Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79591 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2014, 07:49:49 AM »
Just speculation that maybe one Melbourne leg and 2 Philippines leg were cancelled.

:faint: :gaah: :ascared :'( :'( :'(

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2014, 02:39:29 AM »
I'd love to see another east coast start since it has been so long since we have seen one. The last time we got one was a europe first leg and the last time we had one was TAR17. Maybe we will get one for TAR25.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »
I'd love to see another east coast start since it has been so long since we have seen one. The last time we got one was a europe first leg and the last time we had one was TAR17. Maybe we will get one for TAR25.
Yes! The Los Angeles - TAR relationship is now like the plague, repetitively infesting the TAR course and getting sick of it. I'd like them to start and finish in cities BESIDES L.A. Even a start in West Virginia could do justice for variety.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2014, 06:20:49 PM »
I'd LOVE for the Intro to HAVE THE TEAMS IN IT!

Hopefully they'll use it once they have the updated intro with teams racing....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2014, 11:14:50 PM »
I'd LOVE for the Intro to HAVE THE TEAMS IN IT!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2014, 12:47:53 AM »
I was bored and compiled most of everything said in this thread. So here you go:

TASKS & ROUTE MARKERS
- a good, difficult, confusing finale memory challenge
- increase number of U-Turns, and/or bring back Yield, Intersection, Hazard, and single U-Turns
- a difficult starting line task
- increase the number of night legs
- increase self-navigation and self-driving
- bring back the departure time slots for the next day of the earlier seasons
- odd eliminations (e.g. at Keep Racing legs, double-elimination at Leg 11)
- remove Keep Racing legs if it's not going to be a double-length leg with a bunching transportation in between.
- choose another starting line city
- visit new countries and one-time visited countries more
- no linear tasks, get tasks that are confusing and would take timeand change placements (and not 5-minute tasks where teams finish in the order they went in. IIRC, they used to cut those out of the episode, and now...)
- increase difficulty of all tasks, especially Fast Forwards
- present Fast Forward as a strategic option rather than an auto-first place button. And never just have ONE Fast Forward per season (e.g. 4 to 6)
- try a season of not visiting Asia
- allow teams the more freedom of choice for transportation

EDITING
- more than one-hour premieres (1.5 or 2 hours long) that features only the first leg, making it a difficult one.
- return the suspenseful and grandeur feeling of the music of the pre-S18 seasons.
- DO NOT encourage team theme songs
- add effects akin to TAR Canada and TAR Australia
- don't skip any teams' arrival and finishes in tasks and clue boxes, I mean c'mon.
- don't cut the intro's team montage
- equal airtime for teams

OTHERS
- the location signpost at each pit stop.
- return of the Elimination Station.
- Behind the Scenes type of program for TAR
- make clues so teams actually have to decipher them.
- allow teams to find a Fern (a local tag-along helping a team)
- allow teams to interact with each other during downtime and show some of it
- add a fresh twist per season
- cut teams evenly (e.g. for production-provided flights) but never too far apart

CASTING
- change of mechanics of casting the teams
- increase everyday people teams and decrease used-to-camera teams or pro-athlete teams
- return of teams from the very early seasons for an All Star season (S1-S13, S19)
- increase number of all-female teams per season (constant number 4 MM teams, and a record 8 MF teams in S6)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2014, 11:49:22 PM »
I agree with generally everything Karpov617 addressed. Though... the signed twists could be refreshed. It has been since TAR12 we have last seen a different power that can be used to slow down other teams (TAR17 is just an additional U-Turn, not a brand new signage).

After TAR24, there's no way I'm paying attention to any more returning teams especially those who don't even deserve it (John & Jess, Caroline & Jennifer, three-timers). Also, I don't know why, but ever since TAR18, I've started to grow apart from rooting for F/F teams. It's not because TAR17 & 18 had F/F winners in a row, it's simply because they show minimal or tiring personalities. I want to see F/F teams who have racing spirit, and actually have a sister-like bond with each other. Not some Ally & Ashley "get this over with" attitude (no offense).

Also, let's see a new non-elimination consequence instead of the Speed Bump. I actually enjoyed "marked for elimination" and being stripped of almost all belongings more since Speed Bumps have gotten more and more restrained/budgeted. The first ever one dealing with yoga rocked since Kynt & Vyxsin had to travel to another place and challenge themselves physically to quickly finish it before going back to where they left off. Now take the previous episode's for example, add one color to 15 t-shirts in the same factory as the Roadblock to continue racing. That's basic comprehension, not very challenging.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2014, 07:27:27 AM »
Speedbumps are usually easy, but after seeing the last one, I think TAR should change the non-elimination penalty. (I'm getting bored with it being unchanged.) MFE was one of the best I could remember.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »
More of a wish, but it's also something I wanna see: Have a NEL with 10 teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »
For me, I just hope TAR doesn't follow such a typical type of route again.

