Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 534244 times)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1575 on: February 09, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
Travel to China is not boring, especially for us who can not afford it. Also the challenges hopefully reveal new insights into the places or people. Neither is Malaysia or Spain boring. I like the weirdness of the bull in a ball, wonder what that challenge is? I love the scenery, especially pit stops. I love the Amazing Race. May it continue a long time.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1576 on: February 09, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »
Travel to China is not boring, especially for us who can not afford it. Also the challenges hopefully reveal new insights into the places or people. Neither is Malaysia or Spain boring. I like the weirdness of the bull in a ball, wonder what that challenge is? I love the scenery, especially pit stops. I love the Amazing Race. May it continue a long time.

I enjoy it too. I may have come across as a bit pessimistic towards The Amazing Race in general with my earlier comment. There are many aspects that I enjoy about this route. I personally love China, and love it when they go. Same with Malaysia. They haven't been to Sri Lanka in 18 seasons, so I am glad they are returning. However, what I am upset about is the lack of creativity in the past few seasons (save for 22). The Amazing Race is supposed to be that - amazing. But seasons like 23 and now 24 aren't. The producers don't even care anymore about making a quality competition. All they care about is making the cheapest race possible. This season is going to at least three very popular European countries (Italy, Spain, France and/or UK), all of which have been visited within the last 4 seasons (Italy in 20, Spain in 21, UK in 22, France in 21 & 22). Why not go off the beaten path with places like Malta, Belarus, or Latvia. These places are even less expensive than touristy Rome or Paris. If they go to Morocco, I'd sure be happy (Morocco is actually one of my favorite countries ever), but I know it would just be a location added by the producers to a.) give them a place to go between Italy and Spain and b.) give them bragging rights to say that they went to another continent (Africa), because a three continent race wouldn't go over well with viewers, which would result in less revenue. What is really the kicker is the fact that this is an All-Stars. It is supposed to be one of the best seasons ever. However, I would rather watch the family edition travel through exotic New Jersey than watch this train wreck. What about the excitement of Ushuaia, Zanzibar, or Liechtenstein? But no, we get to watch bulls in plastic balls. How exciting.

This post was probably just for me to vent my frustration, and I know I'll probably be getting hateful messages towards my opinions, but I mean every word I said. I am in no way saying I hate the Amazing Race. This just happens to be a disappointing route for me, and I am starting to lose faith in any chance that this show will ever be amazing again. However, I do love it, and I will watch it until it ends or I die, whichever comes first :)
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1577 on: February 09, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »
I understand, and this is the place to say stuff. May you and the race live a long time.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1578 on: February 09, 2014, 06:37:50 PM »
I really wish that they wouldn't do 3 continent races for an All Stars race or any race full stop. I'd expect at least 5 continents for a race like this.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1579 on: February 09, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
I understand, and this is the place to say stuff. May you and the race live a long time.

Thank you :)
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1580 on: February 18, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »
Mark & Bopper are in the Starting Line. I wonder what twist it is so Bopper dropped out.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1581 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:26 AM »
Just watched the new "Dramatic Twist" promo, and I think I have a fair idea how CBS will play this out -

From the promo, along with the new photo's on the CBS website of the teams, it's clear Boppers at the Starting Line. 
What probably happened was Phil and Bopper (and most likely Mark) were at the hospital (which is seen in the promo) probably a few days or even the day before the scheduled start of the race, and was told the bad news. Bopper went to the start line, knowing he wouldn't be racing and that's where Phil reveals it to everyone else that Bopper is unable to compete?
This would make sense, as it helps explain how they were able to get Mallory as a replacement - She will probably show up at the Start Line and surprise the others. (I'd assume Mark already know's he's racing with Mallory)

I'm just VERY surprised that Mark wanted to go ahead and race without Bopper?  ???

My only other concern is this medical condition? I hope it's only temporary, and won't hinder him from being able to compete in the race if asked to return in the future? Coz if any team deserve a third run, it's Bopper & Mark, and I don't even consider this a second time for them, so technically they've still only raced once!  :(

Oh well, that's my analysis anyway. :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1582 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:29 AM »
We should have just had Mallory & Brooke tbh :/

Mallory auditioned with Brooke and was seen at casting apparently.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1583 on: February 19, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »

Remember back in live sightings thread, Mallory and Brooke were to be as an alternate replacement team, and Brooke was already in Mexico (November 15th) on her own personal trip.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1584 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »

Really?? Which season did they Audition for?
They wouldn't have held any auditions for All-Stars, and if they auditioned for a regular season I couldn't see CBS using them as they've already run the race and would be rather suited to a returning season.

But yea, even though I'm not a fan of the hybrid teams, I agree that they should have just told Mark to wait till next time and use Mallory & Brooke.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1585 on: February 19, 2014, 09:07:19 AM »

Remember back in live sightings thread, Mallory and Brooke were to be as an alternate replacement team, and Brooke was already in Mexico (November 15th) on her own personal trip.

Ignore my last post. ^^^ I never seen this :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1586 on: February 19, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
Many were called, few were chosen. Many were NOT called.

But yes there are "auditions" of a sort. Teams have to impress the high levels of production, CBS, sponsors, etc....

