Author Topic: 14 All Stars play Soccer!  (Read 8428 times)

Offline Brown Guy

• RFF Sr. Member
    • My Site!
14 All Stars play Soccer!
« on: July 30, 2004, 09:09:37 PM »
I found this article at:http://www.survivorshrine.com/s9/articles/07.28.04.shtml

14 Survivors Together for One Event
article submitted by eZohn.com
July 28, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Ethan Zohn and 13 All-Star Survivors for a fun Soccer-themed fundraiser in Lancaster, PA.

Scheduled to appear:
Ethan Zohn
Amber Brkich
Rob Mariano
Rupert Boneham
Richard Hatch
Rudy Boesch
Tina Wesson
Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien         
Jenna Lewis
Jenna Morasca
Rob Cesternino
Lex Van Den Berghe
Colby Donaldson
Shii Ann Huang

Watch the All-Stars take on professional soccer players from Manchester United, The Republic of Ireland, World Cup Teams, professional coaches and others!

When: August 27th and 28th
Where: Lancaster, PA
Tickets: $10 for children 5-18 and $15 for adults.
More Info: http://www.oneononesoccer.com/eventgrass.html

There will also be a fund-raising dinner at Liberty Place featuring an auction, a musical performance by Gaines and a 90-minute improvisational comedy act by Mochrie and Sherwood. For an invitation to the Aug. 28 dinner, contact Terri Givens at 468-0845. Tickets for the dinner cost $250.

Proceeds from all the weekend's events will benefit Grassroot Soccer and Project Hope.
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around!
~John Tudor

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 14 All Stars play Soccer!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 06:23:49 AM »
Cool  how far is that from you Wendy and Puddin?  Are either of you going to try to go.  That isn't a bad price at all.  No Tom but Rupert will be there...

t

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 10:10:19 AM »
When: August 27th and 28th
Where: Lancaster, PA
Tickets: $10 for children 5-18 and $15 for adults.
More Info: http://www.oneononesoccer.com/eventgrass.html
Its not far from me at all T . but, I cant go ..we have like 3 weddings to go to that weekend  8-)' .....which to choose which to choose ??

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 05:35:13 PM »
Survivor people are better then a wedding, lol...

t

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 03:01:59 PM »
sounds like it will be a fun event!  Good for all of them to help out and get together for this event!!  (#)

so who fromt he 18 will nto be there

Jeri
Sue
Tom
Alicia

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 06:19:44 PM »
Yup but oh well...

t

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 10:10:21 PM »
This would be a good game to watch.  Something that Ethan can shine at. 

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 11:57:24 PM »
He is pretty good at lots of stuff, but he would definately be in his element there...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 07:02:50 PM »
Update..I wish I could have been their  **:)**

http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/4/8202

Wow! It's 'total mayhem' when 'Survivor' all-stars come to town for fund-raiser
By Jane Holahan
Lancaster New Era

Published: Aug 28, 2004 1:02 PM EST

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - Brothers Justin, 7, and Jason, 5, Litofsky of Manheim Township may not be washing their arms for a long, long time.
“Survivor” all-stars Rupert Boneham and Ethan Zohn autographed their tiny forearms with giant signatures after playing two soccer matches Friday night at Lanco Fieldhouse in East Petersburg, which pitted the “Survivor” all-stars against professional soccer players.

This morning, the boys were back at the fieldhouse with their mom, Kelly, ready for a soccer clinic that Zohn and Todd Hoffard, national director of One on One Soccer, were holding with a number of professional soccer players.

“It was a packed house last night,’’ Kelly Litofsky said this morning as her boys suited up for the clinic. “They really wanted to see Rupert. All the girls were screaming for Ethan, but when Rupert came out everyone just went crazy.’’

“There was total mayhem,’’ said Hoffard, who played with a number of professional soccer teams, including the Philadelphia Kixx, Cleveland Crunch and Harrisburg Heat before founding One on One, which began in Lancaster and has grown into a national soccer training franchise.

“When Rupert came out of the tunnel, there were 2,000 people screaming and yelling. I told Ethan I wanted to come out of retirement. I missed that buzz,’’ Hoffard said with a laugh.

It’s all part of Zohn’s Survivor Gala, which brought soccer pros and the celebrities of “Survivor’’ together to raise funds for Zohn’s Grassroot Soccer, a charity to help kids with AIDS/HIV in Africa.

Zohn, who played soccer professionally in South Africa and here in the United States, used the $1million he won on “Survivor Africa” to start the charity.

Early last year, Hoffard, who was friends with Zohn, began working with the charity and it wasn’t long before the two realized they each could bring something to the table.

“Todd and his company are embedded in the soccer community,’’ said Zohn. “He knows soccer and I know ‘Survivor.’ So I figured, why not try to get all the Survivors together and Todd could get the players and the coaches.’’

It fit together perfectly.

Hoffard was able to bring soccer stars like Lee Sharpe, who played for England’s Manchester United, and Terry Phelan, of Ireland’s World Cup team in 1994. Tony DiCicco, coach of the 1999 Women’s World Cup, was also on hand.

And Zohn was able to bring plenty of Survivor stars on board.

“‘Survivor’ reaches so many people, so why not take it on the road?’’ asks Zohn. “During the (TV show) we aren’t such great friends, but finally here, we can all be on one team and have a common goal. Nobody is going to vote anyone off the island.’’

Among the “Survivor” all stars who were part of the event were Richard Hatch, the winner of the first “Survivor’’; Amber Brkich, winner of the all-star game last year; her fiancé, Rob Mariano, who was second in the all-star game; Jenna Mohasca, winner of “Survivor: Amazon’’; Tina Wesson, winner of “Survivor: The Australian Outback,’’ and Rudy Boesch, who took third in the first “Survivor’’ series.

Hoffard and Zohn both hope the event will spread across the country and also become an annual event here in Lancaster.

“It’s blossomed into this big event,’’ says Hoffard. “It’s just been fantastic.’’

Tonight, there will be a black-tie gala at Liberty Place, featuring dinner, with entertainment by musician Jeffrey Gaines. After dinner, a live auction will be held and Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood, of “Whose Line Is It Anyway,’’ will entertain the audience with their improv comedy.

Ninety percent of the proceeds from today’s clinics, Friday’s game and tonight’s gala, will go to GrassRoot Soccer and 10 percent will go to Lancaster-based Project Hope.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 03:33:25 PM »
sounds like a good turn out!!