Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates ** Delay** Need an Updater!!  (Read 23012 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 23 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates ** Delay** Need an Updater!!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 08:39:14 PM »
Finally 1st for Jamy?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
1st. Jason & Amy

The other teams still struggling at the Detour.
It's Clobbering Time!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »
And we're back...

Leo/Jamal make their way to the Javanese bride place, where all other teams are still making each other up

Jason wondering why they couldn't find the scissors

Amy, "Remember that little thing call karma?!" <333333333

Leo/Jamal get a bit whacked about shaving

Tim and Marie start powdering each other faces - Jay and Amy look as though they're doing well but Tracole are seriously struggling!

Jay and Amy get approved and are on their way to the next Pit Stop! I see a first place!

Pit Stop is the base of the Cimahi Waterfall

Assghanimals make their way back to the tea terrace Detour after not wanting to shave

Meanwhile, Tracole are SERIOUSLY struggling - things are falling off, so Timarie have caught up massively!

Timarie get denied their make-up, but... So do Tracole! They both see if there are minor details - they both look so silly :lol:

And Jay and Amy make their way to Phil... AND IT'S FIRST PLACE!!! <33333

Jay and Amy win a trip to Cancun, Mexico!

Pit Stop Results

1st - Jason/Amy

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
Back! Leo & Jamal are disappointed and switch Detours. "Remember that Lil thing called karma?" The A$$animals must sacrifice their beards to perform the bridal Detour.

Jason & Amy finish stunningly, they must travel to the PS, Cimahi Waterfall.

Leo & Jamal returns tea plantation and tries to find the scissors.

The docs and exes are rejected from their drag looks.

:cheer: JASON & AMY ARRIVE FIRST AT THE PIT STOP!!! :cheer: They get a Travelocity vacation to Cancun!!!

Tim & Marie finish the Dtour! Leo & Jamal find a king cobra, but Jamal jokes about the shears. :-[

Trav & Nic finish the Dtour, and Leo & Jamal keep finding and eventually find a MARKED shear. :funny:

Travis & Nicole and Tim & Marie have a taxi 2 taxi race!!! :luvya: Mojo & Hippie-style Foot race to the Pit Stop!!!

TIM & MARIE - 2nd
TRAV & NIC - 3rd
LEO & JAMAL - Last place / non-eliminated

Preview for Tokyo, Japan next and Leg analysis coming up!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:48:19 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »
Back at the Javanese bride Detour, Tracole are still struggling - Travis think it's the eyebrows; Tim calls him a mess :lol:

They state because there is black paint on their hands, they can't continue forward - they wipe it off, and Timarie are out in the Detour in second!

At the tea-terrace, we are currently experiencing The Fall Of Leo And Jamal! And they bump into... a few snakes :P

Leo jokes he found the scissors :P

Travis notices Nicole's hands are all blackened - so decide to wipe them clean... And they're out the Detour in third! <3 Leo and Jamal still struggling at the Detour...

But they finally found the scissors, so it's now a 3-way taxi race to the next Pit Stop!

Tracole are saying they've done too much to go home now

Timarie are getting paranoid that other teams are passing them as they ride

Marie yelling at the driver to go faster :lol:

Leo/Jamal saying the scissors they found were in the first 3/4 rows they checked - they could have been first!

Tracole and Timarie caught right up with each other after Tracole got stuck in traffic... And they've passed them! <3

It's a footrace...

And Tim and Marie are 2nd! Which makes Tracole 3rd!

Phil comments that Travis looks like an angry showgirl :lol:

Leo/Jamal last... But they are NEL'd :)

Pit Stop Results

1st - Jason/Amy
2nd - Tim/Marie
3rd - Travis/Nicole
4th - Leo/Jamal (NEL'd)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Assghanimals: "From worse to first, just like the Globetrotters said"

MrDeerShank

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »
Next week on the 2 hour season finale of The Amazing Race!

After more than 35000 miles and 9 countries, it all comes down to a Final 4 race to the finish!
Tasks include diving in a giant fishbowl type thing, building some form of robot (Amy helping Nicole again by the looks of things) and being flung down a ramp on a raft :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »
In the preview, they showed teams getting down and crazy at a human bowling party. The mechanical structures are shown at the square with lots of drama. Nothing from the final Leg in Juneau that I know of.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TheWarrior

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »
Is it like a Japanese Game Show kind of thing?

MrDeerShank

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »

That's what the raft/slide thing looked like :tup:

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2013, 08:59:42 PM »
Indonesia delivered again!