LEG 1-2: China
3-4: Malaysia
5-6: Sri Lanka
7-8: Italy

I think the most we should have is 2 legs in the same country twice in a season. (Always China/India) (TAR Allstars had 2 legs in the same country thrice... but Australia is HUGE, same with China and I can really pardon that) As compared to Malaysia and Sri Lanka which is really small (as comparable) and I really think they should have just moved on to another country. Even then, Malaysia showed 2 sides of the country (the developed and the rural side).. but Sri Lanka did nothing for me.

But I really feel that considering the budget and how close each country is to each other, they could have easily done another country in the following leg. For example, go down to Singapore if they had to add to the country list (I don't care if S'pore has nothing to offer)... because if they can go to Indonesia four times in five seasons, they can go to Singapore for the third time.

They could have easily went to India after Sri Lanka as well, or Swiss and Slovenia after Italy... Such a route like what we had for this Allstars is really boring, especially when there's NO new countries and NO new teams...

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2014, 05:18:04 AM »
Most seasons have thrice? TAR20 Argentina/Tanzania/India, TAR21 China/Indonesia/Bangladesh, TAR22 Fr. Pol/Botswana/UK, TAR23 Chile/UAE/Indonesia?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2014, 05:22:40 AM »
Only in recent seasons especially?... which is really disappointing. It used to be 2 countries twice in a season and then suddenly in recent seasons... (and worst, this season), it's 4 times for the first 8 legs. -_-

I know TAR 5 has thrice too. Argentina, Egypt and Phil~

I think I'm more particular about it for this season because I don't remember another season where they did double legs in the same country FOUR times in a row.

TAR 2 did it 4 times for Brazil, Thailand, Aussie (FOUR different continents too!) and USA but they had other countries in between so there's really like much more variety.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:26:16 AM by Jobby »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2014, 06:40:07 AM »
Double legs in countries are fine if the destinations are sufficiently different. TAR 18 had double legs in Australia, China, and India, but each leg featured a different area of the country. Guangzhou and Colombo should have been one leg, but admittedly bad weather messed up a lot of the producers' plans I feel.

More importantly, please no more three-continent routes. This race spent way too much time in Asia.

Don Task

« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2014, 08:23:01 AM »
The only case when I root for double leg is when a new country is featured. For example the Czech Republic in 15, Philippines in 5 or Malawi in 19. Three or more double legs in one season are killing the spirit of the Amazing Race. For me, there is nothing worse.

Talking about new countries... I fully understand that it might be quite hard to travel and arrange all these customs/tax/travel/safety things. But there are many countries, members of the European Union, that haven't been visited. For example Slovakia, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia... they are quite easily accessible, cheaper than Italy/Spain, can bring fresh ideas (I have tons of them in my head now), very safe and thanks to EU, customs and permit related issues are not complicated.

This MUST be improved.

Since fall's seasons are shoot in summer, when the weather in Europe tends to be beautiful, I hope and quite believe we will see a new (european?) country this fall. Otherwise, the spirit of the Amazing Race will be gone for me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:37:14 PM by Don Task »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2014, 10:31:33 PM »
We're about two thirds of the way through the season and we have only been to four countries   :crazy:  :gaah:

My overall thoughts are this would be a good season if wasn't All Stars. This season could of been so much better but if anything positive comes out of this season is I hope that the producer's have learnt the following lessons

1. No more hybrid teams. They just haven't worked at all.

2. No more three-timers. They haven't really bought anything to the table at all and have proven to be wasted spots that could of been better filled.

3. Don't try to lie about the route. The average viewer is expecting four continents and nine countries because that is what they were told they would get. The average viewer doesn't like being lied to CBS

4. Don't try to build up sob stories when it is going to backfire. Case in point with Dave & Connor, the casuals have turned on them as of this episode for Dave's whining, If a team has a major change in personality and it is obvious don't lie to us in the edit. The casual fans have turned new leafs on Brenchel and the Afghanimals and it shows.

