Author Topic: TAR 23 Ep 11 "Amazing 'Crazy' Race" Tokyo, Japan  (Read 33938 times)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Re: TAR 23 Ep 11 "Amazing 'Crazy' Race" Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
No matter how much I like Jason&Amy or Travis&Nicole, pics 35 to 37 just makes me angry, because it's such a big thing to build and they are wasting so much time...

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: TAR 23 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »

Given Japan's fascination with robots, they kinda look like one, particularly the one on the left which is standing up.  Not finding anything resembling them online yet.   :groan:

:funny:  yet another kind of Human Bowling in Japan on YouTube
:bunny

thanks for remembering... did some digging and may have nailed down the TV network for the Human Bowling [人間ボウリング] show.  Looks like it's broadcast by Nippon Television Network Corporation [日本テレビ放送網株式会社]

Headquarters / Head Office: 1-6-1 Higashi Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7444, Japan 

Kojimachi Studio (the studios): Nibancho, Chiyoda, Tokyo

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 09:53:07 AM »
Another Japanese game show?  :groan: I wonder if Arnold Chun will be getting some more work.
The last two caps are in the robot-building place--Shinjuku Central Park. In fact, you can see green vests on the ground in earlier caps.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
The Robot RoadBlock reminds me about this Piperoid

https://www.facebook.com/PIPEROID.jp

But I can not find anything big as in the race.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 09:56:33 AM »
The Roadblock looks to be the robot building thing as you can only see Marie, Amy, Nicole and Leo doing it with their partners off to the side.

Detour - Fish Bowl or Human Bowl?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
 :funny:  appears that fish tanks and phones are not uncommon in Tokyo.  It's not our phone, but it's still funny looking.

fish tank phone booth

Goldfish Club 金魚部 responsible for phone booth/goldfish art
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:29:12 AM by Boingo »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
Seems like Amy will help Nicole *again* *sigh*

Amy's probably helping Nicole because the two teams don't like Leo & Jamal and Amy wants to ensure that Travis & Nicole beat Leo & Jamal since the cousins have a Speedbump.  As for why Jason & Amy and Travis & Nicole dislike Leo & Jamal, the cousins have a habit of lying to other teams when there's no real need to.  That would annoy me if I had to deal with that a lot of the time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »
The one who did the Fish tank in the left photo is Amy. I'm not sure the one in the right is Amy or not although the color of bikini seems to be similar.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
LOL.........an Intersection............when was the last time they had one.......like 5-6 years ago. They didn't really work then and wont work now either.

Amy is helping Nicole because she knows she can beat her in the finale. Leo/Jamal would be a harder team to beat in the finale.

Nicole will get absolutely no help in her RB in the finale.

Watching the footrace to the mat last night between Tracole and Timarie made this very clear.  Nicole is noooo speedster.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:18:34 PM by a1mamacat »

Offline arubanna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »
Seems like Amy will help Nicole *again* *sigh*

Amy's probably helping Nicole because the two teams don't like Leo & Jamal and Amy wants to ensure that Travis & Nicole beat Leo & Jamal since the cousins have a Speedbump.  As for why Jason & Amy and Travis & Nicole dislike Leo & Jamal, the cousins have a habit of lying to other teams when there's no real need to.  That would annoy me if I had to deal with that a lot of the time!

THIS!

or.. is it possible that Nicole is the one who helps? it would be a nice payback for Amy..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:48:58 PM by arubanna »
TAR 23: The Doctors, The Wives, The Couple, The Exes <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
We don't really know who helps whom. Because based on the preview, when Amy feels nervous (looking to Leo or something), Nicole says that "focus on our task" or something similar. I feel that Nicole is calmer in this situation.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »
Maybe it's a case of mutual aid.  It looks like that task would be easier with two people, so it's possible that they worked with each other to build one and then the other.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
Maybe it's a case of mutual aid.  It looks like that task would be easier with two people, so it's possible that they worked with each other to build one and then the other.

Yeah, maybe they just worked with each other.  They do seem to have an alliance after all.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
YAY Tokyo!!! I've always wanted to go to Tokyo ...
The tasks look interesting...
Well why wouldn't they it's in Japan ....

I was really hoping ass-animals get their asses kicked off in this leg...
 :waves:
Having a Speedbump in final 4 was always tough to survive ...

But honestly Travis and Nicole's elimination will be really good for anyone's chance
If there's a memory challenge in the final leg, Travis and Nicole will have huge advantages over any other teams...

MrDeerShank

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
The one who did the Fish tank in the left photo is Amy. I'm not sure the one in the right is Amy or not although the color of bikini seems to be similar.

I thought the person in the tank on the right was Jason (they look as though they aren't wearing a bikini top as their shoulders are bare)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »
Preview!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ggE71mQcwXE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ggE71mQcwXE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:51:42 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:28:51 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:28:04 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36:07 PM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:26:36 PM by Alenaveda »

NoluckBoston

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »
Well that gave a lot away. I guess we know who the final three are.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »

I was thinking along similar lines -- if clip 53 was in Alaska, then that means the Doctors made it to the Final 3.  Also, Jamy was seen in a speedboat, presumably in the same location, and we already had reason to believe that they made the Final 3.  So if the indications that the Exes also made it to the Final 3 are correct, then we might as well say good-bye to the Afghanimals.  Not that I really mind, though Bookworm might.   ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2013, 10:41:28 PM »
Press Pics!

"Amazing ‘Crazy" Race" -- Emmy award winning host Phil Keoghan demonstrates the Active Route Marker in Juneau, Alaska. Teams must take a helicopter to Norris Glacier where they chip away at the ice to reveal the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Amazing ‘Crazy" Race" -- Emmy award winning host Phil Keoghan (right) stands at the Road Block in Juneau, Alaska. Teams must drop a sack a flour from a bush plane hundreds of feet in the air and hit the target below in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Amazing ‘Crazy" Race"--In this Speed Bump, Cousins Jamal (pictured) and Leo must become apprentice zoo keepers and help capture an escaped "rhino" during a drill at a Tokyo zoo on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Amazing ‘Crazy" Race"--In the Road Block, Married ER Doctor Nicole must build a giant robot in Shinjuku Central Park, Tokyo in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Amazing ‘Crazy" Race"--Married ER Doctors Nicole (left) and Travis (right) make their way to the next location in Tokyo, Japan on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"Amazing ‘Crazy" Race"--In this Active Route Marker, Exes Tim (left) and Marie (right) must search Shibuya Scramble Crossing in Tokyo for a roaming vending machine on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved  
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2013, 08:20:20 AM »
 :funny:  Just so happens there is a roaming Coke vending machine outside Shbuya station in Tokyo.   Go figure....  :funny:

article here

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:23:41 AM by Boingo »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »

Yeah thank you very much CBS!!!!  :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.