Author Topic: TAR Philippines 2 - NEWS and DISCUSSION  (Read 43392 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: The Amazing Race Philippines 2 - Coming THIS OCTOBER!
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 04:54:45 AM »
Also, Derek is going to be in Canada on the 16th for a Filipino expo, so filming will have to start soon after that.

Why the upcoming season could be film by later of this month? I think it could be race across Asia like TARCan2, with most legs in the Philippines and some are in Asian countries.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR Philippines 2 - Premieres THIS OCTOBER! - NEWS and DISCUSSION
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »
Emmy winning activeTV President and (TARA/TARAu1 & 2/HaMerotz LaMillion) Executive Producer/Director Michael McKay says:

https://twitter.com/McKayActivetv/status/511263983630680064

I'll trust him!  :conf:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR Philippines 2 - Coming THIS OCTOBER! - NEWS and DISCUSSION
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 01:56:51 AM »
The big TARPh presscon is taking place in a few hours! :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2014, 05:58:11 AM »
So excited! I'm going to probably record it and upload it on YouTube :lol:

The schedule though, same as last season but every weekday at 7 PM :res:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2014, 06:12:10 AM »

yes please!  ;)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »

7:30 actually  :)

But Derek promised a lot harder Race with a lot more drama, so those five episodes should go by quick.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR Philippines 2 - Premieres OCTOBER 6th! - NEWS and DISCUSSION
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 06:28:49 AM »
They interviewed Derek during TV5's newscast "Aksyon" right before the presscon and the main points:

-Premieres OCTOBER 6th at 7:30pm, Monday-Friday with Sunday replays.
-Bigger, more exciting, a lot harder.
-A diverse group of teams, MAJOR contrast in personalities = a lot of drama and fighting.
-Lots of teamups and lots of backstabbing.
-"When you're Racing and there's that element of competition..." *laughs* "..like they say, it brings out your true character."
-"every single one" of the teams was very competitive and it shows with all the material they got.
-Right on the first episode, you'll see how exciting this season will be.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2014, 07:34:06 AM »
TEAMS REVEALED!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sALRkznrSQ8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sALRkznrSQ8</a>

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »

Are you going to record the episodes too???  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 03:22:24 AM »
activeTV Press Release:

activeTV Asia completes another season of The Amazing Race Philippines 2

Sep 23, 2014
    SINGAPORE – Major production house, activeTV Asia, today announced the completion of The Amazing Race Philippines Season 2.

For the first time ever, viewers will get to enjoy a nightly half hour version of award-winning American series, The Amazing Race, in this second season of the show.

Set to air on 6 October 2014 exclusively on free to air broadcaster TV5, The Amazing Race Philippines will be broadcast every day from Mondays to Sundays for 10 weeks. Viewers can now catch the exciting action and real-life drama in condensed half-hour episodes every day. Typically, each episode of The Amazing Race is an hour-long and aired once a week, so the nightly version created a number of challenges for activeTV to overcome.

The Amazing Race Philippines 2, hosted by Derek Ramsay, will see 11 teams of two, race around the country, in a bid to be the last team standing, and win the coveted title as winners of The Amazing Race Philippines 2 and cash prize of ₱2 million from PLDT Home Telpad, 2 house and land lots from RCD Royal Homes and 2 brand new Kia Sportage cars.

Riding on the success of its first season in 2012, activeTV assembled an international team of experienced producers and a vast team of local crew for The Amazing Race Philippines 2, and oversaw the entire production of the series. From casting, to scouting of locations in the Philippines to final production, the activeTV crew handled every aspect of what is regarded as the most complex of reality shows.

Directed by Michael McKay, President of activeTV, a total of 39 cameras were used throughout the filming process to capture the thrilling competition and action of the teams, as well as the scenic landscapes of Philippines.

“The challenges of a nightly version were considerable from a production and planning view point and co-creator Bertram van Munster, ABC Disney and our team worked closely together to develop a format that would suit the half hour, nightly format,” McKay said.

“This meant dropping the Fast Forward and ensuring the action could be condensed into half hour installments but still keep the pace that The Amazing Race is famous for,” McKay added, obviously delighted with the outcome.

“We have an amazing team behind this season, with their wide array of expertise and experience. I believe we have produced a fantastic season with a diverse cast, and captured the beauty of the Philippines from a myriad of angles. Beyond the competition, I am proud to see The Amazing Race series showcasing what a beautiful and fascinating country the Philippines is”.

“I think I’ve seen more of the country than most Filipinos. It is a stunningly diverse and beautiful country and I loved shooting this series”.

Margie C. Natividad, Vice President, Production Unit Head Entertainment TV of TV5 Network Inc. shared, “The Amazing Race is undoubtedly one of the world’s most watched TV programs and it has found its home in the Philippines at TV5.”

“Aside from winning the award of Outstanding Adapted Reality Program in the recent Golden Screen TV Awards (given by The Entertainment Press Society), once again, TV5 is out to prove that there is more to Philippine primetime television than soap operas with the upcoming season of The Amazing Race Philippines 2.”

“In this second installment of American TV franchise in the Philippines, the obstacles are made more exciting, more thrilling, and more amazing in different destinations across the country for the 11 hopeful pairs who will try to surpass each other to be first to reach the finish line. This season’s audition turnout was 400% higher than the last season with aspiring races coming from all points of the archipelago,” Natividad added.

“With the help of activeTV, the second season has definitely changed the way our racers strategise and prepare their game plan. Their expertise on putting up a great race has made this season even life-changing for some of the racers as relationships have become stronger. The race around the Philippines will definitely showcase the beauty of the different islands that we have conquered. It is also remarkable that the production staff is composed of so many races and different nationalities yet we only have one goal, and that is to create great content with high production value. What’s even more amazing is that all foreign crews fell in love instantaneously with the Philippines. If only for that, TV5 is proud to have partnered with the best in the industry. Thank you to activeTV Asia for this awesome experience and we hope to add up another award and recognition for this excellent work,” said Natividad.

The Amazing Race Philippines 2 is the third race for activeTV this year. activeTV was previously involved in the latest American version of The Amazing Race Season 25 with CBS and Worldrace Productions, and is currently producing The Amazing Race Israeli Season 4 with Reshet TV.
http://www.campaignasia.com/Article/390567,activetv-asia-completes-another-season-of-the-amazing-race-philippines-2.aspx

ERamos

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 03:54:22 AM »
The cast looks promising.  :hearts: definitely gonna watch this

I don't like the Mondays-Fridays schedule though.Making it look like PBB and teleseryes.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 04:00:44 AM »
I don't like the Mondays-Fridays schedule though.Making it look like PBB and teleseryes.
Yeah, but that's just what TV5 needs to do I guess to maximize profit out of the show.

Still, the most interesting part about the press release is that the show will air for 10 weeks.  They say they've fixed the daily format which presumably means they fixed season 1's strange schedule with Legs starting and ending on different days of the week. 

It is possible we might only have 10 Legs, but 5 episodes each Leg?  Otherwise, they would have break up Legs in strange ways again which it appears they want to avoid with activeTV taking over post-production.

ERamos

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 04:12:44 AM »
Maybe they'll do a 2 hour finale on a Saturday.IDK let's just see.  :umn:

I recognize Juan Direction and RR. RR is Willie Revillame's former host, right?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 04:15:05 AM »
Maybe they'll do a 2 hour finale on a Saturday.IDK let's just see.  :umn:

I recognize Juan Direction and RR. RR is Willie Revillame's former host, right?
Yup, RR is Willie's former Wowowee co-host.
Funny though, first season it was former Eat Bulaga EB Babe Saida and now former Wowowee co-host RR.  Hope RR is just as fun as Saida was. hehe

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 04:19:36 AM »
Here's the official TV5 upload of the team reveal:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S7ca4ZO6kqc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S7ca4ZO6kqc</a>

ERamos

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 04:44:07 AM »
No fast forwards?  :o

Just did a little Google search, Luz was a houseguest from PBB.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2014, 05:08:20 AM »
No fast forwards?  :o

Just did a little Google search, Luz was a houseguest from PBB.
Yeah, no FF. It's interesting because it seems they are really going to try a brand new format for this season.  It's actually kinda exciting to see what they've come up with.

And yeah, I had no idea Luz was on PBB either. (I haven't watch PBB since the first season lol)

ERamos

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2014, 05:46:58 AM »
It's OK for me to have the FFs gone for this season. It keeps the suspense in a daily format like this.

Am I the only one here who hates the Intersections and Salvage Pass? I hope they're gone this season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2014, 07:01:27 AM »
I'm surprised! I enjoyed Season 1's cast, and this cast looks good too! ;D

Can't wait!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2014, 08:48:24 AM »
Fascinating article here!

Michael McKay directed!

Airing in DAILY HALF HOUR SEGMENTS  :o  Mon thru Sat Starting Oct 6!

http://www.campaignasia.com/Article/390567,activeTV+Asia+completes+another+season+of+The+Amazing+Race+Philippines+2.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2014, 08:50:04 AM »
Lol. Sorry, old news? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
It will be interesting to see 30 minute episodes unlike last season's over bloated one hour episodes. Hopefully it will be good!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 03:24:42 PM »
Fascinating article here!

Michael McKay directed!

Airing in DAILY HALF HOUR SEGMENTS  :o  Mon thru Sat Starting Oct 6!

http://www.campaignasia.com/Article/390567,activeTV+Asia+completes+another+season+of+The+Amazing+Race+Philippines+2.aspx

Yup, Michael McKay and activeTV were apparently a lot more involved this season.  Even Bertram himself helped plan the season! This is probably what they discussed when he met with TV5 executives in April.

It'll air 30 minutes Monday-Friday with marathons of the week's episodes on Saturday and Sunday.

It will be interesting to see 30 minute episodes unlike last season's over bloated one hour episodes. Hopefully it will be good!

First season was also half hour episodes though? But with the amount of commercials in the Philippines, even on TV5, it can feel like an hour lol

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Official website updated with the teams:
http://www.tv5.com.ph/show/amazingraceph