Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 533052 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1700 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »
It was 4 continents and 9 countries with the first route (USA to China to Philippines (2) to Australia to Sri Lanka (2) to Italy (2) to Suisse to Spain to UK to USA) but they must have made a mistake. Stupid editors.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1701 on: April 13, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
It was 4 continents and 9 countries with the first route (USA to China to Philippines (2) to Australia to Sri Lanka (2) to Italy (2) to Suisse to Spain to UK to USA) but they must have made a mistake. Stupid editors.

That or they are trying to sort inflate how good the route is when it isn't really that good.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1702 on: April 13, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »
Press releases have been notoriously inaccurate. Take them with a BIG grain of salt.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1703 on: April 14, 2014, 03:34:20 AM »

:oh

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1704 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:49 AM »

Yes, that was the original route.

Show content
Original route:

USA - China - Philippines (x2) - Australia - Sri Lanka (x2) - Italy (x2) - Switzerland - Spain - UK - USA
4 continents, 9 countries, 35,000 miles
Continents: North America, Asia, Oceania, Europe

(Alternate) actual route:

USA - China (x2) - Malaysia (x2) - Sri Lanka (x2) - Italy (x2) - Switzerland - Spain - UK - USA
3 continents, 8 countries, 25,000 miles
Continents: North America, Asia, Europe

Note: The route was changed at the last minute when both of the Philippine legs were canceled due to the Typhoon, and Melbourne, Australia was abandoned. Guangzhou moved from one to two legs with the same greeters in the first two legs. Malaysia legs are the replacements of the Philippine legs.

So means no Africa nor South America.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:40:32 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1705 on: April 14, 2014, 08:05:26 AM »
Remember guys. WHAT WAS supposed to be remains SPECULATION. While we believe this (esp the Philippines) very likely, it CANNOT be 100% confirmed either way. SO do not present things as fact when they are  not confirmed. Remember the TAR 11 Tanzania leg? Even after all this time, what was supposed to be remains lost. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1706 on: April 14, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
It seems that they are trying so hard to keep things quiet about the All Stars season that they even forgot to put the editors in the loop.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1707 on: April 14, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »
I reiterate from a much previous post - UK is confirmed? Seems possible, but wasn't France thrown into the mix as well? :duno:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1708 on: April 14, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »

That or they are trying to sort inflate how good the route is when it isn't really that good.

Okay thanks!

I`am like i think that they, have went to great Places (could have been without 2 legs in Guangzhou, one would have been fine). But 3 continents in a Season, is not good. I want at least 4-6!

I just hope that The Amazing Race 25 kicks ass then!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1709 on: April 14, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
I just hope that The Amazing Race 25 kicks ass then!!!!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1710 on: April 15, 2014, 02:21:30 PM »

Yes, that was the original route.

Show content
Original route:

USA - China - Philippines (x2) - Australia - Sri Lanka (x2) - Italy (x2) - Switzerland - Spain - UK - USA
4 continents, 9 countries, 35,000 miles
Continents: North America, Asia, Oceania, Europe

(Alternate) actual route:

USA - China (x2) - Malaysia (x2) - Sri Lanka (x2) - Italy (x2) - Switzerland - Spain - UK - USA
3 continents, 8 countries, 25,000 miles
Continents: North America, Asia, Europe

Note: The route was changed at the last minute when both of the Philippine legs were canceled due to the Typhoon, and Melbourne, Australia was abandoned. Guangzhou moved from one to two legs with the same greeters in the first two legs. Malaysia legs are the replacements of the Philippine legs.

So means no Africa nor South America.
Uhmm, I just wanna point out, leg 1 and 2 had different greeters. I know a lot of people (including me) mistake Chinese people, but we've had close ups of those 2 greeters posted somewhere around here and they're definitely different people.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1711 on: April 15, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »
And saying yet again...while we do really THINK (based om good information) that the Philippines and Melbourne were supposed to be around this time...please do not state that this was an absolute...this will prob never be confirmed 100%. Just like TAR 11....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1712 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:05 PM »
And saying yet again...while we do really THINK (based om good information) that the Philippines and Melbourne were supposed to be around this time...please do not state that this was an absolute...this will prob never be confirmed 100%. Just like TAR 11....

