Archive > The Amazing Race 23 Spoilers

TAR 23 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**

<< < (15/16) > >>

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: maf on November 27, 2013, 01:29:08 AM ---I have a question about this episode. How could Jason & Amy and Tim & Marie catch up with the front teams? Their train left one hour later, but still they caught up with the front teams at the road block. I can thing of a few possible explanations:

1. They got a faster train so they were much less than an hour after when they reached Bandung. But this feels unlikely since the distance between the stations is apparently just 17km, so the ride should be fairly quick.

2. Traffic was better so they could drive faster

3. The road block took a really long time. But this does not jibe with the fact that Leo seems to finish it fairly quickly. And Nicole, who really struggled, say she spent 40 minutes there.

Does anybody have any insights into this?

--- End quote ---

1. Nicole was being untruthful (no surprises there).
2. They got on a different train than shown, or perhaps the conductor lied. 
3. Teams struggled at the detour.
4. Tim & Marie and Jason & Amy did their detour quickly.

Platrium:

--- Quote from: redskevin88 on November 27, 2013, 03:23:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: maf on November 27, 2013, 01:29:08 AM ---I have a question about this episode. How could Jason & Amy and Tim & Marie catch up with the front teams? Their train left one hour later, but still they caught up with the front teams at the road block. I can thing of a few possible explanations:

1. They got a faster train so they were much less than an hour after when they reached Bandung. But this feels unlikely since the distance between the stations is apparently just 17km, so the ride should be fairly quick.

2. Traffic was better so they could drive faster

3. The road block took a really long time. But this does not jibe with the fact that Leo seems to finish it fairly quickly. And Nicole, who really struggled, say she spent 40 minutes there.

Does anybody have any insights into this?

--- End quote ---

1. Nicole was being untruthful (no surprises there).
2. They got on a different train than shown, or perhaps the conductor lied. 
3. Teams struggled at the detour.
4. Tim & Marie and Jason & Amy did their detour quickly.

--- End quote ---

They did the roadblock faster too. ;)

Bookworm:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on November 26, 2013, 11:53:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: redskevin88 on November 26, 2013, 09:56:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jobby on November 26, 2013, 08:57:47 PM ---There was no animal abuse? :groan: If these rams head butt each other in the wild, they call it natural instinct and what animals do, but when humans set them up for it, they term it animal abuse?

I mean come on, it's not like they let them head butt each other till death. It was a local culture and I would instead see it that conservative people (and maybe some self righteous ones) are completely insensitive to culture.

--- End quote ---

You don't know American conservative people. Everything different that's not American they don't like.

--- End quote ---
I agree with Jobby. It's the rams' natural instincts to butt heads since they want to see whose horns are tougher, guessing both rams were males. Nobody or nothing was injured, it's part of a cultural and animal knowledge reference, and it's all in the fun and games for local Indonesians.

I have heard so many real animal abuse incidents like those vile and sickening dog fights Mexican cartels have organized (those beings just INFURIATE me! (:;) ) that have the audacity to let the losing dog die on the "spot". The ram task isn't abuse at all. Nature on PBS have shown moose butting heads and kangaroos kickboxing each other; it's natural instinct. Sorry, I just had to get that out there.

Here's a saying: "If you want to jump to conclusions, research it first."

--- End quote ---
Exactly. It's natural instinct for Rams to but heads to see who's the Alpha. It's Indonesian culture, and they understand that it's natural. However, if people are too conservative to understand different cultures, they they'll dislike it. It's like visiting the Plane Crash site last season. Many people complained and called it "un-American." How is it wrong to visit a memorial? It's not un-American to visit the USS Arizona Memorial in Peal Harbor, or to visit the Vietnam Memorial in DC, so how is it wrong to visit the Crashed Plane Memorial in Hanoi? Some people sadly are just to judgemental and misinterpret everything that has to do with culture.

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: Bookworm on November 27, 2013, 08:51:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on November 26, 2013, 11:53:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: redskevin88 on November 26, 2013, 09:56:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jobby on November 26, 2013, 08:57:47 PM ---There was no animal abuse? :groan: If these rams head butt each other in the wild, they call it natural instinct and what animals do, but when humans set them up for it, they term it animal abuse?

I mean come on, it's not like they let them head butt each other till death. It was a local culture and I would instead see it that conservative people (and maybe some self righteous ones) are completely insensitive to culture.

--- End quote ---

You don't know American conservative people. Everything different that's not American they don't like.

--- End quote ---
I agree with Jobby. It's the rams' natural instincts to butt heads since they want to see whose horns are tougher, guessing both rams were males. Nobody or nothing was injured, it's part of a cultural and animal knowledge reference, and it's all in the fun and games for local Indonesians.

I have heard so many real animal abuse incidents like those vile and sickening dog fights Mexican cartels have organized (those beings just INFURIATE me! (:;) ) that have the audacity to let the losing dog die on the "spot". The ram task isn't abuse at all. Nature on PBS have shown moose butting heads and kangaroos kickboxing each other; it's natural instinct. Sorry, I just had to get that out there.

Here's a saying: "If you want to jump to conclusions, research it first."

--- End quote ---
Exactly. It's natural instinct for Rams to but heads to see who's the Alpha. It's Indonesian culture, and they understand that it's natural. However, if people are too conservative to understand different cultures, they they'll dislike it. It's like visiting the Plane Crash site last season. Many people complained and called it "un-American." How is it wrong to visit a memorial? It's not un-American to visit the USS Arizona Memorial in Peal Harbor, or to visit the Vietnam Memorial in DC, so how is it wrong to visit the Crashed Plane Memorial in Hanoi? Some people sadly are just to judgemental and misinterpret everything that has to do with culture.

--- End quote ---
And that FOX controversy specifically ruined TAR22's chances for an Emmy. :'(

Kamineko:
I think nobody posted this. Teams got $31 for this leg of the race. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version