Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

Final Thoughts about Amazing Race 23

<< < (3/4) > >>

gamerfan09:

--- Quote from: Cocoa on December 12, 2013, 05:44:35 PM ---Nicky and Kim were also horribly boring

--- End quote ---

Bunnies <3 :lol:

WinTar:
Best season Post-UB for me!

Loved more than half of the teams (which was unexpected) and the route and tasks I like even if there were no new countries! :hrt:

RachelLeVega:
TAR23 began in the minority for me... and still stayed in the bottom 2 runs (with TAR21) in post-Unfinished Business. :(

Overall, the casting felt very generic and flat. It only told one side of a story other than sub-plots and minor information from teams and individual racers. Nobody really brought themselves to life like what Brook & Claire, Nathan & Jennifer, or even Susan & Patrick did. Travis & Nicole's editing was a little awkward focusing on their teamwork then transitioning into frustration near the end of the season. I didn't get it, but that's what will be pinpointed next.

The editing is a key issue to this season being in my current least favorites. The music didn't make me want to root or cheer for any of the teams. It felt like I was watching a travel blog video parodying TAR. Even though teams received decently leveled edits, there wasn't much storyline like what TAR12 brought. What makes TAR incredible is the hardships and MORE in-depth team communication that is offered to the viewers. Marie dully saying, "Look at that... an entire family is on that one motorbike..." to Tim is basically what described most of this season.

Tasks... thank goodness for zero Switchbacks! However, I'd say 80% of the tasks shown throughout this season were straightforward and not really unique. Also, PLEASE VISIT NEW COUNTRIES, DON'T JUST VISIT NEW CITIES AND CALL IT A RACE. :cmas22

Platrium:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on December 13, 2013, 11:32:18 PM ---Tasks... thank goodness for zero Switchbacks!

--- End quote ---

Technically, there were :cmas11 , but they were not exactly switchbacks. The Austrian leg's Donauturm bungee jump ff/rb and mask detour/rb.

Puppet:
I am quite pleased with this season overall! One thing I like is that we don't see the same team winning every leg! And also I love how the teams interact with each other, from the EP when everybody hated Marie, till the Tokyo leg when the 3 teams sort of worked together to get Afghanimals out. I would love to see Marie race again, one of the strongest woman that has raced! And also, I hope that teams like Nicky & Kim and Tim & Danny do get another chance to come back as well!

In short, I am a happy man. :cmaslol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version