Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 533016 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1650 on: March 22, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
World Trade Center in Colombo could easily just be Colombo general shots. No actual evidence of a task there...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1651 on: March 22, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
Every leg this season on TAR 24 SEEMS cancelled and replaced to me. :funny: #IMHO
This. :lol:

So was Guangzhou an originally planned destination? After the weird choice of tasks (midair somersaults, toy car assembly, shuttlecock vs. massage cup Detour), I feel there was no effort put into this not-so-all stars season.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1652 on: March 27, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
So, now that we know the leg after Rome is in Orvieto, Italy, I'm looking forward to it. It appears to be a dramatic and historic location between Rome and Florence. There are lots of old castles and churches, some over 1,000 years old. Also, it appears to be a center for ceramics, lace and woodworking. I saw mention of caves and even a funicular. There should be a lot to do there. Looks like it is a small city, so that is probably why we had no sightings.

I would think with one leg at an unknown destination between Orvieto and Seville, North Africa looks like a strong possibility. Gibraltar or the French Riviera would work too.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1653 on: March 27, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
Cleo had Bern, and now we have confirmation from the opening sequence that Bern is indeed the leg between Orvieto and Seville.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1654 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:06 AM »
Cleo had Bern, and now we have confirmation from the opening sequence that Bern is indeed the leg between Orvieto and Seville.

Oh well, never mind then.  :colors

At least some of my suggestions were on the right continent.  :funny:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1655 on: March 27, 2014, 07:48:16 AM »
CBS lists 4 continents and 9 countries.

continents: North America, Asia, Europe, 1 more (Africa?)

countries: USA, China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Italy, Spain, 3 more (Switzerland?, France?, eh?)

Also, where did Orvieto and Bern came from? Edit: Found Orvieto via Wikipedia. Bern?

Edit: With China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and Italy having 2 legs each, and the last one reserved for the US, the last four countries would be visited within 3 legs.  :(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:00:34 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1656 on: March 27, 2014, 07:51:10 AM »
Orvieto came from a press release in the media thread. I'm not sure about Bern

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1657 on: March 27, 2014, 08:02:02 AM »
Also, where did Orvieto and Bern came from? Edit: Found Orvieto via Wikipedia. Bern?

Cleo & Intro caps from Neobie ^^

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1658 on: March 28, 2014, 07:29:00 AM »
With China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and Italy having 2 legs each, and the last one reserved for the US, the last four countries would be visited within 3 legs.  :(
:(

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1659 on: March 28, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
With China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and Italy having 2 legs each, and the last one reserved for the US, the last four countries would be visited within 3 legs.  :(

They could just place a cluebox within the Vatican and, presto, they visit another country.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1660 on: March 28, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
This route isn't worthy of being All Stars to be honest. 4 double country legs in a row is just boring especially for the teams in my opinion.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1661 on: March 28, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »
This route isn't worthy of being All Stars to be honest. 4 double country legs in a row is just boring especially for the teams in my opinion.

This may be the post in the whole RFF in which I agree most.

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #1662 on: March 28, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »

Pretty sure it's not just in your opinion.
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1663 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
Same opinion here. If there were no Philippine disasters back during November, the 2 legs in Malaysia would still be 2 legs in the Philippines (correct me if I'm wrong). Not all-star at all. :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1664 on: March 29, 2014, 11:31:25 AM »
Same opinion here. If there were no Philippine disasters back during November, the 2 legs in Malaysia would still be 2 legs in the Philippines (correct me if I'm wrong). Not all-star at all. :groan:

Well, at least they would have been planned legs, not replacement. (Although I kinda liked Malaysia 2 and the rafting task saved Malaysia 1 lol)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1665 on: March 30, 2014, 04:15:42 AM »

They could just place a cluebox within the Vatican and, presto, they visit another country.

Switchback to Season 1  :funny:? I don't think that will happen.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:00:26 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1666 on: March 30, 2014, 05:44:26 AM »

They actually planned on visiting the Vatican, in a switchback to a Season 1 Fast Forward. (And like the original, no one used it  :funny:)

Really? :ascared Wow, how'd you know?

In any case, they'll probably be visiting Africa (because CBS said they visited 4 continents), mostly likely Morocco through the Gibraltar, which means Spain too (And the UK?). For all we know, they miscounted the number of continents and countries they visited.  :res:
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1667 on: March 30, 2014, 08:12:21 AM »
Four countries in eight episodes? :groan: I am really considering registering a Kickstarter for TAR and writing Bruckheimer a check for the sole purpose of visiting more countries with better, tougher tasks.

However, I'm not too anxious for this specific Leg as I researched Orvieto for a while. The historical, narrowly winding roads will be a navigable challenge, possibly even more so than TAR12 in Vinci when Kynt & Vyxsin flipped out about driving and their gas pedal/gear shift malfunction. There is also a strong possibility of a feature of Italy with their authentic wine countries.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1668 on: March 30, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »
Please read the spoilers. There is NO Africa, no 4 continents, and no Vatican as far as we know. Very sad.  :(

This route could have been much improved by adding in the Vatican, Malta, and Gibraltar /Morocco.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Don Task

« Reply #1669 on: March 31, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
So it's gonna be like this, right?

Why would PHIL and CBS lie to us with the number of countries, continents and miles? It can only turn against them, it brings nothing positive. I dont belive they counted the countries wrong. It would be so amateurish and lame.

I still hope we will be heavily surprised, because there will be some exotic African country included. That would be the only thing to make TAR24's route 'the second worst after TAR8', not the worst at all.  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1670 on: March 31, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
I think it was just a mistake, not a lie. Perhaps there were originally 4 continents, and somebody just goofed.

As far as we can figure, there is just NO time to add in an African stop...even a quickie from Seville.  But oh boy....I would do the happy dance if we are wrong on this one. This route is def NOT "AllStar's" worthy.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1671 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:25 AM »
I think it was just a mistake, not a lie. Perhaps there were originally 4 continents, and somebody just goofed.

As far as we can figure, there is just NO time to add in an African stop...even a quickie from Seville.  But oh boy....I would do the happy dance if we are wrong on this one. This route is def NOT "AllStar's" worthy.

If so, I'm guessing they counted North America twice: North America (1), Asia (2), Europe (3), North America (4).  :res:
Countries? USA (1), China (2), Malaysia (3), Sri Lanka (4), Italy (5), Switzerland (6), Spain (7), United Kingdom ('8'), USA (9)  :res:
After putting 'Season 18' for a Joey & Meghan flashback, I wouldn't be surprised  :res: (I will hold that against them forever)
So teams just flew from Paris to get to Las Vegas? I'm still a bit lost  :(
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1672 on: March 31, 2014, 04:49:10 PM »
I think with the 9 countries they might be considering Wales and England to be separate countries similar to how they did in Season 22 with Ireland and Scotland
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #1673 on: March 31, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
I think with the 9 countries they might be considering Wales and England to be separate countries similar to how they did in Season 22 with Ireland and Scotland

Somehow agree with this.  ???
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1674 on: March 31, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »

Somehow agree with this.  ???

They did it in TAR 22 with 10 countries being listed as visited with Scotland and Northern Ireland being counted as two different countries. As for the four continents thing, I think they are trying to justify the route saying they visited four continents
It's Clobbering Time!