Author Topic: And the winner is....  (Read 11590 times)

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
And the winner is....
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
Tyson Apostol, 34, of Provo, Utah
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: And the winner is....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
This FTL was full of epicness thanks to Monicagoddess <3

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
This FTL was full of epicness thanks to Monicagoddess <3

IKR. <3 :cmas9
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »
I felt so much for Monica </3 I really really thought she was going to win after a flawless tribal council.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »
I felt so much for Monica </3 I really really thought she was going to win after a flawless tribal council.

She honestly left nothing behind and threw everything at it - but I think a majority of that jury had already chosen who they were voting for before that and there wasn't much she or Gervase could do tbh... :cmas13

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »

She honestly left nothing behind and threw everything at it - but I think a majority of that jury had already chosen who they were voting for before that and there wasn't much she or Gervase could do tbh... :cmas13

I even thought from the finale edit that it was Monica. It was focused solely around Monica except Tyson's immunities. Even FTC was all about Monica. I really thought Laura M was also going to vote for her, but at least we know Tyson does have a heart and that Rachel has grounded him a bit. He did deserve to win -- And yes, Gervase remained as clueless as ever.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »
I legitimately cried when I realized Monicagoddess got only one vote. She REALLY deserved the win. That FTC <3

MONICA TO RETURN SOON PLZ <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
Tyson <3

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 08:42:58 AM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »
Do you think if Monica actually sided with Ciera and Tina at the second F5 to vote for Gervase (which Ciera would have gone home anyway because Gervase has the idol) and with Tina at the F4, forcing a fire challenge to which Tina will prob lose to Gervase (?), Monica would have won against Tyson and Gervase as she actually did make moves? :O

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
I think Tina would have won against Gervase actually. But yeah then Monica would have made moves and that would have endeared her to the majority of the jury (who hate Tyson and Gervase but they respect Tyson for his moves) so therefore Monica would have won <3

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 05:14:48 AM »
I think Monica could have gotten more votes if she tied the F4 vote for Tina but I don't think she would have won (I am thinking a 5-3-0 or a 4-4-0 deadlocked vote). She probably would have gotten Tina's (assuming she lost) and Katie's vote (Tina would probably convince Katie) in addition to Vytas's vote and maybe one more.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:33:47 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 09:39:19 AM »
And if Monica made just that one move, who knows what might happened right? Instead, her jury case was that she did not make that move because all the other moves will not help her win. But that is precisely what the jury disagreed with, because sitting next to Tyson simply meant that there was no way she could have gotten a win WITHOUT doing ANYTHING. :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »
I would tend to disagree. I think the finale edit led us to think Monica was going to win (well I did). I thought from the FTC she was going to win. She was flawless. And I think she was winning more votes UNTIL Aras asked his question, and Tyson said Monica should've won. That subtle moment I think won Tyson his votes back, and he did play an amazing game deserving of the win, and we got to see beyond his jokes and into his heart with some emotion. You could see how much it meant to him to win.

Overall one of my favourite seasons with many stars we will surely see again: Laura x2, Hayden, Ciera, Katie, Monica & Vytas.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »
I really thought the only misleading tribal council was Survivor Philippines, where Lisa's Final TC was flawless and it seemed like she might win over Denise. Monica simply answered her questions with heart and truth, but she didn't play a good game. Just like what Hayden said, all of them knew they were going to vote Tyson to win going into the Final TC and even convinced each other to vote for the deserving person and not be blinded by bitterness.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »
I would tend to disagree. I think the finale edit led us to think Monica was going to win (well I did). I thought from the FTC she was going to win. She was flawless. And I think she was winning more votes UNTIL Aras asked his question, and Tyson said Monica should've won. That subtle moment I think won Tyson his votes back, and he did play an amazing game deserving of the win, and we got to see beyond his jokes and into his heart with some emotion. You could see how much it meant to him to win.

Overall one of my favourite seasons with many stars we will surely see again: Laura x2, Hayden, Ciera, Katie, Monica & Vytas.
How were Laura B. & Katie stars?  :cmaslol

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »

How were Laura B. & Katie stars?  :cmaslol

Laura for being an initial boot and lasting until she was the last premerge boot for opening her heart..
Katie for being an interesting, quirky player who managed to win an immunity and squeak through multiple tribals.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
Monica deciding not to flip was indeed a smart move, as even if she had forced a tie at the F4, if Tina wins the fire, Tina wins the game. And I think Tina would be pretty good at that challenge.

It's kind of like what Gervase said - he knew he needed to get Tyson out eventually, but getting Tyson out earlier would mean Monica and Gervase themselves are ultimately next to go, because that alliance always had a narrow majority...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
There was an interview (or was it on TV) that Hayden (?) mentioned that even if Tina made the F3, they would still give Tyson the million dollars. So even if Tina made the F3, Tyson would have won? I mean Monica would not have won in any case (and Gervase is a better person to bring to the F3).. but the flipping move we are talking about here is more of the second F5 where she could have gone with Ciera and Hayden anyway and tried to make it seem as though she "made a move"?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
Monica flipping with Hayden and Ciera would move her from Top Three down to fourth place, especially if Laura had returned, and quite possibly with the return of Tina as well. It didn't make any sense strategically to flip at that round, as she would lose her Final Three spot (unless she won Final Immunity).

Honestly Monica wanted to play the "loyal" game and honestly she would have lost to almost anyone in the Final 5 or 6 if the jury was voting on the grounds of strategy, so her best bet was to play the loyal game - it has worked for others in the past after all...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 12:36:08 PM »
Monica flipping with Tina and Ciera (I've been constantly talking about the SECOND and not first final 5) will still not affect her final three spot? Ciera will still go home that night (Tyson's immunity, Gervase's idol) and she will still be in the final 4, and Tyson will go on to still bring her to the final 3.

And then she would have made a move?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
"so her best bet was to play the loyal game - it has worked for others in the past after all..."

Can't remember anyone since Palau who has played a loyal game simply by riding coattails and won... (don't count people like Natalie White)..

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »
Why does Natalie White not count? :cmaslol And what about Aras, Bob and JT?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »
Monica flipping with Tina and Ciera (I've been constantly talking about the SECOND and not first final 5) will still not affect her final three spot? Ciera will still go home that night (Tyson's immunity, Gervase's idol) and she will still be in the final 4, and Tyson will go on to still bring her to the final 3.

And then she would have made a move?

As we full well know, she did not know Gervase was playing the idol.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »
Why does Natalie White not count? :cmaslol And what about Aras, Bob and JT?

Don't forget Fabio, Sophie, Kim, Denise etc, since none of them betrayed anyone and at least two of them didn't really make any moves. :reindeer

They all count. :cmas16