At this point I don't really have a problem with it anymore  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
Hopefully not another one. :groan: Nothing can beat "EAT THE WASABI!" :hrt:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
Nicole dissapointed me again this episode, she did a terrible job with Travis' make up :/

Actually I could live without this episode, 3 tasks that took forever but nothing was actually happening, was kinda boring, and it didn't pay off at the end because it was a NEL...

The only positive thing I got was, Jason&Amy's 1st place  :yess:, Leo&Jamal in last  :yess:, Marie's inability to boild eggs  :stare , Tim saying he tried to pick up Jason  :funny:, Leo&Jamal changing because they won't shave their beards  :funny: (I would totally run away if I have to shave to do a challenge btw)

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
 :funny: at Marie. She didn't know how to boild eggs and put them over the water in stead of in the water.  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Leg 10 (Indonesia) Analysis
Wow, I mean wow! As much as I wanted to not like this season's Indonesia route, the planners and editors called me out and proved themselves by delivering a well-planned Leg this time. Looks like the lucky seven works. The scenery of the Javanese forests were spectacular and breathtaking. There were so many incredible moments that went on during this Leg from the cobra consumption to Marie's all-star un-karma at the Roadblock to the foot and taxi race between the doctors and the exes. Also, everything put this Leg as a whole. Nothing and nobody was forgotten.

This Leg has a feature star, the King Cobra House. Its task of eating a fried snake looks challenging, but once you get it down your esophagus, you are pretty much finished and onto the next task. However, it is rubbish compared to the Beijing street delicacies from TAR14. I'd rate it a decent 8/10.

ROADBLOCK: Hard-boil eggs using a hot springs
Not only did the Roadblock finally make its debut first, the egg cooking concluded itself as a really great task. To pass, you need to have an immense amount of patience. (That is key.) You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown, and if your eggs are still raw or still containing runny yolks, you must go back down to the rocky springs and wait longer to hit the right consistency. I was surprised how the guys who did the Roadblock first didn't utilize the "spin method" of trying to cook raw eggs. To see spin method, click on the "Show content" bar :
Show content
SPIN METHOD: To determine if eggs are thoroughly hard-boiled or not, spin an egg on a flat surface. If the egg wobbles, the yolk is not fully cooked. If the egg comes to a stop like a ceiling fan, they are boiled properly.)

ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10

DETOUR: Paint Your Partner or Turn Over A New Leaf
Paint Your Partner is a "pretty" fun task to do. Of course, the male racers must shave before applying the decorative Javanese wedding pieces and make-up to their faces. It shocked me how costly the choice proved to be toward Leo & Jamal not wanting to shave their beards. What would Brandon & Adam do? :lol: The replication takes a good eye and a sense of beautification to win over the judge. (What's with so many wedding tasks this season?) On the other hand, Turn Over a New Leaf, gave me a sense of confusion and luck. I wish they made this a Roadblock though to see all the remaining teams be frustrated about finding a pair of shears in a gorgeous terrace of tea leaves. Both these tasks were unique and awesome on their own way, this deserves a high rating.
DETOUR SCORE: 10/10

OTHER RANDOM SCORES:
SCARY COBRA SCORE: 5/10
Cobras weren't that scary as they were shown fried on a plate. :res: *with regettable amount of confidence*

SEXIEST DRAG QUEENS SCORE: 10/10
NECK-2-NECK RACE SCORE: 8/10
MARIE-BEING-A-BIT¢H SCORE: 4/10
LEO-AND-JAMAL BUSTED-OMETER: 12/10
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:59:56 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 12:28:39 AM »
Thank you Rachel and MrDS!! Great job!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 12:49:33 AM »
I also thought the tasks were well planned and related to the locale. We've seen similar tasks in the past in other locales (search a large field to find a specified object, eating unusual food that locals do eat -- and I won't mention the camel head meat tasks from a number of seasons back). The makeup task seems to be the most unique of the three tonight, although we've had wedding related tasks before.
But the beauty of this episode is that among the final four teams, every good or bad decision had repercussions. In this case, Leo and Jamal made a poor choice in leaving the search task in the first place; and Tim and Marie's problem in figuring out their taxi had taken them to the wrong entrance didn't help, but they made a great recovery in getting through that eating task, the roadblock and the detour and essentially catching up to the other two teams (other than Leo and Jamal.)
It isn't clear to me how far behind Leo and Jamal are in checking in, but I had realized that this leg had to be an NEL, so I wasn't worried about the order of finish. The real question is whether being in last place has any impact in going to the next country or if the Speedbump has an impact on which team is the last team to be eliminated.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 02:01:01 AM »
I thought this was a really good leg tonight! I enjoyed all the challenges and was actually entertained by the taxi ride at the end!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 03:32:55 AM »

