Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24090 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:
IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Sports delays.

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  Other feeds may be way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! 

Anyone breaking the rule is at risk of being banned.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either! And NO spoilers ever in the Contestant threads either.

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Scheduled start time is 8:00 PM EST, subject to football delays.

Feel free to post after 745 PM!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Happy TAR day everyone :conf:

I can't wait to see the city in where I'm currently studying on TV screen :hearts:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think it might be safe to say we'll be getting quotes from Marie before the intro until the finale :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And Detroit has a 10 minute delay. :res: I'll try to get a stream that works for me, but my internet sucks.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
And Detroit has a 10 minute delay. :res: I'll try to get a stream that works for me, but my internet sucks.

yeah we've been stuck with the late game most weeks this year :(

paldog123456

As always... we are used to it around here. (And the Lions were a disappointment today, too, so it's just a bad television day all around...).

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry, missed the first few minutes.

Nicole & Travis arrive at the airport and find out that everyone will be on the same flight to Bandung, Indonesia.

Afghanimals are about 2 minutes late to their scheduled pit stop arrival... They don't seem to mind... They seem quite cheerful about leaving late, LOL. Ally & Ashley are there, lol. They both leave at 2:06 AM.

Afghanimals and Nicole & Travis are at the airport... Travis tells them that the Brandon & Adam U-Turn was part of the reason for the U-Turn. Afghanimals think that ER doctors will break soon with pressure.

All teams are heading to Bandung on the same flight...

All teams are getting cabs... Nicole & Travis in 1st. Boston are last right now.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ER doctors see the cluebox. Route info: Search for trucks. Take head-butting rams to a festival... Once their rams have butted heads, then take them back on the truck, lol.

Nicole & Travis get their rams first. Ally & Ashley are next. Nicole & Travis are first at the arena. The rams start going at each other, lol. Ally & Ashley are there too. Nicole & Travis' rams are finished ramming. :lol: Ally & Ashley enjoy the atmosphere. Lots of cheering.

Nicole & Travis get the next clue. Route info: Go to Rancaekek Station. Travel by train back to Bandung. Once there, they will find their next clue.

Afghanimals get the rams. Afghanimals have some rambunctious rams. Tim & Marie get their route info clue. Girls are out while Jason & Amy arrive. Afghanimals make some obnoxious noises as they take their rams to the arena... They're worse than the rams.

Jason & Amy arrive at rams and start taking their rams. Afghanimals finish the task.

Ally & Ashley arrive at the train station first. Train leaves in 12 minutes... Nicole & Travis are on the same train. Ally & Ashley are excited about being on the same train as Nicole & Travis, LOL.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tim & Marie leave to the train station. Jason & Amy are done the task... Tim & Marie are having taxi troubles... Their taxi broke down. Jason & Amy say that Tim & Marie didn't get the chance to steal their cab this time. :funny:

Ally & Ashley and Nicole & Travis are waiting for their train to leave... It's late departing... Afghanimals made it on the train. Nicole & Travis aren't pleased. Afghanimals are so loud and annoying, omg.

Nicole & Travis are told by someone that the train leaves in 1 minute...

Jason & Amy arrive at the train station.

Afghanimals say their wife is pregnant, lol.

The train leaves without Jason & Amy... They barely missed it.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Jason asking Amy if Indonesia had Indian or Chinese locals was hilarious. Better than Nathan's comment about Taiwan (Thailand).
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back at the train station. Jason & Amy have to wait an hour now... Tim & Marie arrive... And they find out they have to wait an hour now. Amy's upset that it's head to head against Tim & Marie... Tim & Marie are confident they can beat JAmy.

First train arrives. Detour: For the Elephants or For the Birds.

For the Elephants: Visit a market. Pick up 8 watermelons, 2 bunches of bananas, 1 dozen sweet potatoes and 5 stalks of sugar cane. Go to the Bandung Zoo and feed the elephants.
For the Birds: Pick up 2 peach-faced lovebirds and deliver them to an arena. Enter the competition arena, and encourage their bird to sing. Once they've been scored, they will get their next clue.

Ally & Ashley pick elephants...

Leo & Jamal are at the market. They're being loud and obnoxious there too. Shut up omg. They're loading the stuff into their taxi.

Nicole & Travis are doing birds. They pick up their matching birds. Now they're off to the arena.

Ally & Ashley are looking for their trolley.

Leo & Jamal have their sugar cane stalks partially out of the window because it's so large.

Nicole & Travis take their birds and hang their cages on these hooks. They try to make their birds sing...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:29:10 PM by Polaroid »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The second train arrives... Amy's pretty upset about barely missing the train. Tim & Marie think they can beat Jason & Amy.

Ally & Ashley are still at the zoo... They realize they have to go to the market to pick up their stuff first... :groan:

Afghanimals are loading their stuff on the trolley. They kept their scarves from Abu Dhabi and it made it easier to transport the stuff. Wow, smart.

Nicole & Travis are trying to make their birds sing... They liked being in the moment... One of their birds is singing... And Nicole & Travis are super pumped. They're jumping around. All the locals are cheering! They're done the detour. Route info: Saung Angklung Udjo. They're feeling super energized now.

Ally & Ashley get dropped off at the market. Except they let their taxi go? Now they have nothing to load their stuff in...

