Author Topic: TAR 23 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 19557 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:
IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Sports delays.

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  Other feeds may be way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! 

Anyone breaking the rule is at risk of being banned.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either! And NO spoilers ever in the Contestant threads either.

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Open for business after 745PM. Hopefully no delays tonight!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I had New York, New York stuck in my head... Turns out the band was playing it in the 60 Minutes story. :lol:

Offline sb17burry

• RFF Not So Newbie
Is this open now?  :hugs:
"I wish you knew how important your words are to people-- spoken and unspoken, out of your mouth comes the power of life and death." - Meghan Camarena

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
And we are live :)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh by the way, my internet hates streams and I have an 8 minute delay. Yuck. :res:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
I would like to update but my stream lags everytime I post so...  I can't do it :/

Offline sb17burry

• RFF Not So Newbie
"You have one dollar for this leg of the race"

:gaah:
"I wish you knew how important your words are to people-- spoken and unspoken, out of your mouth comes the power of life and death." - Meghan Camarena

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Previously on The Amazing Race...

6 teams raced from Austria to Abu Dhabi. Tim & Marie argued at the detour, while Nicole was off her game at the detour. Nicky & Kim barely missed the boat, dropping them to last place. Jason and Leo faced off in a high speed race, and Leo & Jamal got 1st. Meanwhile, Nicky & Kim couldn't catch up but it was a non-elimination leg.

6 teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

Travis: "I'm so excited!"

Offline sb17burry

• RFF Not So Newbie
Previously on The Amazing Race...

6 teams raced from Austria to Abu Dhabi. Tim & Marie argued at the detour, while Nicole was off her game at the detour. Nicky & Kim barely missed the boat, dropping them to last place. Jason and Leo faced off in a high speed race, and Leo & Jamal got 1st. Meanwhile, Nicky & Kim couldn't catch up but it was a non-elimination leg.

6 teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

Travis: "I'm so excited!"

:cheer: That can only mean good news!  :wohoo:   :wohoo:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I'd love to race around in dune buggies in the desert! :conf: I wish they'd play classic TAR tunes from TAR10-TAR15 than "localized" music.

Come on Jasamy!!! :wohoo:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline sb17burry

• RFF Not So Newbie
I'd love to race around in dune buggies in the desert!

Dune Buggies in mud is wayyy more fun.. trust me, I've tried.  :pity

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Current Leaderboard (from desert):
1st - A$$animals
2nd - ERs
3rd - Miss Rhode Island
4th - Team Pink B-tch
5th - Ice Crew
6th - Bunnies
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leo & Jamal depart 1st at 7:10 AM. Use the satchel of Viking Coins from Norway to decipher a code that will unlock a Ford Explorer. The symbols of the coins need to appear in the correct order. Then turn the coins over to reveal a 5 digit sequence. CAUTION: U-TURN AHEAD. Proceed to the Sand Dunes.

Jason & Amy depart at 7:15 AM. Amy already broke the code ahead of the leg, LOL. Amy doesn't feel like they're going the right way.

Nicole & Travis depart at 7:23 AM. They will use their EP this leg (it's the last leg they can use it).

Tim & Marie depart at 7:44 AM. They're afraid that Jamy will U-Turn them. Tim will drive if Marie doesn't yell at him. :lol:

Nicole & Travis are behind Leo & Jamal... Wow. Their lead went away. Nicole & Travis might consider U-Turning Afghanimals.

Jamy are lost.

Ice girls depart at 7:53 AM. $1 for this leg. Ice girls don't know how to do this.

Nicky & Kim depart at 8:02 AM.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Come On Bunny/Ninjas! get out of that dune!  :gaah:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
DETOUR: Wedding Guests (cooking) or Beauty Contest (decorate camelized Dustin & Kandice :funny: )

Why couldn't teams get their clue from the palm tree by using a long stick? :res:

ERs use the EXPRESS PASS!!!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ally & Ashley get in their car. Nicky & Kim get it shortly after. Nicky & Kim have a speedbump this leg. Nicky & Kim say they have to be ninjas, not bunnies anymore.

Afghanimals and ER doctors arrive at the sand dunes. They're on their sand buggies. Follow the flags into the desert to find the next clue.

Jason & Amy are getting directions.

