Author Topic: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 533098 times)

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 24 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1525 on: January 28, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »
Well, we already have two legs Italy....

As best as we can tell on limited info, Kandy looks good.

Apart from Morocco, how about Tunisia? Could they go from Italy to Tunis for example before going to Spain?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1526 on: January 28, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »
That thought occurred to me this morning when I read that Tunisa's Parliament has finished work on a new post-Arab Spring Constitution, which was signed by its interim president and prime minister, and there hasn't been the violence seen in all of its neighbors in the past few months.

Tunisia hasn't been visited since TAR 1 IIRC, so it would make sense if it has been as safe as I'm thinking it has been.
-- theschnauzers

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1527 on: January 28, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »
Well, we already have two legs Italy....

As best as we can tell on limited info, Kandy looks good.

Apart from Morocco, how about Tunisia? Could they go from Italy to Tunis for example before going to Spain?

Rome-Tunis can be found on Tunisair and Alitalia. Tunisia-Seville would probably require connecting flights back in Europe, which I tend to regard as a good way to shake up the field a little.  And a stable part of North Africa seems like a better way to pick up another continent than a really tight East African leg after Sri Lanka that probably would have required connecting through Dubai. (Though there's enough of a gap that they could have gone Rome-Ethiopia-Spain and had the dates work out, Ethiopia being one of the more stable & safe places in that region with good air access)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1528 on: January 28, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
That thought occurred to me this morning when I read that Tunisa's Parliament has finished work on a new post-Arab Spring Constitution, which was signed by its interim president and prime minister, and there hasn't been the violence seen in all of its neighbors in the past few months.

Tunisia hasn't been visited since TAR 1 IIRC, so it would make sense if it has been as safe as I'm thinking it has been.

I thought Morocco was safer than Tunisia but if it's like that Tunisia is an option.

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1529 on: January 29, 2014, 07:43:35 AM »
If you read through the press releases about this season, they all talk about the new "twist." We all know about a team not passing the starting line, so this got me thinking.

At first, we thought a certain teammate might have been injured or sick or couldn't leave the country for whatever reason. Now, however, I wonder if there is some type of SL task, with the losing team losing a teammate????

I am probably over analyzing the press releases, but sounds interesting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1530 on: January 29, 2014, 08:48:40 AM »
There is a Starting Line Task. But the two things have nothing to do with each other. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1531 on: January 29, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »
There is a Starting Line Task. But the two things have nothing to do with each other. :tup:

:yess:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1532 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:10 AM »
To be honest, if it's an Allstars (TARUB - 23), I'm surprised they didn't choose Gary and Mallory over Margie and Luke, not because Margie and Luke are not memorable.. but, Gary and Mallory made a huge impression on UB.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1533 on: January 30, 2014, 02:26:16 AM »
To be honest, if it's an Allstars (TARUB - 23), I'm surprised they didn't choose Gary and Mallory over Margie and Luke, not because Margie and Luke are not memorable.. but, Gary and Mallory made a huge impression on UB.

There are a LOT of teams I would have rather seen tbh.

Regarding this season's cast, I'm only happy to see five of the teams. :res:

So much more good choices from the other seasons ESPECIALLY TAR 19. TAR 19 snub is seriously ugh.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1534 on: January 30, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »

So much more good choices from the other seasons ESPECIALLY TAR 19. TAR 19 snub is seriously ugh.

Bill and Cathi should of been asked to return! I can understand why Amarcus didn't come back and same with Snowboarders/Jeremy and Sandy but they were a great team who I think would of done well. Out of all the non three timers, the only odd pick from TAR 22 was Jessica/John.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1535 on: January 30, 2014, 03:45:04 AM »

TAR 4, TAR 6 and TAR 13 are the only seasons where there is not even one returning team... and those seasons feature some really memorable teams like Kelly and Jon, Kris and Jon, REBECCA <3, Lori and Bolo, Terence and Sarah and KEN AND TINA. Seriously don't get the producers taste and choice.

