Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 331690 times)

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1575 on: February 06, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
Wikipedia isn't accurate. The Press Release made a mistake.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1576 on: February 06, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »

Woo... thanks. Indeed there's a leg in Africa, probably Morocco between Italy and Spain.

Sadly, that does NOT appear to be the case. No Africa.....   :'( 
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Don Task

« Reply #1577 on: February 06, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »
So the-most-boring-route-ever with tons of double legs, Switzerland and Wales being our unknown legs and Ethiopia being the cancelled leg is true? If so, I am gonna be extremely disappointed.  :gaah:

Will the route of Amazing Race 25 be like Leg 1 - 3 China, Leg 4 - 6 India, Leg 7 - 9 Spain, Leg 10 - 11 UK with even more lies and rubbish in press release? I'll bet that's the true! *IRONY*

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1578 on: February 06, 2014, 08:00:11 PM »
So wait, 3 continents; 8 countries?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1579 on: February 07, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
R U KIDDING ME.  :crazy:

That cast, now this route...........  :tantrum

I really hope something's not true

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1580 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:32 PM »
The more I hear about 24, the more I hope they're doing this one on the cheap & easy to save up and do something really Amazing for the 25th edition.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1581 on: February 08, 2014, 01:01:05 AM »
i kinda think that those teams went  to central africa, because if they just went to northern africa, the distance won't add up to 35000 miles ( again  ASSUMING WIKIPEDIA'S ACCURACY )

Which country though? All the countries look pretty unsafe to me.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1582 on: February 08, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
The more I hear about 24, the more I hope they're doing this one on the cheap & easy to save up and do something really Amazing for the 25th edition.
Yeah, I'm hoping for that, too.  :iok
They definitely saved up some by not doing all the casting crap and just calling past racers. Though it's pennies, it seems like everything counts now. :lol:

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1583 on: February 09, 2014, 01:07:58 AM »
As much as I love the idea of another All-Stars, this race seems pretty lame. Since the producers have evolved into absolute cheapos, I predict the route will be something like this...

Leg 1: USA --> China
Leg 2: China
Leg 3: China --> Malaysia
Leg 4: Malaysia
Leg 5: Malaysia --> Sri Lanka
Leg 6: Sri Lanka
Leg 7: Sri Lanka --> Italy
Leg 8: Italy
Leg 9: Italy --> Morocco
Leg 10: Morocco --> Spain
Leg 11: Spain --> Paris, France --> London, UK
Leg 12: London, UK --> USA

Sorry CBS, but you disappoint :/
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1584 on: February 09, 2014, 04:20:06 AM »
As much as I love the idea of another All-Stars, this race seems pretty lame. Since the producers have evolved into absolute cheapos, I predict the route will be something like this...

I'd agree with this prediction if there was no double leg in Italy, I highly doubt that.

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1585 on: February 09, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »

I'd agree with this prediction if there was no double leg in Italy, I highly doubt that.

Here is my idea for the route:

Leg 8: Italy (Sardinia)
Leg 11: Spain --> Andorra --> Paris, France
Leg 12: Paris, France --> USA

This is pure speculation on my part.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1586 on: February 09, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
Travel to China is not boring, especially for us who can not afford it. Also the challenges hopefully reveal new insights into the places or people. Neither is Malaysia or Spain boring. I like the weirdness of the bull in a ball, wonder what that challenge is? I love the scenery, especially pit stops. I love the Amazing Race. May it continue a long time.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1587 on: February 09, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »
Travel to China is not boring, especially for us who can not afford it. Also the challenges hopefully reveal new insights into the places or people. Neither is Malaysia or Spain boring. I like the weirdness of the bull in a ball, wonder what that challenge is? I love the scenery, especially pit stops. I love the Amazing Race. May it continue a long time.

I enjoy it too. I may have come across as a bit pessimistic towards The Amazing Race in general with my earlier comment. There are many aspects that I enjoy about this route. I personally love China, and love it when they go. Same with Malaysia. They haven't been to Sri Lanka in 18 seasons, so I am glad they are returning. However, what I am upset about is the lack of creativity in the past few seasons (save for 22). The Amazing Race is supposed to be that - amazing. But seasons like 23 and now 24 aren't. The producers don't even care anymore about making a quality competition. All they care about is making the cheapest race possible. This season is going to at least three very popular European countries (Italy, Spain, France and/or UK), all of which have been visited within the last 4 seasons (Italy in 20, Spain in 21, UK in 22, France in 21 & 22). Why not go off the beaten path with places like Malta, Belarus, or Latvia. These places are even less expensive than touristy Rome or Paris. If they go to Morocco, I'd sure be happy (Morocco is actually one of my favorite countries ever), but I know it would just be a location added by the producers to a.) give them a place to go between Italy and Spain and b.) give them bragging rights to say that they went to another continent (Africa), because a three continent race wouldn't go over well with viewers, which would result in less revenue. What is really the kicker is the fact that this is an All-Stars. It is supposed to be one of the best seasons ever. However, I would rather watch the family edition travel through exotic New Jersey than watch this train wreck. What about the excitement of Ushuaia, Zanzibar, or Liechtenstein? But no, we get to watch bulls in plastic balls. How exciting.