ROADBLOCK: Hard-boil eggs using a hot springs
Not only did the Roadblock finally make its debut first, the egg cooking concluded itself as a really great task. To pass, you need to have an immense amount of patience. (That is key.) You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown, and if your eggs are still raw or still containing runny yolks, you must go back down to the rocky springs and wait longer to hit the right consistency. I was surprised how the guys who did the Roadblock first didn't utilize the "spin method" of trying to cook raw eggs. To see spin method, click on the "Show content" bar :
Show content
SPIN METHOD: To determine if eggs are thoroughly hard-boiled or not, spin an egg on a flat surface. If the egg wobbles, the yolk is not fully cooked. If the egg comes to a stop like a ceiling fan, they are boiled properly.)

ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10

The problem with your test is that they didn't have a suitable flat surface to do it on. It was all rocks and dirt around the hot spring.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 03:51:49 AM »
Still have yet to watch.

But after reading tasks and the Wikipedia page, sounds like a promising one!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 05:19:31 AM »
Wonder what was the task at the Volcano?

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 05:42:09 AM »
this leg definitely represents another view of Indonesia's beautiful scenery.
 :hrt:
it's not just traffic jam and cars honking all the time

the cobra eating was okay. I heard cobra eating was actually really good for skin and acne care

the roadblock was okay too. it was tricky, well... I wouldn't call it tricky. It's basically boiling eggs. I have boiled eggs several times. It will need more or less than 15 minutes to get them hard-boiled. Half an hour if you need to boil the water first, but it looks like the water was already boiled by the volcano. Jamal, Jason, and Travis were just too hasty. 8 minutes, 10 minutes, yeah those eggs would still be runny alright! You kinda notice they rarely cooked before.
:funny:

Tim claimed Marie is a good cook so I would actually be surprised if she didn't get it at the first shot even it was her first time boiling eggs. When she just put the basket over the water I was like " Oh yeah okay, that would do it!!!"   :groan:

Eggs would hardly be ruined even if they're over cooked for several minutes. I knew she would just make it over cooked. Good on her part. I'd do the same thing.
 :)

The detour was good. The tea field's scenery was AMAZING! It was like one of the places I wish I had a chance to pay a visit sometimes. The objectives of both sides were too simple but WOW! Ass-animals spent  more than five hours on the detour. They should just take the penalty in the beginning. And you kinda know the makeup thingy would require at least 2 hours, and no mirrors???
 :funny:

the pit-stop was good. it was pretty. I like it...
Jamy won the leg OMG!!!!!!!!
 :yess: :cheer: :wohoo:
You kinda knew with the make up task they would win the leg

Also I was sooooo TIRED of the alliances, especially Jamy and Tracole.  Ass-animals were right on that part. It was okay when there's like 8 or 7 or 6 teams left. But now it's FINAL 4!!!! Other team's downfall could possibly and highly mean your survival!

Looking forward to the finale... Fingers crossed Ass-animals didn't survive Tokyo.
Karma is a bitch! But speed bump is a bigger bitch!  :knuckles:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 06:14:26 AM »
Just watched the episode and I loved it!

Eating the cobra was good, but it is one thing I would really have a hard time doing, but it looked like all teams did it pretty fast. :)

Roadblock was good as well, patience was the only key to this one since you basically just wait and sit down for the eggs to cook.

The Detour was great, I just laughed all the way with how Travis looked :lol: and the tea plantation looked stunning!

The Pit Stop was amazing, great location! ;)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2013, 06:42:39 AM »
Wonder what was the task at the Volcano?

Did you not watch the episode ???

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »

You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown,

Temp of boiling water is a pretty well known science constant.....212 F or 100 C @ sea level. Did we not pay attention in science class? As you go up in altitude, water boils at lower temps, but that volcano is not Mt Everest. So the differential is really small. Dissolved mineral/salts in the water could raise the boiling point a bit. Add a minute to normal time for making hard boiled eggs would have taken care of the problem.

Apparently, as a group, it seems that none of them make hard boiled eggs and really didn't have knowledge of how long it takes........lol
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:31:38 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15