BACK TO THE TOPIC though, do you think Bopper will even appear at the starting line? I mean, even if Mallory is officially replacing, it's kinda hard and impossible to draw some links just right during the first 10 mins teams introduction segment?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1536 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »
Yes, Bopper will be at the Start Line.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1537 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:41 AM »
I thought it says: "One team won't make it to the starting line." not "One team won't make it past the starting line."?  ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1538 on: January 30, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
I thought it says: "One team won't make it to the starting line." not "One team won't make it past the starting line."?  ???
That's also what I think, so that would mean that it wasn't the starting line task that got Bopper eliminated and Mallory take his place & race with Mark. ;)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1539 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
That's also what I think, so that would mean that it wasn't the starting line task that got Bopper eliminated and Mallory take his place & race with Mark. ;)

That could be it. The Starting Line task could be played individually, and the last racer to finish it would be eliminated, with a mystery racer to take his or her place, Mallory being revealed as this mystery racer. Whether this be a blessing or a curse is up to the remaining racer to decide. And the "one team won't even make it to the starting line" thing is played on the technicality that the team 'changed' because one team member is different.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1540 on: January 30, 2014, 10:16:56 PM »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1541 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »

Bill and Cathi should of been asked to return! I can understand why Amarcus didn't come back and same with Snowboarders/Jeremy and Sandy but they were a great team who I think would of done well. Out of all the non three timers, the only odd pick from TAR 22 was Jessica/John.
I'm pretty sure Bill & Cathi were one of the originally invited teams (the probable reason why there are so many Unfinished Business returnees), but I do remember Cathi stating she is a college instructor who also works her & Bill's ranch. Plus, the all-stars II filming was during school days so Cathi had no choice but to decline. They ran the race in the summer for TAR19. For casting, we have to think how the team would take the call. Not how we would.

There's no way Jeremy & Sandy would have been invited back. They are probably one of the least memorable dating teams yet. I can't even remember one placement they got before the finale.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:09:15 AM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1542 on: February 01, 2014, 07:29:17 AM »
Based on one of the promos, we see Cord and Jessica jumping with local dancers and trying to grab the flag of Sabah. We also see Cord rappelling off the Kiansom waterfall. They both seem like Roadblock tasks, but Cord is doing both, so it's not likely. Maybe the jumping is a Route Info task or Detour option, since they have the gnome in the rappelling and it seems odd to have both team members get the gnome.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1543 on: February 01, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »
There's no way Jeremy & Sandy would have been invited back. They are probably one of the least memorable dating teams yet. I can't even remember one placement they got before the finale.
Perhaps because they had literally no airtime  :groan:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1544 on: February 01, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »

There's another reason why they weren't invited back:

Sandy and Jeremy wanted to share their happiness with you all!!

Welcome to the world, Peyton Grace!!

From Sandy:

Our proudest moment. Payton Grace Cline. Born 10/9/13 at 3:51pm. 7lbs 3oz and 20in long. We are so in love and grateful!

The season filming started one month later.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1545 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »
Well, that could be a reason for them to DECLINE, but I don't think CBS even called them :P Anyway, it doesn't even matter, 'cause obviously they're not on and should not be worried about :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1546 on: February 01, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »

Sandy and Jeremy wanted to share their happiness with you all!!

Welcome to the world, Peyton Grace!!

From Sandy:

Our proudest moment. Payton Grace Cline. Born 10/9/13 at 3:51pm. 7lbs 3oz and 20in long. We are so in love and grateful!

The season filming started one month later.
Adorable! :luvya: Even though they weren't my race favorites and the news is pretty late, Payton is incredibly cute. :conf: Congratulations to Jeremy & Sandy.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1547 on: February 01, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Something that somewhat surprises me. If they are billing it as All Stars again why not invite back a winning team? I'm sure teams like Ernie & Cindy and Josh & Brent would happily race again if they needed another team to take part. Either of those two would be better than Jess and John  :funny: Unless they are planning something for Season 25.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1548 on: February 01, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
is wikipedia always true? if it is, then we have the fourth continent that isn't listed in our timeline :conf: :conf:

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1549 on: February 01, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »
According to Wikipedia, this Season spans 35,000 miles, the same as last season. While I find it highly unlikely that this race could have as long of a route, it got me thinking.

We have several days between leg 7 in Rome and leg 10 in Seville. We also know that a fourth "mystery" continent was visited at some point on the race. From this information, I am suspecting that a country in West Africa was visited for two legs, with a possible NEL/TBC in the middle.

Also, the press release stated that there will be nine countries visited, of which we only currently know six: China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Italy, Spain, and USA. The remaining three must each have their own leg, or one leg must visit two countries. My guess for the leg 11 is probably somewhere in west Europe, such as England/Wales/France/etc.

All of this is just speculation. Feel free to discuss.