Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79388 times)

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
-No more theme music please, enough of Globes theme music, and the Cowboys country stuff we get it you love them. :cmas11
-Intersections back for sure, I want teams to have to work with each other (hopefully teams that do not get along for drama)
-More interacting with the other teams maybe so we get to see why some teams eventually do not get along (or maybe share some stories etc. with the other teams like Sam and Dan sharing that they are gay to the other teams at the airport, was a nice moment)

I am sure I will think of more soon enough.  :cmaslol

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »
Dear CBS,

I would like to see "The Making of The Amazing Race: A behind the scenes look at how an episode is put together."

Sincerely,
gator27 :cmastree

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »
Dear CBS,

I would like to see "The Making of The Amazing Race: A behind the scenes look at how an episode is put together."

Sincerely,
I LOVE this idea! :cheer: They could air a 1-hour long special on Saturday (whenever college football and basketball is off air) about this.

Also, I want Elimination Station and Phil's Diary back on TAR's CBS website.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:02 AM »
:hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, Boring Dude. :xmas49
Like your "EP on the starting line task" idea. :xmas146
I wonder if I posted that idea here... ???
And maybe to add to that idea, here's what I want to see:
1st EP - 1st to finish starting line task
2nd EP - 1st to get to airport
3rd EP - 1st leg prize
4th EP - to be given by the team who won leg 1

I like the idea, but I think that 4 EPs are a bit TOO much. I think that there could be 3 EPs, 1 for Starting Line, 1 for Winner, and 1 to give.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »
Dear CBS,

Sincerely,
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »

Dear CBS,

Sincerely,

Awesome idea!! That along with 90 minute Premieres and an "After Race Show" would bring in loads of viewers...everyone wants the "dirt"!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 10:43:11 AM »
No more Express Passes, please. :hrt: I miss the challenge of having ALL the teams struggle or do something unexpected to get first or avoid elimination.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
What does "IMO" mean? It is being used by people on the forums and I don't know what it means...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

paldog123456

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
What does "IMO" mean? It is being used by people on the forums and I don't know what it means...

In
My
Opinion

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
Dear CBS,

Sincerely,
I LOVE this idea! :cheer: They could air a 1-hour long special on Saturday (whenever college football and basketball is off air) about this.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
I actually like the brainy type of starting line challenge and according to the order teams finish the task, they get the earlier tickets to the next destination. But I think with this definitely the producers will also try to put in a Hazard for the team who finishes the task last.. which I don't know what to feel about it yet.. I guess it's okay.. but the team will already be majorly affected by being on the second flight. Making them complete another task can be devastating? :cmas12

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »
I would LOVE to see the return of the Yield, or the yield with a twist:

Place 3 sealed cards with the Yield one with 15mins, one 30mins and the last 45mins. (taking a standard of 30mins?)
The team picks a card and could benefit or could be hit with more.

But I would take just the standard Yield back :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:22:26 PM by SteKay »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
I actually like the brainy type of starting line challenge and according to the order teams finish the task, they get the earlier tickets to the next destination. But I think with this definitely the producers will also try to put in a Hazard for the team who finishes the task last.. which I don't know what to feel about it yet.. I guess it's okay.. but the team will already be majorly affected by being on the second flight. Making them complete another task can be devastating? :cmas12

This! I do not like teams being in separated flights because of the arrival order to the airport.

paldog123456

« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
I want the Intersection to return. (I know, I am weird.)

P.S. Only if it is well-implemented, though, like the Intersection in Krakow (which would've been even better if the Roadblock wasn't so lame).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »

This! I do not like teams being in separated flights because of the arrival order to the airport.
I think I may be the only one in this forum that actually likes the airport arrival-determined flights than the starting line tasks. The start line task just seems a little less exciting and adventurous to me. The only thing I would include in the premiere is the airport parking shuttling that we haven't seen since TAR17. Loved Mary's reaction when seeing the BQ's on the same shuttle-airport bus as them.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »

I think I may be the only one in this forum that actually likes the airport arrival-determined flights than the starting line tasks. The start line task just seems a little less exciting and adventurous to me. The only thing I would include in the premiere is the airport parking shuttling that we haven't seen since TAR17. Loved Mary's reaction when seeing the BQ's on the same shuttle-airport bus as them.
This was one of my favourite parts to the season premieres

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2014, 08:03:33 PM »
Roadblock related: (2)
Instead of a "u-turn" roadblock thing (I don't like this because it makes roadblock count complicated.), I wanna see something like a "blind" roadblock.
Wherein instead of a roadblock question, it would say "blind roadblock." Teams who have a deal about alternating their roadblocks would most likely not have a problem with this. But for teams who look at the question and then choose a team member, it's going to be a bit harder for them to decide.

