Author Topic: TAR 24 Pre-Race Videos>>PREVIEWS!  (Read 34992 times)

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
Re: TAR 24 Pre-Race Videos>>PREVIEWS!
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 07:30:09 AM »
Leo & Jamal were memorable. (at least for me)
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
Leo and Jamal were definitely memorable,  maybe not likeable,  but they had a unique personality that make them memorable.

As with Caroline and Jennifer,  I don't think there was much to them that made them memorable, but some people did like them.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 09:26:35 AM »
Leo & Jamal and Carojen are two of the most memorable out of the cast :lol:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
Leo & Jamal and Carojen are two of the most memorable out of the cast :lol:

I have to disagree with you here, if anything, as much as I love CaroJen, they're probably the second or third least memorable team in this cast.

Almost everyone will remember the Cowboys, Globes, and Margie & Luke due to having raced twice before, and Dave & Connor, Mark & Bopper, Twinnies and Afghanamals are definitely memorable, especially for teams that hadn't some sort of fan base prior to their first race.

Brenchal and Youtube are just well known, which automatically equals memorability.

Honestly the only team that I'd say are less memorable than the Country Singers are John & Jessica.

But I  :hrt: the Country Singers and just pray that this time around they give us a reason to remember them, and prove that the producers made the right decision when asking them to return! :wohoo:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
I'm trying to forget the Globes/Cowboys but they keep coming back. They done nothing memorable for me in either season, except being eliminated.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2014, 10:39:37 AM »
We have to remember that the Cowboys were the first team to complete a speed bump and still come in 1st, that's pretty memorable to be fair.
And again, just the gimmick of Cowboys and Globetrotters is memorable, much more so than two blonde girls, or a generic dating couple in John & Jessica.

Either way, whether we like these three-peaters or not, we're stuck with them now and there's not much we can do about it.  :groan:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2014, 11:41:39 PM »
We have to remember that the Cowboys were the first team to complete a speed bump and still come in 1st, that's pretty memorable to be fair.
And again, just the gimmick of Cowboys and Globetrotters is memorable, much more so than two blonde girls, or a generic dating couple in John & Jessica.

Either way, whether we like these three-peaters or not, we're stuck with them now and there's not much we can do about it.  :groan:

How can something be memorable if we always forget it?

I do understand that many casual fans love the Cowboys because they are distinguished because they are cowboys but many die hard fans do not really like them (I know this isn't true in every case but I think it generally is true).

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 09:03:07 AM »

I do understand that many casual fans love the Cowboys because they are distinguished because they are cowboys but many die hard fans do not really like them (I know this isn't true in every case but I think it generally is true).

OK, fair point, maybe memorable wasn't the right word to use. Perhaps Impressive would be a better word?  ???

Personally I love the Cowboys, and I'd like to consider myself a die hard fan, but I'm well aware that the majority of the die hard fans don't like the Cowboys at all.
But, even I'm definitely a bit dubious of seeing them return for a third time! There are teams that deserved spots over any of these three-peaters, but as I've said before, we have what we have, and all we can do now is cheer for who we like,  :hoot:
and boo who we don't.  :groan:

All I know for sure is, I CAN NOT WAIT for the 23rd!!!  :happy: :ya3: :wohoo:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »

OK, fair point, maybe memorable wasn't the right word to use. Perhaps Impressive would be a better word?  ???

Personally I love the Cowboys, and I'd like to consider myself a die hard fan, but I'm well aware that the majority of the die hard fans don't like the Cowboys at all.
But, even I'm definitely a bit dubious of seeing them return for a third time! There are teams that deserved spots over any of these three-peaters, but as I've said before, we have what we have, and all we can do now is cheer for who we like,  :hoot:
and boo who we don't.  :groan:

All I know for sure is, I CAN NOT WAIT for the 23rd!!!  :happy: :ya3: :wohoo:
This.
:ya3:

As much as I groped and moaned about the cast and route this season, I'm all in for the 23rd.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2014, 10:17:58 PM »
JJ is memorable because of their stupid elimination with EP though.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »
JJ is memorable because of their stupid elimination with EP though.

I don't think many people would remember JJ to be honest? Sure, at the time they made a huge mistake and it was pretty history making, but I actually know a few casual fans that didn't remember John & Jessica until they watched their "Meet John & Jessica" Video that CBS released, and even at that, they only remembered the EP incident and not so much the team! :lol:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
Not sure if this is a new video (I am geoblocked)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/51AAB00B-4495-976E-BE2D-E0A9CA121112/the-amazing-race-all-stars-preview-/

Can't view it in my country! :(
I hate how CBS block half the world from viewing their footage!  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
Same as the one above. I am a bit swamped right now, but will try to get it later. Thanks for the head's up!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 09:27:15 PM »
Me too. Unfortunately my laptop is not here for some days. I could try to use FF add-on to watch it.

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »
New Promo (Most Dramatic Beginning Ever):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWmQL68xS4

Enjoy!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
New Promo (Most Dramatic Beginning Ever):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWmQL68xS4

Enjoy!

Here's the vid:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVWmQL68xS4?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gVWmQL68xS4?hl=es_</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
Still no love for Margie and Luke in the promos. Am disappoint.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 03:33:50 AM »
As always, just milking on Luke's facial expressions. ^ :res:

#GIVEMARGIEANDLUKEMOREAIRTIME

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »
Phil's cast assessment video is up :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:26 PM »
Here's the vid:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YF1zMZt_00c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YF1zMZt_00c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
There is another intro of the Globetrotters here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0ZztT3O_g (hope it's okay to post it sorry).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2014, 12:05:07 AM »
Sure is :tup:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2014, 12:17:01 AM »
These teams and their blatant, fake, plastic personalities.