Afghanimals: "Crazy Americans coming through." No, just annoying ones. They're looking for the elephants.

Second train arrives. Jason & Amy pick elephants. Tim & Marie pick elephants because Marie wants to see elephants.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ally & Ashley can't load their 5 stalks of sugar cane into their taxi... It won't fit. They say that they don't want to carry the stalks for another hour because it'll waste too much time. They are bickering... They switch to do birds. Ashley said she wanted to do birds first. Ally isn't having any of it. Oh man. Tons of arguing.

Commercial.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
At first I liked Ally & Ashley, but after their more-than-annoying-Marie arguing, never again. Seriously, I feel bad for the taxi driver.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ashley and Ally do some more arguing, and now they're at the zoo.

Jamal: "I come in peace." Afghanimals feed their elephants... They're done the detour in 2nd.

Wait, Ally & Ashley decided to do elephants still? Weird. I thought they switched. They're loading watermelons on their trolly. Afghanimals exit as Ally & Ashley are loading their watermelons. Ally & Ashley don't have sugarcanes with them so they'll have to go back for a second trip.

Nicole & Travis arrive at the roadblock...
Roadblock: Assemble an angklung. They will have to assemble the instrument and play an octave.

Nicole does the roadblock. Travis doesn't think Nicole knows that the bar-things have to be different lengths.

Amy was smart and used blankets to load all their stuff. Exes arrive at the market. They both load their taxis.

Afghanimals arrive at the roadblock. Leo is doing the roadblock. They're so obnoxious omg. They're dancing. I probably would like it more if it weren't them. :res:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Indonesian kids as a judge! :hrt: "Nooooo....Yeeeees!"

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ice girls unloaded all their stuff. They're going back for their sugar cane. Jason & Amy are trying to deliver their stuff... Jason's fruits on the trolly keep falling apart. We have a rolling watermelon! Tim & Marie also have all their stuff falling off the trolley.

Travis is watching Nicole building the instrument... She only has 4 notes... Travis knows that she needs 8...

Jason & Amy are done the detour in 3rd. Exes are done right after in 4th. Girls get their sugar cane. Ally & Ashley for the title.

Leo displays his instrument. Jamal is yelling for him to go. Nicole goes to get her instrument checked first while Leo goes to display his instrument. Why is he so annoying. Nicole's instrument doesn't get approved. Leo's instrument plays an octave... Except the stand is not correct.

Jason & Amy arrive at the roadblock. Amy is doing it.

Tim & Marie arrive at the roadblock. Tim & Marie go back and forth with their roadblocks... Except Marie tells Tim to go... Tim has a musical background. He played piano, he was in choir, and now he's teaching himself how to play the guitar. LOL.

Ally & Ashley feed their elephants. They have calmed down now. Ashley says she's confident that they fell from 1st to last.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nicole can't play an octave on her instrument... Leo goes to get his instrument checked. It's correct. He's done the roadblock in first. Jamal: "LEO, DESTROY YOURS SO NOBODY CAN SEE."

Nicole then runs to the checking area to try to see... Omg lol. Leo then runs trying to not let Nicole see his instrument. Confessional with Nicole saying that she wanted to run the race in an honest way. Confessional with Afghanimals calling Nicole & Travis hypocrites...

Commercial.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
To be honest, I don't blame Leo for not letting Nicole see it.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Moral victory for Jason and Amy. Not another 2nd place painful finish
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back with Nicole going to try to see Leo's instrument. And Leo runs out being super obnoxious... Proceed to the pit stop. Pit stop: Bosscha Observatory. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Tim finishes... He goes to get his instrument checked out. It's approved! Tim & Marie are out of the roadblock in 2nd. Marie says she made Tim do it, and she's right, lol.

Travis is super frustrated.

Marie says Afghanimals are literally a minute ahead of them...

Afghanimals arrive at the pit stop in 1st. Kill me. :res: Tim & Marie arrive shortly after. They're team #2. Afghanimals won $7500 EACH? WHAT.

Pit stop:
1st - Leo & Jamal
2nd - Tim & Marie

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jason & Amy are going to get a penalty! :groan:

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Can I call Jamy dump? They help the strongest team out the only time they're in trouble.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amy goes to get her instrument checked... It's approved. Jason & Amy are done the roadblock in 3rd. Ally & Ashley arrive at the roadblock. Nicole is still struggling. Jason tells Amy to go help Nicole. Omg. They're so nice. Ally & Ashley arrive in...

Omg. Nicole is having an epic meltdown. Jason is telling Amy to come. Amy puts the bars in order for Nicole. Jason is frustrated that Amy spent so long helping Nicole because they could get lost on the way to the pit stop... Oh man. Nicole's meltdown is contageous, lol.

Nicole finally finishes the roadblock. They're out in 4th. Ashley is still doing the roadblock. Travis isn't very pleased.

Jason & Amy arrive at the pit stop in 3rd. They're team #3. Travis & Nicole arrive at the pit stop in 4th. Nicole gives a huge hug to Amy. Travis & Nicole are team #4. Travis is speechless.

Pit stop:
1st - Leo & Jamal
2nd - Tim & Marie
3rd - Jason & Amy
4th - Travis & Nicole