(Advanced) Blind Roadblock: To make things harder, the roadblock details are not in the clue, but are all within the roadblock location.

Of course this will not work for every roadblock, but it'd be great to see something new. :reindeer

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2014, 05:57:37 AM »
About u-turns this time:
Surprise U-turn: Same function as a normal u-turn, except it's not mentioned in any clue (1st clue, detour clue, post-detour clue). Main purpose: It defeats u-turn alliances like: "No u-turning, okay?" "There's an upcoming u-turn, who should we u-turn?"

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2014, 08:05:41 AM »
I like both methods of flight division (Start Line Task and Airport Arrivals) but for both they have to do it right.

If they do the Airport Arrival based flight then they have to show the foot race to the counter and show what happens in the parking shuttle (if there is one). How they did it the last couple of seasons is too rushed. It was basically "Go", clue (your going to country X), a couple of teams saying "Oh my god we are on TAR", briefly show arrival order so we know what flights they are on before they land in country X.

If they do a Start Line Task, the task has to be hard task. I don't want to see a team find their clue or do whatever they have to do in 2 seconds ". 15 and 18 did this pretty well (some could argue because there was some sort of penalty for last place) but the other times it felt like it was too rushed and I didn't know what happened because before you knew it they were flying to another place. (I almost forgot 20 had one)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2014, 08:10:46 AM »
If it's an SLT can it not be linear/luck because they are boring and pointless. You need like something logical or something :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2014, 10:13:28 AM »
Things I'd like to see in the modern premiere episodes:
Non-LAX starting location, seriously! We haven't seen a new metropolis or airport being visited since Unfinished Business (Palm Springs). It has gotten to the point where a miscellaneous bridge for a pointless rappel is being featured. If they can't afford to begin the race in another state, go to San Diego or San Francisco/Oakland. There's certainly more diversity to CA than Los Angeles.
Airport parking shuttling We haven't seen the classic TAR moments on airport-shuttle buses since TAR17. It is a fantastic way for teams to start interacting with their opponents and help/not help each other out. Also, it gives time for newly-formed friendships to sprout and flight decisions.
Show ALL teams GETTING their tickets Other than having Phil narrate which teams depart at which time to "X" country, show the teams getting their airline tickets. The HD seasons so far have failed to understand the point of giving reasonable, even edits. For example: TAR20 broadcasted Kerri & Stacy finding their first clue in 4th, but were on the LAST plane to Cafayate?... TAR21 showed the Twinnies and Josh & Brent standing in line at the airport, but never showed Trexi nor Rob & Sheila arriving at the airport.
Mix the Detour and Roadblock usage The Detour was last seen on Leg 1 ten seasons ago. I want to see the return of the Detour in the first Leg. Shanghai (Serve or Eat) and Bora Bora - va'a (Skydive or Sand Up) could have been the perfect opportunity to bring back the Detour.

And of course...
Play more intriguing, race music!!! I don't know why, but the latest HD seasons' soundtrack sounds more suited for an undersea shark movie than a high-stakes race for $1 million. In fact, I loved the exciting music included from TAR10-TAR17. More notably, the intense Charla & Mirna vs. Romber and David & Mary Pit Stop race, Marisa & Brooke vs. Aja & Ty Detour finish, and Jaime & Cara vs. Kisha & Jen's taxi race to the Pit Stop.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »

The Shuttles were in the TAR 22 Premier. Idries and Jamil told Pam and Winnie that they were "delivery men."

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2014, 04:27:17 PM »
Just tossing out an idea: what if TAR had a season with teams of 3? This would allow for totally different team dynamics, and could bring fresh new types of tasks to the show.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »
Just tossing out an idea: what if TAR had a season with teams of 3? This would allow for totally different team dynamics, and could bring fresh new types of tasks to the show.

I once thought about it. But it is supercostly... That is why TARFE was an American i$$ue.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »
I like the order of arrival at the airport as well! But I would love for them to NOT tell them which one is the better flight, and for the possible scenarios to occur:

1. Careless teams who just book themselves on the slower flight without checking
2. Teams arriving at the slower counter and having a mad dash to the faster one
3. Teams arriving at the faster counter and reserving spots for other teams, resulting in EPIC DRAMA
4. Faster teams being total smug about their prowness in getting the first flight but only to get eliminated that leg
5. The faster flight getting delayed and getting in perhaps 5-15 mins earlier or later than the later flight

I know, I'm evil. :funny: