Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79595 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »
Not so much a change as such, but more a what NOT do to.
Please CBS, don't do what you did at the beginning of last nights episode. I want to see the Intro.
That is all. :lol:
I guess it's permanent now.  CBS gets an extra 30 second commercial I guess.
 (:;)

So anyway... what do you call what they did for that slow-mo Brenchel Detour montage?  Not just slow motion, but it was a more cinematic visual style that's standard on TARAu and TARC I believe.   I wish TAR would do that for entire episodes.

I was watching it like -  :wtf: when that happened. Really didn't like it!  :res:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2014, 08:05:56 PM »
Please CBS, don't do what you did at the beginning of last nights episode. I want to see the Intro.
I guess it's permanent now.  CBS gets an extra 30 second commercial I guess.
 (:;)

So anyway... what do you call what they did for that slow-mo Brenchel Detour montage?  Not just slow motion, but it was a more cinematic visual style that's standard on TARAu and TARC I believe.   I wish TAR would do that for entire episodes.

I'm caling it the 'Survivor cut'.  :) Now I don't watch Survivor, so I don't know if they use it often (or use it at all), but I think it's appropriate for that scene. They where in the Bornean forest and Brendon & Rachel were in a task that was very tribal themed. I laughed when I saw it (particularly because Brendon & Rachel are now in the CBS's Big 3 reality shows). I liked it, but I don't think they should keep it unless it's used for specific things like this. Maybe production was just trying it out?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2014, 03:12:32 AM »
Yeah, not so much the slow motion, but a more cinematic look that you can see on TARAu or TARC. They look completely different from how TARUS looks, but them using the slow motion was the closest they've come to look like how TARAu/TARC look.  Which is one change I want to see them make.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
I LOVED the Survivor montage. I wish they did it more often. The music, the slow mo effects. Really refreshing and a change to their normal editing. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »
- A classic format, like when teams finish a task and they get a departure time for the next leg. At least the 1st team eliminated gets to race for more than a day.

THIS. SOMEBODY HIT THE RIGHT NOTE.

This is the reason why I haven't been able to enjoy ANY PREMIERE since a long long time ago. When was the last time they did the departure thing. Was it in TAR 10?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
TAR12 had one... not sure about later ones

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2014, 08:17:46 PM »
I believe it was TAR14, because...
TAR24: wedding shops, nope.
TAR23: paragliding, nope.
TAR22: sandcastle leg, nope.
TAR21: lady with an abacus, nope.
TAR20: empaņadas, nope.
TAR19: the only season and only leg with a hazard, nope.
TAR18: tank roadblock, nope.
TAR17: watermelons! nope.
TAR16: cable roadblock, nope.
TAR15: wasabi! nope.
TAR14: cheese! iirc, the last one was 10 seasons ago! :ascared

- A classic format, like when teams finish a task and they get a departure time for the next leg. At least the 1st team eliminated gets to race for more than a day.

This is the reason why I haven't been able to enjoy ANY PREMIERE since a long long time ago. When was the last time they did the departure thing. Was it in TAR 10?
Agree with you there. :kuss:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »
Personally I don't think having a departure time will fix the situation with terrible leg 1s, there just needs to be really difficult tasks that are interesting and shake things up.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 09:10:03 PM »

While I agree that I'd like for all teams to enjoy the Race and be able to race for more than a day, I wouldn't really call departure times a "racing day." In TAR14, for example, they arrived in Locarno and signed up. There were no tasks, just signing up. TAR 13, however, had teams do tasks, sign up and spend the night, and then do more tasks. That's what I call racing for more than a day.

