Author Topic: TAR 23 Ep 10 "Cobra in My Teeth" Bandung, Indonesia  (Read 49451 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: TAR 23 Ep 10 "Cobra in My Teeth" Bandung, Indonesia
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
I guess I was a little surprised to learn that the Cobra thing wasn't a FF, but originally I wasn't thinking FF (they've had one at F4, but it's been years, can't imagine one this late, esp in an all but likely NEL).  Still stunning to have it as an imperative task, but this should be a great segment (looks very interesting).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »
So, if not a FF, I think Tea Leaves is a half of the detour, along with Make Up. All 4 teams are performing one task or the other.

By the moment, it seems like we have no clue for a Roadblock, then? I would think the first task this leg is the Eating challenge (all together after the close finish we had the previous leg, and probably Timarie all alone mean they got a bit lost getting there). Then to Volcanoes, Detour, and finally another ARI or RB and off to the NEL Pitstop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »
and probably Timarie all alone mean they got a bit lost getting there

Or that they are first...right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »
I don't know why but the task previews for this leg makes me excited, and I haven't been much excited like this since, like, forever. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »

What I meant is that if they are alone, it's not probable to be so ahead of the other teams to not even see them at that task. :duno: That's why I spec the other three teams got there more or less together, and T/M did in last, but could be wrong, obviously. Maybe this is not the first task of the leg, who knows.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »

What I meant is that if they are alone, it's not probable to be so ahead of the other teams to not even see them at that task. :duno: That's why I spec the other three teams got there more or less together, and T/M did in last, but could be wrong, obviously. Maybe this is not the first task of the leg, who knows.
Because Tim & Marie are in front, only a few minutes behind the Afghanimals, I think that they're in first.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2013, 03:42:43 AM »
PRESS PICS!

Putting makeup on each other in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Dating couple Amy (left) and Jason (right) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jason made up in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Dating couple Amy and Jason (pictured) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Amy in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Dating couple Amy (pictured) and Jason must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jason and Amy in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Dating couple Jason (left) and Amy (right) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Eating snakes in Season 23 Episode 10
In this Route Marker, Exes Tim (left) and Marie (right) must each finish a serving of cobra before traveling by taxi to the main entrance of Kawah Domas Crater to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Marie in Season 23 Episode 10
In this Road Block, Marie (pictured) must hard boil six white and six brown eggs in a steaming, volcanic spring on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Searching through tea fields in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour B, Cousins Jamal (left) and Leo (right) must dress as an Indonesian tea worker and search for a pair of shears in the steep, terraced tea fields in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jamal and Leo in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Cousins Jamal (left) and Leo (right) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Dressing up in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Exes Tim (left) and Marie (center) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Boiling eggs in Season 23 Episode 10
In this Road Block, Travis (pictured) must hard boil six white and six brown eggs in a steaming, volcanic spring on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Making each other up in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Married Er Doctors Travis (left) and Nicole (right) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Nicole and Travis in Season 23 Episode 10
In Detour A, Married ER Doctors Nicole (left) and Travis (right) must make each other up as a traditional Javanese bride in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2013, 03:48:29 AM »
So Afghanimals does both of detours, maybe they switch from Tea to Makeup

Offline inilham

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Bukan Traveler
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 04:15:53 AM »
Because of this is leg 10 and there are 4 team remains, did they expect (with certainty) that this leg is a NEL? So they're not worried about ellimination.  :funny:
Go go Afghanimals!!