5. If you don't think you can get the cast you need for a All Stars season then push it back or rename. I know that casting can be a logical nightmare especially when casting a returning season but if you are unsure the cast is worthy of being called All Stars then change the subtitle. Unfinished Business was a good subtitle and theme for the season, Redemption would of worked well for this season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
5. If you don't think you can get the cast you need for a All Stars season then push it back or rename. I know that casting can be a logical nightmare especially when casting a returning season but if you are unsure the cast is worthy of being called All Stars then change the subtitle. Unfinished Business was a good subtitle and theme for the season, Redemption would of worked well for this season.
The thing is, there were plenty other teams who actually were better All-Star worthy teams, yet they decided NOT to invite them.   
Bertram and Co: :crazy:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »
The thing is, there were plenty other teams who actually were better All-Star worthy teams, yet they decided NOT to invite them.   
Bertram and Co: :crazy:

Which makes it even more blaffling as to why they brought back Cowboys, Globes & Margie & Luke. We could of had the Chippendales, Trey & Lexi, Tim & Marie, Bill & Cathi, Amani & Marcus, Max & Katie, Pam & Winnie, Abbie & Ryan, James & Abba hell I would of been happy to see Joey "Fitness" and Danny return.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »
This has definitely been one of the weakest seasons to date. To be fair, there seems to be an amount of last minute substitutions going on, so I'll take that into account. But that's so excuse, sorry!

I have to complain about the stationing of the Double U-Turn. First of all, I do not think it's fair for a team to be U-Turned and then before they complete the other side of the Detour they are allowed to U-Turn another team?! I think that's just silly to penalise another team before you have even served your own penalty. It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention when the U-Turn is positioned pointlessly and just completely goes to waste.
The Double U-Turn is a great concept because unlike a single U-Turn, it gives the team a chance to face an opponent, however it has only been played out how it should in a few circumstances.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »
This has definitely been one of the weakest seasons to date. To be fair, there seems to be an amount of last minute substitutions going on, so I'll take that into account. But that's so excuse, sorry!

I have to complain about the stationing of the Double U-Turn. First of all, I do not think it's fair for a team to be U-Turned and then before they complete the other side of the Detour they are allowed to U-Turn another team?! I think that's just silly to penalise another team before you have even served your own penalty. It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention when the U-Turn is positioned pointlessly and just completely goes to waste.
The Double U-Turn is a great concept because unlike a single U-Turn, it gives the team a chance to face an opponent, however it has only been played out how it should in a few circumstances.

It is one of the weakest seasons and the ratings are showing for it. I really think there needs to be a major change within the Race management and possibly a uplifting to casting.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2014, 04:52:30 AM »
This isn't the amazing race anymore, this is the amazing friends tbh

The helping in TAR24's Leg 8 is completely disgusting and weird.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2014, 05:05:18 AM »

Hopefully they fix that in the next season, Even the casuals are tired of it. Speaking of the casuals. They've almost completely turned on the season. From the sounds of it the Cowboys are the only team left that they all like.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2014, 05:09:05 AM »

+ +++ ++ :groan:

I mean I might help someone out once or twice if I were ever on the race in order to get some help back, if I needed it. But just going around handing Christmas presents to everybody and giving out answers and all IS TOO MUCH. It's not even like you have an alliance with 1 particular team and don't want them to be out; these people are seriously helping everyone that's currently at the task :res:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2014, 05:10:40 AM »

Hopefully they fix that in the next season, Even the casuals are tired of it. Speaking of the casuals. They've almost completely turned on the season. From the sounds of it the Cowboys are the only team left that they all like.

And (maybe) Brenchel <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2014, 05:12:32 AM »

And (maybe) Brenchel <3

Casuals are sort of coming around to Brenchel which is interesting.  They are also starting to like the Afghanimals as well but that may change with what appears to happen next week.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2014, 08:19:21 AM »
We're about two thirds of the way through the season and we have only been to four countries   :crazy:  :gaah:

My overall thoughts are this would be a good season if wasn't All Stars. This season could of been so much better but if anything positive comes out of this season is I hope that the producer's have learnt the following lessons

1. No more hybrid teams. They just haven't worked at all.

2. No more three-timers. They haven't really bought anything to the table at all and have proven to be wasted spots that could've been better filled.

3. Don't try to lie about the route. The average viewer is expecting four continents and nine countries because that is what they were told they would get. The average viewer doesn't like being lied to CBS

4. Don't try to build up sob stories when it is going to backfire. Case in point with Dave & Connor, the casuals have turned on them as of this episode for Dave's whining, If a team has a major change in personality and it is obvious don't lie to us in the edit. The casual fans have turned new leafs on Brenchel and the Afghanimals and it shows.

1.) The first one worked.

2.) Yeah, they could've been filled better. :(

3.) The route now is a replacement one, IIRC. But they should've given the edited info instead. :(

5.) Agree 125%