Although, one could argue that with transportation, teams ARE technically "racing" for more than a day.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2014, 11:39:01 PM »
Part of me would actually like to see some fresh faces in the major behind the scenes roles who get what make the international versions of the show such as TARAus and TARCan such joys to watch. I don't know what the actual sort of licensing involved with doing tasks based on major franchises/cultural things for the Race are but there are so many iconic franchises that have become engraved in our culture outside of the USA, I mean you go over to England and You've got Top Gear, Doctor Who, Harry Potter. You go to Japan and you've got things like Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Nintendo. You go to Sweden, You've got Minecraft. Some of the locations are beloved by producers and that's fine but there is a point where a place becomes sort of stale especially when you revisit some of the locations so many times.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2014, 11:55:00 PM »
Maybe we can have a roadblock version of an u-turn ,
which requires the racer who did not take part in the roadblock previously to complete the roadblock :o

i think it may cause some interesting dramas
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:07:33 AM by cbacbacba1 »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2014, 01:51:44 AM »
I'm not against that idea, but I think it will make the roadblock count more confusing. :ascared

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2014, 05:54:08 AM »
Maybe we can have a roadblock version of an u-turn ,
which requires the racer who did not take part in the roadblock previously to complete the roadblock :o

i think it may cause some interesting dramas

I'm not against that idea, but I think it will make the roadblock count more confusing. :ascared

But what if some tasks can't be performed by some racers, like Big Easy? However, for the Roadblock count, the second Roadblock probably won't be added to the count.
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
I want RACING.

Teams using travel skills. Find a FERN. Make your way. And then SHOW us that. Don't make us wonder how Team XYZ got ahead or behind. If they got help from a local, SHOW us.

Teams who have to FIND/figure out the "Big Thunder".

Teams who have to FIND and BOOK their own flights, not production provided ones.

Great tasks that ALLOW for placement shifts. NON LINEAR legs. Every episode should have at least two ways for teams to catch up.

NEVER provide only two flights and separate them by 3 :dick hours. And if you do, make an hours of op right after, followed by some task that will shake things up.

SELF-Navigation. Use local transport more, self driving. (remember self driving?? ??? )

sigh....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »
Self navigation was one of my favourite parts of the show. Even in say season 17, two teams in Oman had been lost for ours on end, but still ended up in a foot (drive) race to the pit stop! I also miss the driving to the airport on leg 1 :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
The only times I remember those things remotely happening = TAR 21, peachy. :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2014, 01:07:29 AM »
They should've also informed us on the time credits on the beginning of the 2nd episode. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2014, 01:35:01 AM »
I want the INTRO INTRO INTRO.

I never thought I would be yelling about this on TAR. :res:

Hopefully they're preparing a cool new intro and the lack of full intros for the past eps are just placeholders.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2014, 03:03:36 AM »
No-pre determined flight which is the faster flight takes more teams pls :)
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »
They should've also informed us on the time credits on the beginning of the 2nd episode. :(

I can count on one hand the # of times THAT has happened.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
New Countries!
Start other place then L.A.!
12 Teams in a season!
Stronger female teams like Dustin and Candice, Brook and Claire & Nat and Kat! :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2014, 05:50:30 AM »
For me, if they teams do have to fly to another city in the middle of a leg, it would be better if they have predetermined flight plans set up by production. It's because I prefer teams being evenly divided than going through a flight bottle neck in the middle of the leg, which would cancel out the front running teams' lead.

However, this season hasn't yet provided anything that evens out all of the teams at the start of the legs. Which is a bit sad and gives the teams in front too much of an advantage.  :( But, I understand that the two Malaysia legs were replacements so it could justify some things? How did we confirm this again?  ???
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2014, 06:02:17 AM »
For me, if they teams do have to fly to another city in the middle of a leg, it would be better if they have predetermined flight plans set up by production. It's because I prefer teams being evenly divided than going through a flight bottle neck in the middle of the leg, which would cancel out the front running teams' lead.

However, this season hasn't yet provided anything that evens out all of the teams at the start of the legs. Which is a bit sad and gives the teams in front too much of an advantage.  :( But, I understand that the two Malaysia legs were replacements so it could justify some things? How did we confirm this again?  ???

Both Malaysian legs were!? :faint: Does anybody have the source?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2014, 06:59:49 AM »
Just speculation that maybe one Melbourne leg and 2 Philippines leg were cancelled.