Leo & Jamal and Nicole & Travis are both driving through the dunes. ER doctors are stuck in the sand. Afghanimals get the clue. Return to their Ford Explorers and then proceed to Al Ain Oasis. Their next clue will be in the trees.

Afghanimals pass ER doctors on the way back. ER doctors get unstuck and get their clue.

Leo & Jamal see Jamy coming in. Jamy runs past Nicole & Travis and Amy says she hopes "they" don't U-Turn them. I don't know who "they" are. Jason & Amy see Tim & Marie coming. Jason & Amy get their clue as Tim & Marie start driving.

Jason & Amy are barely ahead of Tim & Marie.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:23:22 PM by Polaroid »

Offline sb17burry

• RFF Not So Newbie
Lesson learned: Never lie to Nicole & Travis.  :yess:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Travis & Nicole U-Turn Leo & Jamal; they go to Wadi Adventure!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nicky & Kim and Ally & Ashley arrive at sand dunes. Nicky & Kim are stuck... They're trying to dig the sand around the wheels. Ally & Ashley pass Nicky & Kim. Ally & Ashley get their clue. They pass Nicky & Kim on the way back.

Ally & Ashley leave the sand dunes...

Nicky & Kim are still stuck...

Commercial.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Camel is angry at Tim! :hrt: He feels the same way.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We're back with Nicky & Kim still stuck. They burnt out the clutch, so they had to get a new buggie. They said it was a cool experience, but they probably wouldn't want to do it again.

Afghanimals are trying to find the oasis. Nicole & Travis are in the oasis first. They see the clue in the tree, and someone climbs up to get the clue for them. Detour: Wedding Guests or Beauty Contest.

Wedding Guests; Prepare a ceremonial dish and prepare it according to the recipe. Deliver it to the cooking station.

Beauty Contest: Following a set of scoring guidelines, they have to pick a camel... If they come up with a winning camel, they will get their next clue...? :funny:

Jamy are lost. Afghanimals haven't seen Travis & Nicole in a while. ER Doctors leave while Afghanimals arrive.

Tim & Marie are in the oasis before Jason & Amy...

Leo & Jamal get the clue in 2nd. They're doing wedding guests. Tim & Marie are doing beauty contest.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tim & Marie fail at decorating correct camel; Jason & Amy start "Beauty Contest"

Travis & Nicole arrive at Wadi Adventure, Nicole does the Roadblock, but fails on first jump attempt. "I'm not tall enough!"

F/F teams get their clue from oasis.

Camels acting like divas towards Jason & Amy and Tim & Marie; exes pass Detour, "We picked a bad camel! :funny:)

Tim & Marie try to find tower. Leo & Jamal switch Detour after finding out the exes finished.

Travis & Nicole finish Roadblock, travel to Pit Stop, Jebel Hafeet.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Camel is angry at Tim! :hrt: He feels the same way.

Hope it doesn't slow them down :(

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ER Doctors arrive at the detour and they use their EP! Proceed to Al Jahalii tower. It's the double U-Turn! ER Doctors U-Turn Afghanimals because Afghanimals lied about U-Turning Brandon & Adam. :funny: Drive to Wadi Adventure and search for the next clue.

Jason & Amy get their clue from the oasis. They're choosing beauty contest. Amy's done beauty contests for 13 years and she says if she can't dress up a beauty contestant, she has problems. :lol:

Leo has restaurant experience so Afghanimals think they can do this quickly.

Tim & Marie find out their beauty contestant is a camel... Tim: "Are we supposed to put make-up on?" Omg this is way too funny. Tim literally has no clue what he's looking for. :funny: :funny: :funny: Marie sounds like an expert. Tim: "How's his humps? He knows he's hot!" :funny: They bring their camel to the dressing area.

Nicky & Kim hope that someone else is U-Turned like the Afghanimals.

Afghanimals saw Traivs & Nicole leaving the oasis... They hope that ER doctors didn't U-Turn them...

Tim was kicked by the camel... Tim's afraid that the camel is going to kick him again. Tim says he's crossed out getting kicked by a camel on his bucklet list. :funny: Tim's hilarious tonight. Tim & Marie are done dressing up their camel... Marie and Tim think that he's beautiful... But it's rejected. They have to repick a camel.

Jason & Amy arrive at camel...