Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79565 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2014, 08:24:21 AM »
5. If you don't think you can get the cast you need for a All Stars season then push it back or rename. I know that casting can be a logical nightmare especially when casting a returning season but if you are unsure the cast is worthy of being called All Stars then change the subtitle. Unfinished Business was a good subtitle and theme for the season, Redemption would of worked well for this season.
The thing is, there were plenty other teams who actually were better All-Star worthy teams, yet they decided NOT to invite them.   
Bertram and Co: :crazy:

Which makes it even more blaffling as to why they brought back Cowboys, Globes & Margie & Luke. We could have had the Chippendales, Trey & Lexi, Tim & Marie, Bill & Cathi, Amani & Marcus, Max & Katie, Pam & Winnie, Abbie & Ryan, James & Abba hell I would of been happy to see Joey "Fitness" and Danny return.

Tim & Marie and Max & Katie were invited, but the two teams declined it. :( I wish they were in this season.
If I'm not mistaken, Amani & Marcus were also invited.
As for the other teams, I don't know what happened, but all of those teams above deserves to return.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »
This has definitely been one of the weakest seasons to date. To be fair, there seems to be an amount of last minute substitutions going on, so I'll take that into account. But that's so excuse, sorry!

I have to complain about the stationing of the Double U-Turn. First of all, I do not think it's fair for a team to be U-Turned and then before they complete the other side of the Detour they are allowed to U-Turn another team?! I think that's just silly to penalise another team before you have even served your own penalty. It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention when the U-Turn is positioned pointlessly and just completely goes to waste.
The Double U-Turn is a great concept because unlike a single U-Turn, it gives the team a chance to face an opponent, however it has only been played out how it should in a few circumstances.

It is one of the weakest seasons and the ratings are showing for it. I really think there needs to be a major change within the Race management and possibly a uplifting to casting.

That's why we have this thread.  :) All we should hope for now... is that TAR will follow at least most of them.
About the U-turn, I think it shouldn't be a W-turn all the time. I still miss the yield. :( There should be a combination of the yields and U-turns, but each team has only one yield/U-turn power per race.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
This has definitely been one of the weakest seasons to date. To be fair, there seems to be an amount of last minute substitutions going on, so I'll take that into account. But that's so excuse, sorry!

I have to complain about the stationing of the Double U-Turn. First of all, I do not think it's fair for a team to be U-Turned and then before they complete the other side of the Detour they are allowed to U-Turn another team?! I think that's just silly to penalise another team before you have even served your own penalty. It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention when the U-Turn is positioned pointlessly and just completely goes to waste.
The Double U-Turn is a great concept because unlike a single U-Turn, it gives the team a chance to face an opponent, however it has only been played out how it should in a few circumstances.

I like how the U-Turn is played out and I do not think they should change it because then what might happen is by the time a team finishes both detours, they could be in last place and have no way to save themselves. I like Double U-Turns way more that the single ones because it means just because you are U-Turned, doesn't mean you are out. I like them, and they shouldn't be changed IMO. They can throw in some Yields and I would love to see them back, but not the single U-Turn.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in this thread: I want to see every team's arrival time at all the pit stops.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »
TAR really needs to do something about having actual competition on the RACE.

This is still is Race, right?  You can help other teams and have alliances and such, but I don't think we've ever seen this level of idiocy (and yes, it is idiotic) ever on the Race.  These people are waiting around for other teams for goodness sakes. WTF.

I don't know how to fix that though.  Maybe it's part of improving casting? 

Don Task

« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
That's because teams only care about the first or last place. If they know that they aren't first and they aren't last, they actually don't care if they finish on 3rd, 5th or 7th position. Some teams would rather help another team with the hope, that they will return the favor later in the race. It's just the tactics.

Teams need to be motivated to finish higher!

For example: Sometime during the race there will be task where the position from the last leg would play a huge role. For example a roadblock where teams have to find the correct key to the lock. First team will have 100 locks to find from, 2nd team 110 and so on.

