The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Penultimate legs

(1/10) > >>

aryanisetiawan:
i love Penultimate legs, who doesn't, being the last country to be visited before going home, determining who's in the final 3  and i think, this should be the most exciting and intense leg of the entire season considering most finale legs are disappointing
let's talk about which penultimate legs are very tough and memorable.

favorite penultimate leg is leg 11 of season 6, Xi'an China, amazing roadblock, Taxi Drama, Breakdowns and Language Barriers, it was also a long leg too, aside of that, i also love the penultimates of season 12,13,14,15, and 23. here are my thoughts about several penultimate legs

TAR6: WONDERFUL and LONG and STRESSFUL and DRAMATIC CHINA LEG
TAR7: it was an NEL. but still nobody wants to have zero money during the final leg. and i thinkg the tasks are very good. the team that came in last are put in a serious disadvantage
TAR9: actually i really love this JAPAN leg, the detour in the night time, and fujikyu highland roadblock. and having to ride a swan in lake yamanaka was clever
TAR10: i don't like this, it really made the first half of the leg completely useless. it was just based on the detour. Dustin and Kandice was leading and their lead stopped because everyone will be on the same flight to Barcelona
TAR11: this is not a very bad leg however i think this was the worst leg of TAR 11. TAR 11 really set the bar high
TAR 12: OMG the tasks are just so simple, but i don't know how this leg could be much more dramatic than most harder legs. Nate and Jen Breakdown was just stellar. TK and Rachel overtaking two teams after completing speedbump was incredible. and this leg finished at NIGHT
TAR 13: one of the most complicated roadblock and detours i've ever seen. what a shame Dallas lost his passport and NOT BEING CALLED BACK FOR BOTH TAR UB AND TAR 24
TAR 14: why are Chinese penultimate legs are very good. i seriously wanted to have it in season 25. no one expects that the pitstop was just a midpoint, They raced from 9 in the evening until 10 in the morning, Jamie and cara even finished racing at 2 in the afternoon. and also the peeing-before-pitstop moment was just a star
TAR 15: good leg, one of the best. scary scenery though.
TAR 16: i love it. first, because it's in China, seconde The foot race are very dramatic. Third, the ending was at night. i love seeing Shanghai in nighttime
TAR 17: a not very outstanding leg from a very good season, because Vicky and Nick were too far behind. what a shame
TAR 18 : don't really like it, i don't know why
TAR 19 : kinda OK leg. don't expect that Andy and Tommy missed it
TAR 20 : i don't understand how most people here like this leg. it's just catching a chicken and eat sushi and taking a photo. like seriously, very disappointing. the finale was better
TAR 21 : the only thing that i like was Natalie and Nadiya taking a wrong way to the pitstop. The challenges was just MEH
TAR 22 : i actually liked this more than 21. the detour was kinda tricky. and seeing Jennifer panicking in the mud field
TAR 23 : much better than season 20, just a little bit disappointment at the detour. the fishbowl was very easy. i wished the message was longer. but the roadblock really scrambled the placement of the teams. 

favorite penultimate countries are: Japan, China, and czech Republic

I would like to see a penultimate in Philippines, Switzerland, Indonesia, a country in Africa, Argentina, and Iceland

amazing1604:
Season 13 in Moscow was one of my most favorite leg ever with a tricky Roadblock, hard Speed Bump (the only true Speed Bump ever I think!), and an amazing Detour! :colors

Season 14 in Beijing was sick !!!  :cmas26

Another favorite:
Season 20 in Japan - showcasing Japan at its best  :hrt:
Season 21 in France
Season 12 in Taiwan

Haven't checked any season before S12 yet but if i'm not wrong the S3 was also sick?!

David:
It was, but penultimate legs just meant nothing, since there were only 3 teams remaining and it was a NEL, IIRC.

Cocoa:
I liked most of the penultimate legs than the finales! :lol:

(anything pre-TAR9 I just couldn't list here since I haven't rewatched them :lol:)
TAR 9 in Tokyo/Lake Yamanaka - NEL before the final leg is not fun sry
TAR 10 in Barcelona - I wished they had a full leg in Spain :( It would have been a great ep (but beauty queens :( )
TAR 11 in Guam - OMG THE TELETUBBIES GO TO WAR
TAR 12 in Taipei - it was intense but ugh Nate/Jen :(
TAR 13 in Moscow - awesome (especially that ultra-complicated Ride the Rails or Ride the Lines detour and the wow-how-did-they-plan-that Stalin-Lenin Roadblock. Too bad Toni/Dallas got unlucky)
TAR 14 in Beijing - awesome (especially that U-Turn and the Wenchang Ge drama)
TAR 15 in Prague - this is the exception. I liked the Vegas leg over this. But lol Globetrotters pwned.
TAR 16 in Shanghai - It was... okaaaaay.
TAR 17 in Seoul - The tasks were great but Nick/Vicki are so behind, its not thrilling. I liked the LA leg over this.
TAR 18 in Rio de Janeiro - awesome
TAR 19 in Panama City - awesome RESULTS (but the leg was nooormal)
TAR 20 in Osaka - meh
TAR 21 in Loire Valley - also meh but well I'm just biased against post TAR 18 seasons :lol:
TAR 22 in Belfast - awesome
TAR 23 in Tokyo - awesome tasks (sans the goldfish)

jetishidae:
i gotta say TAR 14 is the most memorable for me
with the u-turn and Jen & Kisha keep misspelling the order  :cmaslol
Jamie & Cara meltdown
Jen unfortunate potty break  :cmaslol  :cmas15

the allstar is also memorable with Charla keep pressing the button from that thingy  :cmaslol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version