The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Finale Legs

<< < (2/4) > >>

SamualDude:
Luck based tasks have no place on the final leg, I do like how in recent seasons they've just been in one city for that leg unlike the first 11 seasons where there was 2 cities visited in the US. Some of the cities that housed the finish deserve proper finale legs such as Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago etc.

Also please don't have a finale leg in a city that has had one before. Don't get me wrong, I like the final city of Season 24 but it was already visited a few years ago. Not sure if enough time has passed for it to get another final leg. Give it to a place like New Orleans, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston and so forth.

theamazingracer21:
I totally agree with everything said.

On another note, what does everyone think about taxis in the final leg? I am a massive NO for final leg taxis. No one should win based on luck and taxis are the luck of he draw. I think TAR17 didn't Jill & Tom get a bad taxi which stuffed up any chance of winning.

SamualDude:

--- Quote from: theamazingracer21 on December 09, 2013, 11:14:53 PM ---I totally agree with everything said.

On another note, what does everyone think about taxis in the final leg? I am a massive NO for final leg taxis. No one should win based on luck and taxis are the luck of he draw. I think TAR17 didn't Jill & Tom get a bad taxi which stuffed up any chance of winning.

--- End quote ---

Taxis are just a part of racing in the end. I mean if you get to a city that one team lives in but the others don't in a self driving finale then they have a major advantage over the others but taxis can cost you the race as it did indeed do in TAR 17 with Jill & Tom and arguably in TAR 14 with Jamie & Cara. Jill & Tom had a more devastating defeat though but that's for another thread.

Mug Costanza:
The only I disagree with in this thread so far is racer calling the flour drop task in the TAR23 finale a luck task. It was lucky that Amy got it so quickly, but after doing it for so long, teams should have gotten a feel for it. It shouldn't have taken Nicole 21 tries (or however many it was) to get it right.

Glamazon Racer:
Taxis are hard to control - I think that's the one element that is difficult to do anything about, so I don't mind taxis on finales.

--- Quote from: Mug Costanza on December 09, 2013, 11:51:26 PM ---The only I disagree with in this thread so far is racer calling the flour drop task in the TAR23 finale a luck task. It was lucky that Amy got it so quickly, but after doing it for so long, teams should have gotten a feel for it. It shouldn't have taken Nicole 21 tries (or however many it was) to get it right.

--- End quote ---

I think it was essentially a luck of the draw thing. It didn't require any skill and everything from the speed of the plane, its altitude at the time and to the wind speed at the time would have a huge effect on the descent of the flour which teams have no control over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version