Author Topic: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*  (Read 79567 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
If you want to put it that way, Mark and Bopper are the only team who have implied they needed money desperately in the past few seasons. And maybe Tim and Danny. Therefore, the rest of the teams are inappropriately selected.

Tim & Danny needed money?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »
Can't remember, Tim/Danny kept mentioning about her daughter's illness and therefore the money will help? That was why they were willing to play the game dirty and U-TURNed Leo and Jamal right?

The point is, like what you said, TAR is not a charity. :funny:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
Bring back the Fast Forward, and not just 1 per season, but put like 3, 4, or 5 per season so we can see more drama and strategy!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »
Bring back the Fast Forward, and not just 1 per season, but put like 3, 4, or 5 per season so we can see more drama and strategy!

20 did it perfectly IMO.

- one right next to the RB to facilitate competition and to also not hinder the losers too much
- one immediately after an HoO bunching to facilitate competition
- one right after an NEL and after a Speed Bump but I *think* after an HoO bunch to give the spared team a chance to catch up

Perhaps one more early on (leg 2 maybe?) to give more teams a chance to win a leg and we're all set <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »
I agree. 20 had the best use of Fast Forwards in a long time.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »
Agree about that. And I think on 3 in the season placed on each third of the race.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2014, 10:47:16 PM »
The fast forwards themselves weren't all amazing but the placement and amount of them was good.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2014, 12:15:31 AM »
Is there even a FF this season? -.- And they call this Allstars.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »
Is there even a FF this season? -.- And they call this Allstars.

Nope. No FF. Unfinished Business didn't have one either. Which means that ChaChaCha's record of most FFs used remains alive!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2014, 03:31:51 AM »
 :funny: and no FF was used last season too I think.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2014, 03:51:57 AM »
:funny: and no FF was used last season too I think.

It was there but wasn't usable due to bad weather unfortunately.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
Yes Samual, I know. I watched last season too. I've been asking rhetorical questions. :)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »

20 did it perfectly IMO.

- one right next to the RB to facilitate competition and to also not hinder the losers too much
- one immediately after an HoO bunching to facilitate competition
- one right after an NEL and after a Speed Bump but I *think* after an HoO bunch to give the spared team a chance to catch up

Perhaps one more early on (leg 2 maybe?) to give more teams a chance to win a leg and we're all set <3
Yes The Fast Forward belongs in every season!!!! And 3 in a season is perfect!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Not too sure where to post this as its more a suggestion than a change, but I'll put it here anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Night Time start line.  This has never been done before and could work out great.

Here's my thought.... Phil has all the teams at the Start Line, maybe there's a river or lake behind them with the reflection of the moon or a city scape?  :lol:
Anyway, Phil says Go, and the teams run for their bags, with fireworks going off behind them, maybe at the far side of the river. (Again, something different that would look cool)   :colors

To benefit a Night start line, there could be an ARI, NOT a Start Line Task, but more like the one in TAR Aus 2, then after that, they head off to the airport.

Now, I was also thinking, by having the teams fly out of the US at night, it would mean there'll be a chance they'll land at their destination at night, and this could cause a sort of domino affect, resulting in a higher number of night legs.  ???

Although, CBS seem to LOVE having teams wait until sunrise, or for a building to open, before they receive their next clue, so this whole idea could just be pointless.   :funny:

But I'd still Love to see this non-the-less.  :)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a Night Time start line.  This has never been done before and could work out great.

Here's my thought.... Phil has all the teams at the Start Line, maybe there's a river or lake behind them with the reflection of the moon or a city scape?  :lol:
Anyway, Phil says Go, and the teams run for their bags, with fireworks going off behind them, maybe at the far side of the river. (Again, something different that would look cool)   :colors

To benefit a Night start line, there could be an ARI, NOT a Start Line Task, but more like the one in TAR Aus 2, then after that, they head off to the airport.

:hrt: :hrt: :hrt: I would definitely love to see this! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
About the ARI, is it like the one from TAR20?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »

:hrt: :hrt: :hrt: I would definitely love to see this! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
About the ARI, is it like the one from TAR20?

