Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 19556 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Well Afganimals have become the first team in the US Season to survive being U-Turned twice.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Travis & Nicole and Afghanimals come face-to-face. As the pressure mounts in Indonesia, Nicole resorts to desperate measures. Looks like the roadblock and Nicole is struggling. Nicole runs to the judging area as Jamal (?) is getting his thing judged to try to peek...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Did I just saw an ad for TAR 12 and 13 out on DVD?

Just now? After how many years?  :stare

Such a good episode tonight, I'm so sad to see Nicky&Kim going home... They grew on me so fast I didn't even notice it... I have now another reason to hate Tim&Marie, such a dumb way to use the last u-turn "the bunnies don't deserve to still be in the race" in comparition to Ashley&Ally?! How does that makes any sense?! Did anybody tell Marie that Revenge is a huge Karma and Karma is one of the main reasons a competent team doesn't win the final leg and the entire race?! It doesn't make sense!

Beside that Marie's choice, this was such a great episode, I felt so many emotions watching the bunnies struggling and getting over their fears and being a competent team finishing every task ahead of them... Probably they didn't do the roadblock though...

I'm mad and surprise because I didn't expect to feel this way about Nicky&Kim, I know they were not gonna win but I'm also happy because in the books they will be remember as the threat who was U-Turned by one of the strongest team in TAR23...  :hrt:

Next week on The Amazing Race...

Travis & Nicole and Afghanimals come face-to-face. As the pressure mounts in Indonesia, Nicole resorts to desperate measures. Looks like the roadblock and Nicole is struggling. Nicole runs to the judging area as Jamal (?) is getting his thing judged to try to peek...

Did I see Leo running away from Nicole?  :funny:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did I see Leo running away from Nicole?  :funny:

You're probably right. I didn't really see who it was. :funny:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!

Such a good episode tonight, I'm so sad to see Nicky&Kim going home... They grew on me so fast I didn't even notice it... I have now another reason to hate Tim&Marie, such a dumb way to use the last u-turn "the bunnies don't deserve to still be in the race" in comparition to Ashley&Ally?! How does that makes any sense?! Did anybody tell Marie that Revenge is a huge Karma and Karma is one of the main reasons a competent team doesn't win the final leg and the entire race?! It doesn't make sense!

Beside that Marie's choice, this was such a great episode, I felt so many emotions watching the bunnies struggling and getting over their fears and being a competent team finishing every task ahead of them... Probably they didn't do the roadblock though...

I'm mad and surprise because I didn't expect to feel this way about Nicky&Kim, I know they were not gonna win but I'm also happy because in the books they will be remember as the threat who was U-Turned by one of the strongest team in TAR23...  :hrt:

Tim & Marie were thinking emotionally and that's why they used the U-Turn.  Had they been thinking strategically, they would probably have U-Turned Ally & Ashley since the Ice Girls were closely aligned with the Afghanimals.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Tim & Marie were thinking emotionally and that's why they used the U-Turn.  Had they been thinking strategically, they would probably have U-Turned Ally & Ashley since the Ice Girls were closely aligned with the Afghanimals.

You should watch Insider Videos. Tim & Ally has some affairs going on. That's why they did not U-Turn Ice girls.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1

You should watch Insider Videos. Tim & Ally has some affairs going on. That's why they did not U-Turn Ice girls.

I forgot about that--- my bad  :groan:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Does anyone think Tim & Marie would U-turn Jason & Amy if they reached the U-turn board before Jamy?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly

Yes you did. It's a surprise that word didn't come from other media first and as of yesterday, there had been nothing on Amazon (as I've been expecting TAR 12 to come out any time now.) I am surprised to learn they are releasing post season 12 on DVD, as seasons 13 to 23 have been available for purchase and download from I-Tunes.

As to the episode, I loved it, especially having camels on TAR again. Great task and cute as heck. That was a horrendous leg for the Bunnies because they were faced with both a Speed Bump and a U-Turn, and their problems with the sand buggy and directions, and it was very obvious they were going out this leg.

