The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Changes Viewers Would Like To See *Are you reading, CBS?*

<< < (33/52) > >>

Air:
Most seasons have thrice? TAR20 Argentina/Tanzania/India, TAR21 China/Indonesia/Bangladesh, TAR22 Fr. Pol/Botswana/UK, TAR23 Chile/UAE/Indonesia?

Jobby:
Only in recent seasons especially?... which is really disappointing. It used to be 2 countries twice in a season and then suddenly in recent seasons... (and worst, this season), it's 4 times for the first 8 legs. -_-

I know TAR 5 has thrice too. Argentina, Egypt and Phil~

I think I'm more particular about it for this season because I don't remember another season where they did double legs in the same country FOUR times in a row.

TAR 2 did it 4 times for Brazil, Thailand, Aussie (FOUR different continents too!) and USA but they had other countries in between so there's really like much more variety.

Caelestor:
Double legs in countries are fine if the destinations are sufficiently different. TAR 18 had double legs in Australia, China, and India, but each leg featured a different area of the country. Guangzhou and Colombo should have been one leg, but admittedly bad weather messed up a lot of the producers' plans I feel.

More importantly, please no more three-continent routes. This race spent way too much time in Asia.

Don Task:
The only case when I root for double leg is when a new country is featured. For example the Czech Republic in 15, Philippines in 5 or Malawi in 19. Three or more double legs in one season are killing the spirit of the Amazing Race. For me, there is nothing worse.

Talking about new countries... I fully understand that it might be quite hard to travel and arrange all these customs/tax/travel/safety things. But there are many countries, members of the European Union, that haven't been visited. For example Slovakia, Latvia, Malta, Slovenia... they are quite easily accessible, cheaper than Italy/Spain, can bring fresh ideas (I have tons of them in my head now), very safe and thanks to EU, customs and permit related issues are not complicated.

This MUST be improved.

Since fall's seasons are shoot in summer, when the weather in Europe tends to be beautiful, I hope and quite believe we will see a new (european?) country this fall. Otherwise, the spirit of the Amazing Race will be gone for me.

SamualDude:
We're about two thirds of the way through the season and we have only been to four countries   :crazy:  :gaah:

My overall thoughts are this would be a good season if wasn't All Stars. This season could of been so much better but if anything positive comes out of this season is I hope that the producer's have learnt the following lessons

1. No more hybrid teams. They just haven't worked at all.

2. No more three-timers. They haven't really bought anything to the table at all and have proven to be wasted spots that could of been better filled.

3. Don't try to lie about the route. The average viewer is expecting four continents and nine countries because that is what they were told they would get. The average viewer doesn't like being lied to CBS

4. Don't try to build up sob stories when it is going to backfire. Case in point with Dave & Connor, the casuals have turned on them as of this episode for Dave's whining, If a team has a major change in personality and it is obvious don't lie to us in the edit. The casual fans have turned new leafs on Brenchel and the Afghanimals and it shows.

5. If you don't think you can get the cast you need for a All Stars season then push it back or rename. I know that casting can be a logical nightmare especially when casting a returning season but if you are unsure the cast is worthy of being called All Stars then change the subtitle. Unfinished Business was a good subtitle and theme for the season, Redemption would of worked well for this season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version