No, I wasn't thinking of the TAR 20 because I see this as a "Start Line" task rather then a Route Info.

I'd consider an ARI as something that involves the teams having to leave the start line and go to an entirely different location, such as the one in TAR Aus 2 (which I loved) or in TAR Canada, when they went to the Butterfly Conservatory. Even though I don't see this that difficult, it was still nice to see teams go somewhere prior to the airport.

As for the task itself, I haven't come up with anything, but something that can only be done at night would be preferable.  :lol:

So yea, that's what I'm thinking.  :ya3:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:51 PM »
After seeing the awesome Running with the Bulls detour, it had me wishing for teams being able to square off against each other in something like that.  Maybe that specific task would give too much advantage to male players, but I'd love to see some form of combat involving teams going head to head. 

The other change that needs to happen is there needs to be a team from Hawaii on the race.  Crossing my fingers as I am applying with my sister this year!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
After seeing the awesome Running with the Bulls detour, it had me wishing for teams being able to square off against each other in something like that.  Maybe that specific task would give too much advantage to male players, but I'd love to see some form of combat involving teams going head to head. 

NO!  )-**

This actually happened in an "Intersection" of TARLA 2... totally missing the point of intercection... Teams where required to play a game of Volleyball against each other... the winning team moves on to the next route marker, the losing team stays there to wait for another team... that ended up giving us 1 last team waiting for NOBODY because there were no more teams left so that team got a penalty for 30 minutes... that needed to be completed before moving on to the next route marker...

THIS SHOULD NEVER BE DONE

The race it should never put teams against each other, but against themself, agains their own weakness...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »
And one more thing about what Vitoko said about that Intersection in TARLA 2: if one team (Omar & Jorge) wouldn't have been penalized due to breaking the rules (4 hours), the last team would have been eliminated due to the 15 minutes delay for being the last loser.   :(
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2014, 05:02:33 PM »
NO!  )-**

This actually happened in an "Intersection" of TARLA 2... totally missing the point of intercection... Teams where required to play a game of Volleyball against each other... the winning team moves on to the next route marker, the losing team stays there to wait for another team... that ended up giving us 1 last team waiting for NOBODY because there were no more teams left so that team got a penalty for 30 minutes... that needed to be completed before moving on to the next route marker...

THIS SHOULD NEVER BE DONE

The race it should never put teams against each other, but against themself, agains their own weakness...

:funny:  That does sound less than ideal, but even that volleyball idea could work if it were better thought out.  Actually that could be ideal as a race opening task to determine which teams get put on an early flight and which get put on a secondary flight.  Especially with the race beginning in the LA area almost exclusively, I could picture a start point of Manhattan beach with teams being randomly pitted against each other for the right to take the best flight. 

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »

The other change that needs to happen is there needs to be a team from Hawaii on the race.  Crossing my fingers as I am applying with my sister this year!

:hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, saacman!
I know they had teams from Hawaii before (Misa & Maiya if I'm not mistaken), but another one would be great! Good luck! :)

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »
Replace the task design team. Tasks seem a bit too generic at times and sometimes there's no point at all of being at a certain city.

Aha after seeing the last episode.
Going to Liverpool just for penalty kick?
Going to Wales just to recite poem?

Although the episode was great but it still kinda annoyed me.  :res:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2014, 05:32:21 AM »
Replace the task design team. Tasks seem a bit too generic at times and sometimes there's no point at all of being at a certain city.

Aha after seeing the last episode.
Going to Liverpool just for penalty kick?
Going to Wales just to recite poem?

Although the episode was great but it still kinda annoyed me.  :res:

I have to agree to those somehow. ???
IMO, the last episode didn't excite me, which is why I was extremely lazy to post a review/commentary for the last episode. :(

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
:hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, saacman!
I know they had teams from Hawaii before (Misa & Maiya if I'm not mistaken), but another one would be great! Good luck! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I believe Misa and Maiya are from San Diego.  As far as I know, the only racer ever from Hawaii was one of the jockey brothers, but they always struck me as more Hollywood and less Hawaii.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.