The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*

<< < (51/52) > >>

dryedmangoez:
How about a Fast Forward task in the First Leg of the Race.  Teams will have to complete an extra task, if they choose, and they can use that FF any time before Leg 9.  But, if they don't use it on that first Leg, they would need to still complete the Leg.  G

David:

--- Quote from: Platrium on May 14, 2014, 05:32:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: amazing1604 on May 13, 2014, 11:59:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dånooky on May 04, 2014, 11:04:28 PM ---Replace the task design team. Tasks seem a bit too generic at times and sometimes there's no point at all of being at a certain city.

--- End quote ---

Aha after seeing the last episode.
Going to Liverpool just for penalty kick?
Going to Wales just to recite poem?

Although the episode was great but it still kinda annoyed me.  :res:

--- End quote ---

I have to agree to those somehow. ???
IMO, the last episode didn't excite me, which is why I was extremely lazy to post a review/commentary for the last episode. :(

--- End quote ---

I disagree very much.

Football (soccer) started in England, IIRC, and it was a sort of a task in there. Pretty OK to say it was a lame task, but a soccer task in Brazil or England makes rather much more sense than in any other place on Earth. About the Welsh porm, I disagree much strongly. The thing in there is to make a difficult task so that teams realize how hard Welsh is. I find it as a really mystic and different language, and I feel the task challenged it well.

I just think that tasks are not extremely related to being in the city/country where they are made, but this leg in Particular, featured related tasks in a really good way, tbh.

dryedmangoez:
Watching this week's episode, I think TAR should relax their trying to avoid seeing the cameramen and sound guys in shots.  When Amy & Maya (I think) passed Brooke & Robbie in the taxi, we saw the cameraman clear as day in the front seat and that was great.  It really added to the excitement.

But for example at the Detour, when the three teams were in a mad dash to get to the scaffolding first, I feel like we missed some great shots because they probably had a cameraman or two in them.  That seems to be the case a lot of the time, otherwise usable shots that must be thrown out because of either of the crew members being seen.

I think after 25 seasons, TAR doesn't need to be as careful or active in trying to hide them anymore.  Sometimes, especially in the more frantic scenes of the Race, it adds a lot to the excitement and avoids the need for abrupt quick cuts.

Jobby:
^^ I think it adds to the reality of the show.

I think there was an instance this season (Leg 5) where the cameraman was not edited out too.

dryedmangoez:
If Bertram and Co. really want to find ways to change up the show, they should just look in this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version