All teams would know there is this kind of challenge where the order matters. (Phil would tell them this during his speech at the starting line. He will say: "There is a new twist this season" and camera crane would shoot faces of all teams with shocked faces (slightly affected, of course).) But they won't know when that happens. So they're motivated to finish as high as possible every single leg.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:53:28 PM by Don Task »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in this thread: I want to see every team's arrival time at all the pit stops.
I think the reason they don't do this is because last place teams are sometimes not needed to do some or any of the tasks the leg they fall far behind and that would kind of misguide the viewers as to how far behind the team was.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
5. If you don't think you can get the cast you need for a All Stars season then push it back or rename. I know that casting can be a logical nightmare especially when casting a returning season but if you are unsure the cast is worthy of being called All Stars then change the subtitle. Unfinished Business was a good subtitle and theme for the season, Redemption would of worked well for this season.
The thing is, there were plenty other teams who actually were better All-Star worthy teams, yet they decided NOT to invite them.   
Bertram and Co: :crazy:

Which makes it even more blaffling as to why they brought back Cowboys, Globes & Margie & Luke. We could have had the Chippendales, Trey & Lexi, Tim & Marie, Bill & Cathi, Amani & Marcus, Max & Katie, Pam & Winnie, Abbie & Ryan, James & Abba hell I would of been happy to see Joey "Fitness" and Danny return.

Tim & Marie and Max & Katie were invited, but the two teams declined it. :( I wish they were in this season.
If I'm not mistaken, Amani & Marcus were also invited.
As for the other teams, I don't know what happened, but all of those teams above deserves to return.
Bill & Cathi couldn't return because TAR24 was filmed during winter season school days and Cathi said she worked as a college instructor in her TAR19 bio on CBS. Plus, they live on a ranch, Bill must take care of livestock and crops during the winter...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:44:50 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »
I have an interesting idea called "The Split-up".

This would would be similar to having a detour made up of two roadblocks, where one team member does one, and the other member does the other. Both team members must finish before continuing, and the no help or encouragement or help can be given until both people are unseparated.

Also, mid-leg transportation and departure times help to give more value to the running positions of teams.

Finally, helping is actually a very strategic tactic, when done correctly. I don't see anyone complaining about the alliance in season 21. Besides, it is their race for their money, so don't complain about how they do it. If you don't like it, don't watch.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
That's because teams only care about the first or last place. If they know that they aren't first and they aren't last, they actually don't care if they finish on 3rd, 5th or 7th position. Some teams would rather help another team with the hope, that they will return the favor later in the race. It's just the tactics.

Teams need to be motivated to finish higher!

For example: Sometime during the race there will be task where the position from the last leg would play a huge role. For example a roadblock where teams have to find the correct key to the lock. First team will have 100 locks to find from, 2nd team 110 and so on.

All teams would know there is this kind of challenge where the order matters. (Phil would tell them this during his speech at the starting line. He will say: "There is a new twist this season" and camera crane would shoot faces of all teams with shocked faces (slightly affected, of course).) But they won't know when that happens. So they're motivated to finish as high as possible every single leg.

I like the twist. :) I just wouldn't want to have that on a linear leg.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2014, 10:21:53 PM »
How about finally letting teams drive on the Final Leg?
Or finding a way to eliminate taxi luck from the equation?

Think the closest we've come to something like it, I don't know, maybe TAR3 in Seattle or TAR16 in San Francisco where teams had to run around the city for a little bit?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »
How about finally letting teams drive on the Final Leg?
Or finding a way to eliminate taxi luck from the equation?

Think the closest we've come to something like it, I don't know, maybe TAR3 in Seattle or TAR16 in San Francisco where teams had to run around the city for a little bit?
Seattle was all taxi travel. Kerry Park (in northwest Seattle neighborhood), the International Fountain (downtown), Lincoln Park (Southwest Seattle), and Gas Works (across Lake Union) have no correlation in walkable places. Basically, teams only ran about in the parks, not really going from one place to another place.

TAR21's NYC Leg did pretty good with that running around Manhattan with the pizza delivery task.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2014, 11:30:29 PM »
How about a change to the non-elimination penalty where teams have to pick out of a hat (or pick from envelopes Phil holds) with the choices being:
-Speed Bump
-Automatic U-Turn
-Marked for Elimination

Of course, it'd be a waste of money to have a Speed Bump all ready and not get used though (like the FF), but maybe a simple to set up Speed Bump.  (Anyway, TAR loves simple Speed Bumps anyway hmph. lol)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
How about a change to the non-elimination penalty where teams have to pick out of a hat (or pick from envelopes Phil holds) with the choices being:
-Speed Bump
-Automatic U-Turn
-Marked for Elimination

Of course, it'd be a waste of money to have a Speed Bump all ready and not get used though (like the FF), but maybe a simple to set up Speed Bump.  (Anyway, TAR loves simple Speed Bumps anyway hmph. lol)

Oh, it's good. I LIKE your idea.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2014, 03:00:28 AM »
-Speed Bump
-Automatic U-Turn
-Marked for Elimination

I love that idea!  :conf: There are probably more NEL penalties aside from those 3, but those 3 are the best 3 already.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2014, 10:15:09 PM »
Yeah, there could be plenty more choices.
What would be the equivalent of a U-Turn/Detour for the Road Block where both team members must complete the RB, separately. 

The Interchange? The Toll Plaza?  lol, I dunno.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2014, 10:28:50 PM »
Unblock road? Unblock? Because a roadblock requires one team member to perform, so unblocking would require both to do it? :lol:
But the U-turn counterpart for the roadblock is definitely one of my least favorite wishes.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2014, 09:06:45 AM »
Unblock road? Unblock? Because a roadblock requires one team member to perform, so unblocking would require both to do it? :lol:
But the U-turn counterpart for the roadblock is definitely one of my least favorite wishes.
I agree. It would mess up the RB counts. (ex: In TAR18, each team member had to do 6 RBs) The RB-Turn would just make one team member do many more RBs than the other.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »
I know this has been mentioned by possibly EVERY member on here, but I need to stress it again. :lol:
PLEASE CBS, we NEED more memorable, average Joe teams!

I'm mainly aiming this at the M/F teams, as most of the F/F & M/M teams have been great, with the exception of some of the professional athlete / minor celebrity teams.

I'm sick of all these generic, no personality, couples that have been cast just because they have that "air-brushed model" look to them, which makes them look great on TV. E.g. Jason & Amy (I know people like them but I really didn't), John & Jessica (S22 only), Meghan & Cheyne, Nick & Star, Abbie & Ryan, Trey & Lexi, Dave & Rachel (Possibly my most hated winners EVER), Ernie & Cindy, Jill & Thomas... Etc...  :res:

We need to go back to the days when the cast was made up of great, everyday people.  Compare the above teams to the likes of Steve & Debra, David & Mary, Steve & Linda, Lenny & Karyn, Anthony & Stephanie, and I'd even go as far as saying Kynt & Vyxsin from S12 because they so were different from anything we'd seen before on the race.  :wohoo:

Yes, I know most of the teams I named weren't the best racers, but watching teams like these that have never travelled and just want to live the experience and see the world, is much more entertaining, and enjoyable for the viewer, (well for me anyway) then watching a bunch of teams that probably grew up with a privileged background, that have probably done some travelling and probably don't even need them money that much.   :groan:

That's why I LOVED Brendan & Adam, because they're so different and wanted the money for good intentions, just like Mark & Bopper.

Ohhh well, I can only dream.  :pity

Rant over. :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2014, 10:40:10 AM »
tbh the cowboys were unique....................... #justsaying #butnotafterthreetimes

and you need your token model/nice/cute looking couple every season because you need to appeal to everyone? i mean you like average joe teams but there are those who don't..

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2014, 10:59:47 AM »
I'm sick of all these generic, no personality, couples that have been cast just because they have that "air-brushed model" look to them, which makes them look great on TV. E.g. Jason & Amy (I know people like them but I really didn't), John & Jessica (S22 only), Meghan & Cheyne, Nick & Star, Abbie & Ryan, Trey & Lexi, Dave & Rachel (Possibly my most hated winners EVER), Ernie & Cindy, Jill & Thomas... Etc...  :res:

Nick & Starr were siblings, not a couple, but yeah, I agree with all that you have said. :)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
tbh the cowboys were unique....................... #justsaying #butnotafterthreetimes

and you need your token model/nice/cute looking couple every season because you need to appeal to everyone? i mean you like average joe teams but there are those who don't..