And Claude is correct.

can't spell...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:57:50 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1587 on: February 19, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
Many were called, few were chosen. Many were NOT called.

But yes there are "auditions" of a sort. Teams have to impression the high levels of production, CBS, sponsors, etc....

And Claude is correct.

Well that's me told!  :funny:
Never knew they held Auditions for All-Stars though? Thought it was just the producers contacting who they want and just go down the list till they have 11 teams. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1588 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »
There was a "finals" but several more teams additionally went out separately. So any "finals" sightings are never 100% confirmation. They are always more teams "in the bushes".  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1589 on: February 19, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
There was a "finals" but several more teams additionally went out separately. So any "finals" sightings are never 100% confirmation. They are always more teams "in the bushes".  :funny:

I never knew that! Learn something new everyday :lol:
Thanks Peach.  :<3

On a different note though, I just re-watched the new promo and CBS SOOOOOOOOOOO dropped the ball on this it's crazy!
By looking at the shocked reactions of both the Afghanimals and Margie & Luke, and putting that together with the direction they're looking (over to their left, our right from viewing), and based on the positions of where each team is standing in the starting line picture (see link below) CBS have made it so easy for the fans to figure out that the "Shocking Drama" is in relation to Bopper & Mark.  :groan:

Here's a link to the picture on the CBS site - http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1001191/phil-greets-the-teams-on-the-season-24-premiere/49304/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1590 on: February 19, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
From the causal viewer's point of view, the promos may alert them that the team having a medical problem is Mark and Bopper, but none of the CBS written media or promos have given any hint that Mallory replaced Bopper.

So there's a surprise there for the causal viewer.

And let's admit that even our real time information did not have anything on why Bopper had to be replaced to race with Mark. (Also, IIRC, didn't Bopper have a medical issue during their prior Race? And I wonder if the two were related in any way.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1591 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »
From the causal viewer's point of view, the promos may alert them that the team having a medical problem is Mark and Bopper, but none of the CBS written media or promos have given any hint that Mallory replaced Bopper.

And let's admit that even our real time information did not have anything on why Bopper had to be replaced to race with Mark. (Also, IIRC, didn't Bopper have a medical issue during their prior Race? And I wonder if the two were related in any way.)

Hopefully most people that noticed / figured it out don't know about Mallory replacing Bopper, coz then it'll give them a nice surprise to see a fan favourite return!  :hoot:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1592 on: February 20, 2014, 10:17:13 AM »

Hopefully most people that noticed / figured it out don't know about Mallory replacing Bopper, coz then it'll give them a nice surprise to see a fan favourite return!  :hoot:
Early race outcome spoiler
Show content
And then it'll make them mad crazy to see 2 great teams, including Mallory, eliminated first.....

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1593 on: February 20, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
Today I noticed that this weekend is the premiere of Season 24, and I'm just not that excited for some reason, I don't know if it is the cast, the way the first few legs were heavily spoiled for me, surprisingly because usually I don't mind spoilers, I don't really know what it is...

I'm curious to what happened in the starting line that they needed a replacement. I'm excited for new challenges and locations and because is a new season and I'll get to talk about it with more people about it but there is something off with this season.

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1594 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
Same old same old.  At least one "villain" team and one "favorite" team  in the final 3, to make it compelling. Would not be surprised if it was not Margie and Luke and the Afghanimals having at least 2 spots with Brenchel getting the 3 .

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1595 on: February 21, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

Show content
And then it'll make them mad crazy to see 2 great teams, including Mallory, eliminated first.....

Show content
I'm all right with the Twins out first, I never really liked them after they stole from the Rockers in Season 21, so I'm glad to see Karma come back and bite them in the ass! :lol:

As for Mark & Mallory, if I'm correct, wasn't it the fault of Mark leaving his bag behind that got them eliminated??

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1596 on: February 21, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »
You're right, but it doesn't change the fact that viewers (more accurately fans) will be disappointed :lol: And sad :/

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1597 on: February 21, 2014, 02:25:30 PM »
You're right, but it doesn't change the fact that viewers (more accurately fans) will be disappointed :lol: And sad :/

I for one will definitely be upset with the end of Leg 2!  :'(

Show content
Especially after watching the Cast Assessment video released today, when Phil says Bopper & Mark lost their jobs and are having a hard time at the minute.  They're by far the most rootable team, not just this season, but quite possibly of all time?  :hearts:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1598 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »
Just reading the interview with Phil and how he talks about the team that doesn't make it past the start line. It sounds as though it literally only happened the night before they actually started the race. Something must of happened between doing the videos the day before (If that is when they do them) and the night of that day.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1599 on: February 22, 2014, 01:59:13 AM »

Show content

Show content
I'm all right with the Twins out first, I never really liked them after they stole from the Rockers in Season 21, so I'm glad to see Karma come back and bite them in the ass! :lol:

As for Mark & Mallory, if I'm correct, wasn't it the fault of Mark leaving his bag behind that got them eliminated??

:res: You need to look up the meaning of stealing :P

I don't think it was stealing because PRODUCTION GAVE IT TO THEM.

And for footnote 2, yes. Unfortunately :(

And once the season ends, time to speculate about their survival in the What If thread :lol: