not to go immediately to the Pit Stop and spend the night at the hotel thinking they had plenty of time; receiving once arrived there the surprise of founding all the other teams already checked in. If Nancy & Emily haven't been penalized with 24 hours for not performing the Detour, they would have become the first team eliminated from the race after winning a Fast Forward.
That's my pick as well. Not to mention the incident at the Tunis airport which made them seem to be the original villains.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 06:08:12 AM »
Hayley's missing flags...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 06:57:42 AM »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
Maybe not the biggest but Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer bringing Bates & Anthony to the F3 :res:

Offline MrAirSonic

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 06:42:19 PM »
Maybe not the biggest but Max & Katie and Caroline & Jennifer bringing Bates & Anthony to the F3 :res:

Most embarrassing season ever, Max and Katie were so stupid, Caroline and Jennifer were useless coattail riders, and Bates and Anthony were so boring. Almost three years now and I'm still shocked how Max and Katie didn't want to get Hockey Boys out, all because they thought Joey and Meghan were annoying. They could have won that season, so glad they weren't back for season 24 (Even though 24 was just as bad) I hope I never see them again >_>

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »
Probably not the biggest:
But Nicole & Travis of TAR 23 didn't #ReadTheClue on the first leg on their way to the pitstop. They took a taxi, got a 30 min penalty, and cost them the express pass.
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
One of the biggest mistakes was Christina placing the donkey on the platform instead of the dirt bike in the Anchorage finale. :'(

"Donkeys have souls too." Unless they are part of the final Roadblock.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)