Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates ** Delay** Need an Updater!!

<< < (13/13)

theschnauzers:

--- Quote from: Nyoman_SB1 on December 02, 2013, 11:06:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zachary on December 02, 2013, 10:16:17 AM ---When teams got their next clue after completing the RB, it was a detour clue

but on this picture below, there was another clue box behind Tim and Marie when they read their Detour clue. I wondered if the clue from the Roadblock was actually a Route Info that lead them to this location and the production cut that part...

--- End quote ---

Yup.. you're right. this is at the main parking lot and behind them is another crater (Ratu crater). i don't understand why the production cut this part

--- End quote ---

The editors often cut out all references to a route marker or task, and try to make it seem that the Racers are reading the clue to the next location that is being used. That's when you will see such inconsistencies on screen.

Nyoman_SB1:
i think Bandung is the best Indonesian legs since TAR 19 in Yogyakarta. loved the tasks, and locations. i lived in Bandung for 2 years but i didn't know there is a beautiful waterfall in Cimahi  :-[

Zachary:

--- Quote from: Nyoman_SB1 on December 02, 2013, 11:06:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zachary on December 02, 2013, 10:16:17 AM ---When teams got their next clue after completing the RB, it was a detour clue

but on this picture below, there was another clue box behind Tim and Marie when they read their Detour clue. I wondered if the clue from the Roadblock was actually a Route Info that lead them to this location and the production cut that part...

--- End quote ---

Yup.. you're right. this is at the main parking lot and behind them is another crater (Ratu crater). i don't understand why the production cut this part

--- End quote ---

That crater looks beautiful I wish we get more scenery of that...
The editors probably cut it because there was no necessary placement changes from the roadblock to arriving at that crater... dang!

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: Plaidmoon on December 02, 2013, 03:32:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on December 01, 2013, 09:53:46 PM ---
ROADBLOCK: Hard-boil eggs using a hot springs
Not only did the Roadblock finally make its debut first, the egg cooking concluded itself as a really great task. To pass, you need to have an immense amount of patience. (That is key.) You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown, and if your eggs are still raw or still containing runny yolks, you must go back down to the rocky springs and wait longer to hit the right consistency. I was surprised how the guys who did the Roadblock first didn't utilize the "spin method" of trying to cook raw eggs. To see spin method, click on the "Show content" bar : Show contentSPIN METHOD: To determine if eggs are thoroughly hard-boiled or not, spin an egg on a flat surface. If the egg wobbles, the yolk is not fully cooked. If the egg comes to a stop like a ceiling fan, they are boiled properly.)
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10
--- End quote ---

The problem with your test is that they didn't have a suitable flat surface to do it on. It was all rocks and dirt around the hot spring.

--- End quote ---
If they did the egg test on the path Roadblock performers had to run on to get to the motorbikes, it could work. :tup:

Plaidmoon:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on December 03, 2013, 06:46:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Plaidmoon on December 02, 2013, 03:32:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on December 01, 2013, 09:53:46 PM ---
ROADBLOCK: Hard-boil eggs using a hot springs
Not only did the Roadblock finally make its debut first, the egg cooking concluded itself as a really great task. To pass, you need to have an immense amount of patience. (That is key.) You must wait a proper amount of time to boil eggs since the temperature is unknown, and if your eggs are still raw or still containing runny yolks, you must go back down to the rocky springs and wait longer to hit the right consistency. I was surprised how the guys who did the Roadblock first didn't utilize the "spin method" of trying to cook raw eggs. To see spin method, click on the "Show content" bar : Show contentSPIN METHOD: To determine if eggs are thoroughly hard-boiled or not, spin an egg on a flat surface. If the egg wobbles, the yolk is not fully cooked. If the egg comes to a stop like a ceiling fan, they are boiled properly.)
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10
--- End quote ---

The problem with your test is that they didn't have a suitable flat surface to do it on. It was all rocks and dirt around the hot spring.

--- End quote ---
If they did the egg test on the path Roadblock performers had to run on to get to the motorbikes, it could work. :tup:

--- End quote ---

OK, I hadn't thought of that. It's still probably easier to just give them an extra 3-5 minutes and be absolutely sure they are done rather than run back up the steps and risk having to run back down again. Also, it became apparent when the guy cut them open that some eggs had cooked more than others, so you might have to spin most or all to be sure. Not that the teams would have expected that at the time. I'm guessing the eggs on top may have only been partially submerged and cooked a little less than the others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version