:( Too bad we can't do anything to confirm it.

paldog123456

« Reply #1713 on: April 15, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »

Are you referring to the alleged replacement of Mt. Kilimanjaro with Zanzibar?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1714 on: April 16, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
With the Geneva pic posted by Phil, does that mean we have teams drive from Geneva to Lucerne? To me it seems like a long unnecessary drive when Zurich is closer. Is this feasible?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1715 on: April 16, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
We're talking about classic Ford Mustangs, y'all. It depends on whether Ford owns them, or if they're from private collectors.

The insurance premiums would be massive on classic cars like those.
-- theschnauzers

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1716 on: April 16, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
Geneva to Lucerne --> That Golden Pass is just awesome.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1717 on: April 16, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »

just for reference...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1718 on: April 16, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »
There was an interesting news item about the Ford Mustang on the news tonight.

50 years ago, Ford engineers disassembled a yellow 1965 Mustang and reassembled it on the observation deck of the Empire State Building and invited the media to photograph it. They repeated this photo op today, with a yellow 2015 Mustang.

Now we can see that Ford was planning ahead, since this Mustang appearance on TAR was perfectly timed to this same week. That's pretty amazing planning. (pun intended.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1719 on: April 18, 2014, 07:11:41 AM »
It's been a bit weird not seeing any U-Turns for 7 episodes, so I kinda thought that maybe they just cut 1 from the edit because no one used it? And I think I read someone throwing this out there, but now I think it's pretty clear that this wasn't the case from JJ's exit interview:

EJ P: If given the opportunity, would you guys run the race again? And would you have a different strategy/mindset?
John:
Yes, for sure. The race really is a once in a lifetime opportunity so the fact that we got to run it twice is so cool. We'd be humbled if we got the chance to do it again and we definitely would. If we did get to do round 3 we'd probably be U-turning people like crazy. Haha, just kidding, we've actually never even seen a U-turn board. Anyways, if we got to do it a third time we'd be married by then! So maybe that's been the missing link this whole time. I bet we'd take it if we ran it as newlyweds.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1720 on: April 18, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »

just for reference...

We're talking about classic Ford Mustangs, y'all. It depends on whether Ford owns them, or if they're from private collectors.

The insurance premiums would be massive on classic cars like those.

Cool cars!  I suspect the local Mustang Car clubs supplied the classic cars.  :yess:

Maybe we can match the cars to the club photos.

Mustang Club of Switzerland

Mustang Club of Italy

The Ford Mustang clubs worldwide

Edited to add:   :hoot: Yep, it's the Mustang Club of Switzerland cars:

Rene Sutter's 1965 Rangoon Red Convertible

Freddy van Moos' 1971 Lime Green Boss 351

Paul Piston's 1967 Sautern Gold Hardtop GTA Louis de-Rooji's 1967 Silver Frost Hardtop  :-[

Peter Lanz's 1966 Custom Blue Shelby GT 350

(maybe) Stefan Moser's 1969 Winter Blue Mach 1 (but the air dam does not match the club photo)  :groan:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:52:17 AM by Boingo »

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1721 on: April 18, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
Also if you Google GD Saconnex, it comes up with things such as a basketball team in Switzerland :)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1722 on: April 21, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
Just got this from twitter recently:

@PhilKeoghan: "Happy 50th!" to #FordMustang50 proud to work with @Ford on #AmazingRace pic.twitter.com/J9ezOE9e5s

Gd Saconnex (Grand Saconnex) is a municipality in Geneva btw. It is shown at the road sign on the right. Where were they going?

You've been duped! :snicker:

Swiss Museum of Transport, Lucerne

I hope that's a task site that would make Big Easy take another 4-hour penalty.  :funny:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1723 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »
Well we have confirmation of only 3 continents. Liverpool and Wales are the final leg. Although I'm happy to see Wales finally, it shouldn't be wasted on this "all star" season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1724 on: April 24, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
I mean, if I was just looking at the countries, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Italy, Spain & UK (Wales!!) really make up a good route in my opinion. Only that all those double legs ruined the first half and a lot of the tasks were.... disappointing. But had this been a route for a regular season, I wouldn't be complaining as much, especially if there were no doubles in either of China or Sri Lanka. I mean, both of those double legs could've been merged into single legs.

Overall it's just so NOT an All-Stars route :tantrum