The Amazing Race International Versions > The Amazing Race: International Versions

TAR LATINOAMERICA - Wishlist, hopes, dreams and future of the franchise.

<< < (2/5) > >>

GonzaloChileno:

--- Quote from: Charlie90 on December 09, 2013, 09:51:51 PM ---What are the chances of actually getting a sixth season?
I remember reading somewhere that Space was going to produce TARLA for three years (those being season 3,4 and 5).

So now that those three years are up, what's next? Is Discovery Channel picking it up once again? I hope so, they seemed to have a lil more budget than Space.

--- End quote ---

I really hope it gets picked up by another channel, i don't dislike Space seasons, but they seem a lot cheaper than the Discovery Channel ones. Anyways, if it does not get picked up by any other channel i won't be sad hahaha. There are plenty of awesome franchises in other countries.

I mean i hate that we got the cheap version of TAR, we Latin Americans deserve something WAY better!

Charlie90:

--- Quote from: El Chileno (S.C) on December 09, 2013, 10:05:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Charlie90 on December 09, 2013, 09:51:51 PM ---What are the chances of actually getting a sixth season?
I remember reading somewhere that Space was going to produce TARLA for three years (those being season 3,4 and 5).

So now that those three years are up, what's next? Is Discovery Channel picking it up once again? I hope so, they seemed to have a lil more budget than Space.

--- End quote ---

I really hope it gets picked up by another channel, i don't dislike Space seasons, but they seem a lot cheaper than the Discovery Channel ones. Anyways, if it does not get picked up by any other channel i won't be sad hahaha. There are plenty of awesome franchises in other countries.

I mean i hate that we got the cheap version of TAR, we Latin Americans deserve something WAY better!

--- End quote ---

Of course we do! Heck some countries from other continents would be awesome..but!....unfortunately, never gonna happen.
Ill be happy as long as they don't spend more than two legs at one country.Curacao was a nice surprise this season. Actually it was the highlight of it.

GonzaloChileno:
Yeah, i loved the Curaçao leg, it was really cool!

So, here is my wishlist:
*More countries visted in each season (atleast 7)
*No more than two legs per country
*Visit new countries and new locations like Paraguay (way overdue in the Latin American version), Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Puerto Rico would be nice, Jamaica, Cuba (we don't have an embargo like Americans do), etc. Southern Chile is way overdue too, we have some nice places to visit.
*No more than two teams per country (we don't want another TARLA 2). Actually, it would be cool to have 11 teams from 11 countries.
*More Detours! (What happened with this season?? 17 Roadblocks and only 7 Detours!!!)
*Keep Toya! She brings the beauty to the show! Hahaha <3
*Real prizes!!! If you are going to be cheap with the route, atleast give some nice trips.
*Some teams are extremely boring (like the Colombian sisters in this season, they were extremely invisible), so having a better casting would be cool.

Alenaveda:
I waited till the end of the season to say what I like to see.

1. No more countries! I repeat it again: the formula of not involving nationalities worked  in a good way in TAR Asia. Why couldn't do it here? It's useless to mantain this concept, that is unique for TARLA. They should notice what happened in the first two seasons where the clash between Argentinians and Brazilians teams reach a point of exacerbation that gave the impression of going to end in something worst than a verbal exchange.

2. Even with the love we have for her, it's time to say good-bye to the registration board at the airports permanently. Or at least in the second half of the season, when it becomes a key factor to not allow the backpack teams to jeopardize the leading of the teams ahead of them unless there's an HoO.

3. Regarding of this last point, I would love to see teams in the need of booking their own flights. This has been providing the best dramma to TAR for the last ten years. If we don't want to be remembered as the "cheaper", "minor", "easier" franchise, it's time to start doing things as the rest of the TAR world.

4. Talking about the TAR world, respect the rules! You can't be taken seriously if you twisted the rules as you want, not following the guidelines that were given to you. If a team loses one or both passport you can't let the members go to the consulate and get new ones the next day; you must give them the chance to retrieve and if they're not able to do it, eliminate them. The rest of the teams are not guilty of your own stupidity. Also be equal with the penalizations: or you follow the general rules or at least use a balance at the moment of apply them.

5. The nonsense of the RBs in this season - 17 -, with the first three legs with only them as tasks. Back to some old joke of mine: please somebody send production a mail with some of the legs created in Latin America by this forum's game hosts. They could learn something on designing legs that include both RB and Detours.

6. Stop with three legs in the same country, please! It wasn't good in TARLA3 and it wasn't either in this season. The beauty of TARLA1 resided - in this topic - in the good balance of the route, with only 2 legs for country and 1 in some of them.

7. Agree with most of my predecesors here: visit countries that haven't been used yet. And if you go to a place you already visited, go to a different area (i.e.: the Atlantic coast of Argentina - I dream of a leg showing the sightings of the whales in Puerto Madryn -). Also the prizes issue is something to correct. Give something good or don't give anything at all until the finish line.

Alenaveda:
One more thing. DON'T EVER DO WHAT THEY DID WITH THE LAST EPISODE: announcing that the final episode will be aired simultaneously by two different networks and then only broadcast it by the same one they've been doing it the whole season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version