Nicole-Travis no longer have their crutch of the express pass, so if they run into trouble, they could be out. I have to wonder what may come as to them and Lepo-Jamal going forward as a result of that U-Turn.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have mixed feeling about the episode...

I loved the tasks they were great and challenging, except for maybe the wedding dinner task and the Speed Bump.

U-Turn Drama is always fun <3

But the linear did not suit well here. Teams were already spread apart which didn't really allow for many face offs or competition which I like seeing. And these types of legs almost guarantees that the last place team goes home with the speed bump.

I liked the Bunnies, I wish they would have stayed and Leo & Jamal were sent home.

And I didn't like how the U-Turn played out. Both of the U-Turns were personal, which I don't like. I like strategic ones.

And you have to love the camels <3

Anyways, I'm done venting. :funny:

Offline Quoc Nghia

• RFF Not So Newbie
Bunnies went home and was u-turned by Tim&Marie.  :tantrum

Beside this sad elimination. This is a really good epidsode. All the tasks are awesome. I'm really happy because Nicky and Kim finished all the task. I don't know why CBS have to pull 7 person come back for the 3rd time while there're a lot of good teams from S19 to S23. :(

And Afganimals  have grown in my list. Maybe they're annoying but they're a good competitor.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Even with the U-TURN, Ally and Ashley are 5th. :funny:

Even without Leo and Jamal continuing with the lead, Jason and Amy are 2nd.  :groan:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 8 (United Arab Emirates) Analysis
This episode was okay, but I didn't really feel the race love. The vast sand dunes of the Emirates worked well in the beginning and I wish they had just held the race there instead of driving to Al-Ain. Traveling in dune buggies would have been more challenging and emotionally irritated that it would make for good Race material. Having an Arab local get a clue down from a tree was so pointless. Why not let the teams poke down the clue with a very long stick? :res: But I guess TAR is too "high-maintenance" with their VIP teams now. Whatever (with an attitude).

DETOUR: Wedding And A Feast or Beauty With A Beast
These tasks were so race generic. It lacked much challenge and uniqueness. Chopping vegetables and deboning a chicken, that's basically simple cooking! Dressing up a camel was just as much challenge as making a bowl of instant soup.
DETOUR SCORE: 2/10

ROADBLOCK: Manmade whitewater rafting
A twist to TAR17's Kiruna husky dog sledding, this task proved how challenging it is to stay stable on the level 4 jet-propelled rapids. Some did find it easier than others, but remained a slight challenge to Nicole, Ally, and Nicky. By the way, has anyone noticed that the Detour always comes before a Roadblock this season?
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 7/10

SPEED BUMP: (Nicky & Kim) Swim through wave generating pool
I like this extra task, it's a little challenging, but still quick. However, I'd tweak where Nicky & Kim had to start to swim by having them swim towards the charging waves to make it more emotionally challenging for them. :lol:
SB SCORE: 8/10

OTHER RANDOM SCORES:
U-TURN SCORE: 5/10
SAND DUNE TROUBLES SCORE: 8/10
CAMEL DIVA ATTITUDE SCORE: 11/10
MARIE-BEING-A-BIT¢H SCORE: 6/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't think Marie's decision was purely sentimental. I mean, they just got lost running around aimlessly, so obviously the only way to give themselves a cushion would be to U-Turn the team that you know is behind you and that you know still has to perform the Speedbump. Revenge was just the icing on the cake.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
GREAT! Another one of my pick went home!

when will those dumb blondes go home already!!!  (:;)

This leg was better than the last one though!

Roadblock was good detour was good all is well ...

Pit-stop was okay too ...

Leo and Jamal and Nicky and Kim are U-turned ... I called it folks!

Even if Tim and Marie didn't U-turn Nicky and Kim chances are they're still going home cause they struggled on that speed bump

Man! the speed bump looks physically though!