#TeamSeattle - TAR: 7 Continents!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 04:36:00 AM »
Locations:

https://foursquare.com/v/king-cobra-house/

Do we know the site of the makeup task? Any of our on the ground crew know?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »
Sneak Peek up in post 2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »
A few things of note from CBS press photos & write-ups

- The snake task is before the volcano
- The RB (boiling eggs) is at a volcano

so you know the snake task --->volcano route marker ---->RB

Also in the screen cap of Travis doing the RB, he still has his moustache. The screen cap of him at the Detour shows it shaved off. Ergo, RB --->Detour

-Afghanimals are just starting their RB with Jason in the bknd being further along in the RB task. So i'm guessing they try the tea Detour first, then change their minds. They must either not have spent long on the tea task before changing, or its location is near the other Detour option for them to change tasks and not be that far behind Jason/Amy's progress.

snake task --->Volcano route marker ---->Roadblock ---->Detour ---->pitstop is my guess.

ETA: it's Jason/Amy in the bknd not Nicole/Travis. Nicole's black/blue jacket can be seen on the right so both J/A and N/T are at the makeup when Afghanimals arrive.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:56:24 PM by Rabbit »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
^ If you see the caps Tim is also freshly shaved in the detour in comparison with the compra eating, while the afghanimals are not shaved in their pitstop interview. So maybe they went first to the make-up and then changed to the tea because they didn't want to shave or put the make-up.

Offline Rabbit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
^ If you see the caps Tim is also freshly shaved in the detour in comparison with the compra eating, while the afghanimals are not shaved in their pitstop interview. So maybe they went first to the make-up and then changed to the tea because they didn't want to shave or put the make-up.

good catch regarding the afghanimals pitstop interview. So i guess i had their choice backwards. Make-up first, then tea.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »
I think it is a KOR-leg :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
Woah! Nice job noticing that!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

MrDeerShank

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
Woah! Nice job noticing that!

Similarly with the Roadblock picture of Travis and the Detour picture - he's not shaven in the Roadblock picture but is at the Detour picture, so looks like Roadblock -> Cobra eating -> Detour

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »
Which racer will be the first to say..........."It tastes like chicken!"
Matthew 7:15

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »

We'll see. If there wasn't one earlier, I would think this is a definite KOR leg.  Sure as heck beats a NEL a week before the finale
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2013, 03:04:32 PM »

We'll see. If there wasn't one earlier, I would think this is a definite KOR leg.  Sure as heck beats a NEL a week before the finale

It can't be a KOR leg because we've seen pitstop interviews from the Afghanimals and it's in the same place as the last leg, obviously they stayed at the same place after the end of both legs.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »

Could you please explain what KOR stands for?  I know what NEL and TBC stand for, but not KOR.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »

Could you please explain what KOR stands for?  I know what NEL and TBC stand for, but not KOR.

KOR = Keep on race, same as TBC

Except that in a KOR leg, the first team gets a prize, there is a greeter, Phil talks with you, but instead of being eliminated or given a speed bump, the last team gets to run off and keep racing. 

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »

Great job noticing that! :cheer: :tup:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2013, 07:11:36 AM »

Except that in a KOR leg, the first team gets a prize, there is a greeter, Phil talks with you, but instead of being eliminated or given a speed bump, the last team gets to run off and keep racing.

KOR really sounds confusing. I had to figure it out by myself the 1st time. Even guests or newbies get confused with KOR. According to some, KOR could mean Korea, etc... Which is why I use TBC instead of KOR. :)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »

KOR really sounds confusing. I had to figure it out by myself the 1st time. Even guests or newbies get confused with KOR. According to some, KOR could mean Korea, etc... Which is why I use TBC instead of KOR. :)

Except a TBC is not a KOR. They do have the same basic effect though.

A Keep on Racing leg is a normal leg. Teams are checked in 1, 2, 3.....etc. Prize is awarded for first place. Then a team/s are told to keep on racing, ie, it is a zero hour pit stop. In a TBC, the same leg is just continued...A KOR has two separate legs.

I do realize there is a subtle difference. Maybe a better definition is that a TBC is just a very long leg with a midpoint that Phil hands out a clue.  A KOR is two separate legs without a pit stop between them or a zero hour pit stop. A good example of a KOR is Leg 1/2 or TAR 18, which you can find on YouTube if you want to see it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:02:19 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15