Thing is I love the Cowboys, and will always love them, whether they race 3 times or 33 times! :lol:

I'm not saying get rid of the model/cute teams altogether, but to just decrease the amount of them per season, and increase number of the everyday people.  Because if you think back to the original seasons, E.g. S1 - about S7 or S9, 8 or 9 of the teams, would be considered everyday, Average Joe people, where as in recent seasons we're lucky to find 1 or 2 Average Joe teams in a season.  :groan:
It's kinda similar to how CBS have stopped casting older teams, which I think is an absolute disgrace! (:;)

Nick & Starr were siblings, not a couple, but yeah, I agree with all that you have said. :)

Sorry, that was my bad, I just meant M/F teams in general, when I said couples. :lol:
But, yea, at least I'm not on my own with that opinion.  :hearts:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:27:22 AM by nmccarroll91 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »
our average joe teams?

tar 23 - tim/danny, brandon/adam, rowan/shane
tar 22 - chuck/wynona
tar 21 - gary/will, rob/kelley?
tar 20 - bopper/mark, dave/cherie, elliot/andrew (average enough like any kami and karli)?

we've had average joes every season.. and it depends on what you deem as average. i am assuming you are thinking no-name random people..

then just TAR 23 alone, we had 7/11 very "average people" teams? all except the NFL wives, the NFL team mates, Jason and Amy and Ice Crew girls... right?

and TAR 22 had 6-7 average teams, if you don't count the hockey brothers, country singers, youtube hosts, cancer team and even the roller derby moms, who i think are very average?? we had football moms in tar 3 as well and they are average too? so are nicky and kim considered average in your opinion?

not trying to be rude here but i'm just really interested to know what you mean by average (because imo there have been a fair share of really normal teams)... or do you solely mean the need to cast more older teams? :funny:

:)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
our average joe teams?

tar 23 - tim/danny, brandon/adam, rowan/shane
tar 22 - chuck/wynona
tar 21 - gary/will, rob/kelley?
tar 20 - bopper/mark, dave/cherie, elliot/andrew (average enough like any kami and karli)?

we've had average joes every season.. and it depends on what you deem as average. i am assuming you are thinking no-name random people..

then just TAR 23 alone, we had 7/11 very "average people" teams? all except the NFL wives, the NFL team mates, Jason and Amy and Ice Crew girls... right?

and TAR 22 had 6-7 average teams, if you don't count the hockey brothers, country singers, youtube hosts, cancer team and even the roller derby moms, who i think are very average?? we had football moms in tar 3 as well and they are average too? so are nicky and kim considered average in your opinion?

not trying to be rude here but i'm just really interested to know what you mean by average (because imo there have been a fair share of really normal teams)... or do you solely mean the need to cast more older teams? :funny:

:)

Yea, I'd be talking about no-name people, that haven't been on TV before.
Again, I'm not saying get rid of the athlete teams either, but just cut the number of these teams as well.
If it was up to me, this would be my Dream Cast -

1 Cute/Model M/F Team
1 Older M/F Team
1 Older M/M or F/F Team
1 Athlete / Celeb M/M or F/F Team

Then the rest of the teams made up of Average Joe Teams.

Maybe it's because most the "Average Joe" teams that have been cast recently haven't been all that interesting, or memorable.
Sure we've had Bopper & Mark who's become one of the biggest fan favourite teams in the Post UB seasons, but in 2 or 3 years time who's really gonna remember Tim & Danny, Rowan & Shane, Brendan & Adam or even Matt & Daniel from S22.

I'd consider the Soccer Moms from S3 average, and Nicky & Kim not, but the only reason for that is because Nicky & Kim seemed to talk about being Baseball Wives for quite a lot of the season, and I think they kinda considered themselves more famous then they actually are? Although I do love them, which was extremely surprising because they weren't that likeable at the start of the race.  :hrt:

But honestly, the thing I'd say is the key definition of an Average Joe team, is a team that would change their entire life for the better with $1 Million.  I know that every team could change their lives with that amount of money, but I'm talking about teams like Bopper & Mark that could use the money to help their family and improve their standard of living.

Look at Brenchel, they DON'T need that money, I mean Rachel's already won Big Brother, and then you have the likes of Chynona, or Mark & Mallory (Bopper Included), who are total opposite of them and definitely would've benefited greatly from getting the money.
I'd even go as far as saying the Cowboys could do with the money because of Jet getting all his cattle stolen.  Only for that I wouldn't be putting the Cowboys on this list.

They also do need to cast more older people. :lol:

I'm not sure if I've really explained what I mean by Average Joe that well, but you can let me know if you get me now.  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:43:15 PM by nmccarroll91 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »
i just think there have been many average teams just that in recent seasons, the not-so-average ones got further as compared to in the earlier seasons. that's all. :kuss: