Archive > The Amazing Race 24 Spoilers

TAR 24 Maps

<< < (2/6) > >>

paradoxinee:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on March 10, 2014, 04:24:54 PM ---I can't find the hunting task; the nearest "Linsuk" I can find is 20 km away. The business with the O'Learys is strange. They carried something heavy all the way back to the fish pond, then hiked again to the (unknown) finish point. All they had to do was present a "piece of wood" to the river guide. ???

--- End quote ---

They said something about the sixth bridge, right? I tried to count the bridges. I'm not sure but the hunting place might not be too far from the first one.

Do you think the Linsuk is somewhere near Pulou Hanging Bridge?

And I found the route is strange when the clue giver has to be somewhere down in the end of the river but how the teams get their taxis after that because all the taxis are in Kampung Tompinahaton

Slowhatch:

--- Quote ---And I found the route is strange when the clue giver has to be somewhere down in the end of the river but how the teams get their taxis after that because all the taxis are in Kampung Tompinahaton
--- End quote ---
The note at the bottom of the clue card advises the racers to hold their taxis; it must be one of those circular rivers.  :snicker:

Leg 4 seems straightforward except for one thing: the editors would have us think they took taxis from the airport, but teams have been taking the train into KL Sentral ever since TAR3.

georgiapeach:
Great job Slowhatch! :tup:

maf:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on March 17, 2014, 11:30:53 PM ---
--- Quote ---And I found the route is strange when the clue giver has to be somewhere down in the end of the river but how the teams get their taxis after that because all the taxis are in Kampung Tompinahaton
--- End quote ---
The note at the bottom of the clue card advises the racers to hold their taxis; it must be one of those circular rivers.  :snicker:

--- End quote ---

I noted this as well. But there are two simple explanations. Either production told the taxis where to go to pick up their teams or production transported the teams back to their taxis after they had completed the detour.

But what I think could have happened is, note that this is pure speculation, that they used the taxis to transport the camera crew. it goes something like this:

* Teams arrive and everybody gets out of the taxi to film them build their raft.
* After teams have departed on their raft the camera crew jumps back into the taxi and travel to their detour option.
* The trip on the river is filmed by other crews on a boat and fixed cameras on land by the rapids.
* At the village or jungle tour the camera crew meet up with their team and film them.
* Once teams go out on the river again the camera crew jumps into the taxi and travel to the clue giver at the end of the river.
* Here they eventually meet up with their team.I have a couple of reasons to suspect this:

* The camera crew could probably not have followed the team on a boat through the rapids so they had to go another route.
* This neatly explains why Dave & Connor couldn't stop at the jungle detour, their camera team wasn't there. In order to do that detour they would have had to wait for the camera crew to make their way there,
But all of this is pure speculation.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on March 10, 2014, 04:24:54 PM ---Leg 3

* Kionsum waterfall
* Kampung Tompinahaton
* This community fish pond seems to match the grocery drop-offPeach already found Tanjung Aru; the confessionals seem to be on the beach (Shangri-La resort, perhaps? Photo source)
I can't find the hunting task; the nearest "Linsuk" I can find is 20 km away. The business with the O'Learys is strange. They carried something heavy all the way back to the fish pond, then hiked again to the (unknown) finish point. All they had to do was present a "piece of wood" to the river guide. ???

--- End quote ---

I think this is the location of the food delivery detour. I haven't found the blowpipe detour location either.

Just some observations.......
a) The raft build/put in point in the river is on the left bank or near bank. The river in the episode flows from right to left. The take out point on the river is on the near bank from the episode. The river is flowing the same direction in both cases. Both detour locations are on the other side of the river. The food delivery is first, then the rapids, then the blowpipe detour. In the GE screenshot above, there are 3 nice sets of rapid just below the food delivery detour location, including one that looks like the real sharp turn that caught L/J and the Globes. The highway is also on the near side of the river. That's the reason that D/C had to cross that bridge both ways.

b) When D/C realize that they have missed their detour, Dave says that they have to keep going. Where would they be going, but the take out point? Where ever they came out of the river to run the food back to the delivery point, it is impossible that it was closer than doing the delivery at the  posted sign. There are no meanders in that part of the river to make it "shorter".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version