This post was probably just for me to vent my frustration, and I know I'll probably be getting hateful messages towards my opinions, but I mean every word I said. I am in no way saying I hate the Amazing Race. This just happens to be a disappointing route for me, and I am starting to lose faith in any chance that this show will ever be amazing again. However, I do love it, and I will watch it until it ends or I die, whichever comes first :)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1588 on: February 09, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »
I understand, and this is the place to say stuff. May you and the race live a long time.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1589 on: February 09, 2014, 06:37:50 PM »
I really wish that they wouldn't do 3 continent races for an All Stars race or any race full stop. I'd expect at least 5 continents for a race like this.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1590 on: February 09, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
I understand, and this is the place to say stuff. May you and the race live a long time.

Thank you :)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1591 on: February 18, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »
Mark & Bopper are in the Starting Line. I wonder what twist it is so Bopper dropped out.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #1592 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:26 AM »
Just watched the new "Dramatic Twist" promo, and I think I have a fair idea how CBS will play this out -

From the promo, along with the new photo's on the CBS website of the teams, it's clear Boppers at the Starting Line. 
What probably happened was Phil and Bopper (and most likely Mark) were at the hospital (which is seen in the promo) probably a few days or even the day before the scheduled start of the race, and was told the bad news. Bopper went to the start line, knowing he wouldn't be racing and that's where Phil reveals it to everyone else that Bopper is unable to compete?
This would make sense, as it helps explain how they were able to get Mallory as a replacement - She will probably show up at the Start Line and surprise the others. (I'd assume Mark already know's he's racing with Mallory)

I'm just VERY surprised that Mark wanted to go ahead and race without Bopper?  ???

My only other concern is this medical condition? I hope it's only temporary, and won't hinder him from being able to compete in the race if asked to return in the future? Coz if any team deserve a third run, it's Bopper & Mark, and I don't even consider this a second time for them, so technically they've still only raced once!  :(

Oh well, that's my analysis anyway. :lol:
Wishlist for Next Returnee Season:
Kym & Alli - Misti & Jim - Mike & Rochelle - Hayley & Blair - Ernest & Jin - Cindy & Rick - Tiffany & Krista
 - Scott & Blair - Mike & Liz

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #LookWhatYouMadeMeDo
« Reply #1593 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:29 AM »
We should have just had Mallory & Brooke tbh :/

Mallory auditioned with Brooke and was seen at casting apparently.
"But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice (oh)"

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1594 on: February 19, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »

Remember back in live sightings thread, Mallory and Brooke were to be as an alternate replacement team, and Brooke was already in Mexico (November 15th) on her own personal trip.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #1595 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »

Really?? Which season did they Audition for?
They wouldn't have held any auditions for All-Stars, and if they auditioned for a regular season I couldn't see CBS using them as they've already run the race and would be rather suited to a returning season.

But yea, even though I'm not a fan of the hybrid teams, I agree that they should have just told Mark to wait till next time and use Mallory & Brooke.
Kym & Alli - Misti & Jim - Mike & Rochelle - Hayley & Blair - Ernest & Jin - Cindy & Rick - Tiffany & Krista

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #1596 on: February 19, 2014, 09:07:19 AM »

Remember back in live sightings thread, Mallory and Brooke were to be as an alternate replacement team, and Brooke was already in Mexico (November 15th) on her own personal trip.

Ignore my last post. ^^^ I never seen this :lol:

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1597 on: February 19, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
Many were called, few were chosen. Many were NOT called.

But yes there are "auditions" of a sort. Teams have to impress the high levels of production, CBS, sponsors, etc....

And Claude is correct.

can't spell...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:57:50 AM by georgiapeach »
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #1598 on: February 19, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
Many were called, few were chosen. Many were NOT called.

But yes there are "auditions" of a sort. Teams have to impression the high levels of production, CBS, sponsors, etc....

And Claude is correct.

Well that's me told!  :funny:
Never knew they held Auditions for All-Stars though? Thought it was just the producers contacting who they want and just go down the list till they have 11 teams. :lol:

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1599 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »
There was a "finals" but several more teams additionally went out separately. So any "finals" sightings are never 100% confirmation. They are always more teams "in the bushes".  :funny: