Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast FINALE Ep 11/12 SHOW updates & Commentary!!!  (Read 49684 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: TAR 23 East Coast FINALE Ep 11/12 SHOW updates & Commentary!!!
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »
This February... All-time favourites coming back? They'll compete in the most challenging, exciting and unforgettable race around the world... ever.

Who will return?

The Amazing Race All-Stars.

Not really......

IKR. :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2013, 09:07:59 PM »
Japan leg was great, Alaska was horribly linear... :cmas11

There were too many elements that required an equal amount of time per team - the teams had no way of shedding or losing time when transporting thru helicopters and they were being directed to places for most of it.

Yeah, exactly. And there was no chance to catch up in any of the tasks, except the currency, but that itself would require somebody to majorly screw up.

And the airplane throwing task destroyed the whole leg - I hate these pointless tasks that basically ensure that a certain team wins once it is over. -_-

I actually wish that either they stop with those Roadblocks, or don't even put any Roadblocks in the finale unless it's a memory one.

I think it's time they turn things around and throw in a ton of Route Info additional tasks and include a BALANCED Detour. Something new!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2013, 09:08:22 PM »
What I found really hilarious was it said "ALL TIME FAVOURITES" and shows a picture of Art & JJ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. They have a sense of humour don't they? :cmas12

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:36 PM »

There were too many elements that required an equal amount of time per team - the teams had no way of shedding or losing time when transporting thru helicopters and they were being directed to places for most of it.

Yeah, exactly. And there was no chance to catch up in any of the tasks, except the currency, but that itself would require somebody to majorly screw up.

And the airplane throwing task destroyed the whole leg - I hate these pointless tasks that basically ensure that a certain team wins once it is over. -_-

I actually wish that either they stop with those Roadblocks, or don't even put any Roadblocks in the finale unless it's a memory one.

I think it's time they turn things around and throw in a ton of Route Info additional tasks and include a BALANCED Detour. Something new!

Completely agree with you!

Plus these days everyone is prepared for memory challenges, so those don't offer up as much chance for the order to be shuffled unless it is really well planned like TAR21, so the suspense is taken out of them. :(

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
What I found really hilarious was it said "ALL TIME FAVOURITES" and shows a picture of Art & JJ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. They have a sense of humour don't they? :cmas12
haha yeah I thought so too!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
Haha. And I don't even recall seeing that many "ALL-TIME FAVORITES" in the promo. Even the ones who aren't actually in the season

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »

Yeah, ALL-TIME FAVOURITES and they don't include any teams from Season 1-13. ALL-TIME all right!  :cmas15

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2013, 09:14:28 PM »

Yeah, ALL-TIME FAVOURITES and they don't include any teams from Season 1-13. ALL-TIME all right!  :cmas15

Tell me about it! :cmas11

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
Then I don't understand CBS sense of humor.
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »

Neither do I. :lol:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »

Neither do I. :lol:

Well that's why its called promotion...  :cmaslol
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »
YAY JAMY WON! I actually picked a winning team from the beginning...  :cmas51

I really like the Tokyo leg, WAAAAY better than the Alaska leg...

Tim and Marie DESERVED to win the that leg... Period!
Marie KILLED that Roadblock ...
When I was watching her finish the Roadblock first, I literally jumped off my chair and said "HOLY ****!!! What the....Damn!! The bitch is goooooooooood!" yeah with that many O's
So anyone who hated Marie's gut could just shove it up their ass and leave the goddess alone!
And it was so funny how she literally passed Amy and Nicole who...like, hey ladies! the task is called a "Roadblock".
I kinda wish Afghanimals actually got their side right so they could live Amy and Nicole fighting for last. LOL wouldn't that be funny, they helped each other and all of sudden they were fighting for last.

The Alaska leg, Idk. It was too linear. Almost legs in US were linear. It was kinda sucked and disappointing.
Amy basically got lucky in the Roadblock, they had a decent lead, and they won...
Just like last season...
The currency challenge, boy did I not see that coming...
This could actually be a turning event for any other teams to catch Jamy but they will need Jamy to screw up SO BAD --maybe Jamy got hit on the head with one of the tubes and suffer a major memory loss and forget that they just ran the amazing race-- or something like that, so that they could catch up.
Also it was more like a puzzle challenge rather than currency challenge.
If they are to make a memory task, they need to make sure its fundamental is memory, not just some puzzles even my little sister could assemble. So teams who didn't remember or who didn't take a note would actually get stuck. Last season had a better memory challenge. And it wasn't even that good.

Overall, the season is okay. To be quite honest, I kinda liked previous season better than this one. But this season was not exactly bad. Some of the legs were worth watching. Gdansk and Tokyo are awesome. Lisbon and Bandung I are great. Bandung II and Norway are not so bad either.

Jamy winning is amazing. Their Karma theory paid off in their favor. Helping Nicole turned out to be their biggest and best move during the race.

Tim and Marie should give their romantic relationship another shot, like is it just me but these two are totally made for each other. Their little story about how they got into the show is cute. And Marie finally said she loved Tim. LOL. I don't know exactly on what term but carry on...

Nicole and Travis, good luck with the kids...

Lookin' forward to next season ...wait do I? since I already know the teams and it was just  .. Meh!

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »

Really happy for the Timarie Tracole loss.  :cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9

Of the final 4, only Jamy didn't turn my stomach for their attitude and behaviours.  Afghanimals were nasty, Travis turned extremely ugly and emotional abusive to Nicole, and I just plain wanted to snatch Marie bald with her sense of entitlement.

Now on to the "All Time Favs" lol    (GO BRENCHAL)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2013, 06:38:11 AM »
I liked how the Final memory challenge was a Team task vs. a Roadblock.

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2013, 06:52:11 AM »
i must say i really enjoyed this season thanks to Marie
Tim & Marie are officially my favorite racers now

I laughed so hard when the Japanese presenter asked them "are you boyfriendo girlfriendo?"

:cmaslol  :cmaslol  :cmaslol

i'm still happy they won 2nd place.  :xmas146
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
What an amazing finale. So glad one of my favorite teams won.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2013, 07:17:49 AM »
Haven't had the chance to watch the Tokyo leg yet.

Anyways, I actually like the Juneau leg and the memory challenge was great as well! :cmas27

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »
I LOVED the Japan leg, but like TAR 20, I hated the finale :lol:

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
Who would have guessed currency as the final task, when it's been an obvious possibility since the first season?

I thought someone on here speculated that the currency might play a role in the finale back when they got the coins that they used to unlock the cars.  I could be wrong and don't have the time to look.  If I'm right; then, you know who you are.  Take the credit you deserve.  :)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »
I liked how the Final memory challenge was a Team task vs. a Roadblock.

Who would have guessed currency as the final task, when it's been an obvious possibility since the first season?

I thought someone on here speculated that the currency might play a role in the finale back when they got the coins that they used to unlock the cars.  I could be wrong and don't have the time to look.  If I'm right; then, you know who you are.  Take the credit you deserve.  :)

Good job! I was totally blind with that. I never expected that the currency would be their final challenge. I thought since it was Alaska there won't be any of this sorta challenge...

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
I actually prefered Alaska to Tokyo leg, it had just plain awesome tasks!  :cmas26
Though I liked the Japan leg, the speedbump was just... awful. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH JAPAN!  :cmas12
Yay Jason and Amy

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2013, 08:59:38 AM »
Though I liked the Japan leg, the speedbump was just... awful. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH JAPAN!  :cmas12

LOL!!!!. Sorry but I just need to retweet that...

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »
Perhaps it is just me, but the throwing flour from the plane was not linear, and I actually loved it.  I just wished they showed a chart of where each of the contestants' bags fell.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »
Jamy were absolutely intolerable during the finale, sorry, they were just irritating with their OTT-self-righteous attitude - they claim, "they are one of the best teams to ever run the Race." With 6 2nd place finishes? Um, I don't think so - Rachel and Dave/Meghan and Cheyne/Nick and Starr are all calling...! Even Nicole and Travis technically could claim they were better (despite their meltdown from Indo onwards) as they never left the Top 4 once during the whole Race

Offline arubanna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »
I actually prefered Alaska to Tokyo leg, it had just plain awesome tasks!  :cmas26
Yay Jason and Amy

i think you can actually find the rhino thing in Japan, only Japanese do that kind of weird things :cmaslol
TAR 23: The Doctors, The Wives, The Couple, The Exes <3