Looking forward to Bandung. Indonesia is always Intense!!!!  :wohoo:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
This leg could've been great, but because of its linear-ish leg design, I didn't like it that much.

Detour was unbalanced, camel one looked too easy than the cooking, but still good tasks IMO
Liked the RB and all the other miscellaneous tasks for this leg, and also the Pit Stop. :)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
i think this leg is better than the last leg. i was rooting for the doctors but not anymore. They u-turned Jamal & Leo because they were "lying" about the previous u-turn?? in their confessional Nicole said "we are running this race in a honest way" but in the next leg preview she cheat on Leo at the roadblock. Hellooo....!!!  :dick :dick :dick  i hope they didn't make it to the final 3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Does anyone think Tim & Marie would U-turn Jason & Amy if they reached the U-turn board before Jamy?

I think Jason & Amy would've u-turned Tim & Marie if Jamy knew that the exes got lost to the u-turn.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
By the way, has anyone noticed that the Detour always comes before a Roadblock this season?

Yup. :res: Except for the one on the 1st leg of course. Dunno if this is a coincidence or not.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
This leg was just almost as great as the European legs this season. :hearts:
-The coins were more boring than what I expected, but at least I got to see something that has to be kept from a previous leg.
-EP usage was okay-good. They didn't have any other choices anyway, besides the roadblock.
-U-turn was somehow personal :crazy: , but as long it's used, it's alright. It's better than those that are unused/wasted like the u-turn in TAR19Leg7.
-Navigation drama. :conf:
-Roadblock looks cool to me. 8)
-Speedbump was okay-good. The wave coming every 90 seconds is... good. :colors
-Sad to see the bunnies go. :( I wish I could see them race again.
-Jamy still 2nd. :funny: Their pit stop moment with Phil was :lol: .
-Ice Girls finishing between the u-turn victims again (with Afghanimals ahead of them).
-Afghanimals survived 2 u-turns. Very impressive to me. :umn: They finish 3rd to the last with Ice Girls and other u-turn victim behind them.
-Ice Girls are... holding a record? :crazy: 6th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 5th Then when I remembered about the Afghanimals roadblock mistake during Leg 1, I realized that the Ice Girls would've have a 7th in the 1st leg. :funny: :funny: :funny:
-Ice Girls are underdogs. They're not really a strong team, not even close to one. They just got lucky that they made it to the F5. I wonder how far they'll go. ;) :keeta:
-Pit Stop view is awesome! :)

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!

I think Jason & Amy would've u-turned Tim & Marie if Jamy knew that the exes got lost to the u-turn.

Nah I think Tim and Marie would still U-turn Nicky and Kim
Jamy were not that far behind they would have survived
Tim and Marie were starting to get in good terms with Jamy I doubt they would screw that again

If it was the other way around, NAH! Jamy are not mean-spirited racers they would just bypass it...
Besides, Leo and Jamal were already U-turned and The girls hadn't showed up at all. There was no point to use it

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

Nah I think Tim and Marie would still U-turn Nicky and Kim
Jamy were not that far behind they would have survived
Tim and Marie were starting to get in good terms with Jamy I doubt they would screw that again

If it was the other way around, NAH! Jamy are not mean-spirited racers they would just bypass it...
Besides, Leo and Jamal were already U-turned and The girls hadn't showed up at all. There was no point to use it
"Jamy are not mean spirited racers"
Yeah, that's why they told Phil to give (the innocent in this situation) Tim & Marie a penalty (:;)
totally not mean-spirited..... :stare
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Did they tell Phil to give Tim & Marie a penalty, don't remember any of that of what you said? ???

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Did they tell Phil to give Tim & Marie a penalty, don't remember any of that of what you said? ???

Yup.

Jason: Our friends here...stole our cab...tampered with our bags... I think they should get a penalty.

Marie: Oh we didn't touch your bags!

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
they're both still in

no need to brag!

move on!

there are still 4 legs to go ...   :)